Utterly Horrific

Chad Sexington

The more I see of him the less inclined I am to keep watching, but he appears to be attracting a following and getting TV exposure. No idea why.

So, he's just moved The Mighty Boosh to Channel 4, dropped the cast and removed any hint of plot?

Chad Sexington

So, he's just moved The Mighty Boosh to Channel 4, dropped the cast and removed any hint of plot?

Yup.

Looks like breaking into the wacky dressing up box and slavering pish gets you a chanel 4 gig now. :vrface:

Gregory House M.D.

His programmes have cult followings

Find him quite funny on Buzzcock sometimes but all his shows are shite

I saw the Mighty Boosh live on the tele one night and it was the biggest lot of shite ever

His programmes have cult followings

Find him quite funny on Buzzcock sometimes but all his shows are shite

I saw the Mighty Boosh live on the tele one night and it was the biggest lot of shite ever

Agree 100%. I like him on panel shows and things like that and i like him in the IT Crowd but the mighty boosh is awful and this new show looks even worse.

I quite enjoyed the mighty boosh. It actually had a story and some of the characters were class.

806615_o.gif

Tony-Harrison.jpg

LoadedDec07crackfox.jpg

Sorry, saw the title and I clicked on this thinking it was the "Leith Bursds" thread.

Also, the shows looks utter s**te and Noel Fielding is an arsehole.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Noel Fielding is good on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and in the IT Crowd but this show looks absolutely terrible, seen a few trailers/adverts on E4. Definitely going to give it a miss.

Had it on in the background while doing some work stuff on the laptop

labelling it complete and utter horse shite is the best I can say, the swear filter stops me from saying what I truly think

awful awful stuff and I loved the Mighty Boosh

The guy is like marmite. I loved mighty boosh, but havent seen his new show yet. Cant help but feel that it will be a poor imitation to the boosh. And majority of comments here seem to reinforce that thought. Shame, as I really like Fieldings humour.

Johanes de Silentio

Saw a couple of trailers for this - not the slightest bit interested in watching the show.

Shame, because The Mighty Boosh was genius.

Chick-a-chick-ah! :thumbsup:

It looks about as entertaining as Tramadol Nights - which was beyond awful.

I agree with the view that Fielding is funny on Buzzcocks, etc but The Mighty Boosh isn't my cup of tea.

I liked the first 2 seris of the mighty boosh, some of it was great comedy. The third seris was very poor and that show last night was one of the worst things I have ever seen. That show last night is what happens when you give someone alot of money, lsd and a camera.

It just wouldn't feel right having a thread about the Unfunniest Heap of Dung without mentioning this pile of absolute crap:

celebrity_juice.jpg

Sure, it has Holly Willoughby and Michelle Keegan, but the show itself is pure, unfiltered garbage! :down:

It just wouldn't feel right having a thread about the Unfunniest Heap of Dung without mentioning this pile of absolute crap:

celebrity_juice.jpg

Sure, it has Holly Willoughby and Michelle Keegan, but the show itself is pure, unfiltered garbage! :down:

Agreed, absolute tripe.

I like Noel Fielding at times on Buzzcocks but even the arse has been drawn out of that now.

His programmes though make me feel like I'm on a bad trip. The League of Gentleman was as eccentric as I could get.

Guest C00l K1d

Me too. Had a few funny bits, a few wtf bits. I'll keep watching it. :thumbsup:

Thought the sketch in the trailer was quite funny but if im being honest i thought the show was shite.

Really like fielding but don't know what his angle on that was.

Chad Sexington

I'm a big fan of the Mighty Boosh but this new show was just pushing the randomness boundaries a bit too far! To the point where it didn't make much sense...

The only part I laughed out loud at, and I'm not entirely sure why, was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz2ZakKkXH0

:what:

I found that clip excrutiating. :(

I'm starting to believe that it was Julian Barret who was clearly the talent in The Mighty Boosh.

Johanes de Silentio

I'm starting to believe that it was Julian Barret who was clearly the talent in The Mighty Boosh.

I always thought that, tbh.

Guest C00l K1d

:what:

I found that clip excrutiating. :(

Didnt he write 95% of it and Noel Fielding kind of just fitted in.

Chad Sexington

Wouldn't surprise me.

You always got the feeling that JB was the one keeping the whole thing from turning into a self-indulgent chugfest. His neurotic, uptight persona was a brilliant couterpoint to NF's pretentious dandy.

I know a lot of people hated the Boosh but it really worked, imo. :)

Johanes de Silentio

As much as I think that Barret was the brains behind The Boosh, Fielding was excellent when playing characters like The Hitcher and The Spirit of Jazz.

Chad Sexington

As much as I think that Barret was the brains behind The Boosh, Fielding was excellent when playing characters like The Hitcher and The Spirit of Jazz.

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

He's clearly talented. His problem here seems to be that he's been given a free hand to indulge himself...with harrowing and disturbing results. :facepalm:

Johanes de Silentio

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

He's clearly talented. His problem here seems to be that he's been given a free hand to indulge himself...with harrowing and disturbing results. :facepalm:

Seems awfy like it. :(

Any knowledge as to whether Barrett was involved in this mess in any way?

I get the impression that Fielding has had money thrown at him since his profile-boosting Buzzcocks gig.

Guest C00l K1d

Yeah definately. Dont get me wrong i think hes hilarious but i think hes played on his 'weird personality' to much and thought he'd get away with it.

Have you seen his stand up? he was on at the apollo once and i thought that was pretty funny

Johanes de Silentio

Yeah definately. Dont get me wrong i think hes hilarious but i think hes played on his 'weird personality' to much and thought he'd get away with it.

Have you seen his stand up? he was on at the apollo once and i thought that was pretty funny

Haven't seen him properly in stand-up mode, but I don't imagine I'd like it much.

I genuinely wonder if Barrett and Fielding might have a Lennon-McCartney thing going on - brilliant together, but less so without each other?

Fielding is clearly more comfortable in the limelight than Barratt, who doesn't seem at all comfortable with media attention.

Could be a factor, maybe? I'm guessing, tbh.

Haven't seen him properly in stand-up mode, but I don't imagine I'd like it much.

I genuinely wonder if Barrett and Fielding might have a Lennon-McCartney thing going on - brilliant together, but less so without each other?

Fielding is clearly more comfortable in the limelight than Barratt, who doesn't seem at all comfortable with media attention.

Could be a factor, maybe? I'm guessing, tbh.

I think you're right about the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. The two guys who wrote red dwarf have been pretty honking when separated but much better together.

I'd also say that, like so many artists, the boosh probably struggled after the first two series because they'd been able to build on stuuf they'd done on radio and stage for years (any boosh fans should pick up the radio show). the third series was much weaker and a big part of that will be the lack of a public sounding board and extended gestation.

remove those two elements and the jazz stylings of Howard moon and you end up with noel's e4 chug-o-rama.

Carl Spackler

The Mighty Boosh was excellent.

I've only seen the first half of the first programme of this thing and I found myself laughing at the first sketch and was liking it. But then then next two sketches were beyond s**t, gave up on it.

I heard him getting interviewed on Richard Bacon's show. I think he knows he's made a shite program from the way he was talking.

Archived