Hearts badge on the pitch?

viva hate

I seem to remember the Hearts groundsman cutting the Hearts badge into the turf. I also seem to remember that Hearts were forced to remove it due to copyright? I've been looking for pictures but cannot find anything. Does anybody remember this?

Gregory House M.D.

I seem to remember the Hearts groundsman cutting the Hearts badge into the turf. I also seem to remember that Hearts were forced to remove it due to copyright? I've been looking for pictures but cannot find anything. Does anybody remember this?

The 18 yard area was once the shape of the top half of a Heart I think

Yip it was done in the 95/96 season JJ's first season in charge. SPL/SFA said they couldnt do it due too advertising or some crap like that!!!

think it was sfa killjoys that stopped it a few teams had there badge on the pitch and the dour men didnt like it .

andfultons baggio

Highlights were on bbc of hearts beating Falkirk 4-2 ,Alan Lawrence scored and the heart badge was on pitch,Early season 95/6 I think?

If memory serves, the SFA cited a FIFA/UEFA regulation that specifically forbids any type of advertising actually on the pitch etc. :blink:

It was pointed out that the league had sponsors names on the corner flags, contravening the same regulation. :unsure:

We were told "that was different" and we still couldn't brush or cut the heart into the grass. :sad:

Double standards and incompetence are not new! :mad:

If memory serves, the SFA cited a FIFA/UEFA regulation that specifically forbids any type of advertising actually on the pitch etc. :blink:

It was pointed out that the league had sponsors names on the corner flags, contravening the same regulation. :unsure:

We were told "that was different" and we still couldn't brush or cut the heart into the grass. :sad:

Double standards and incompetence are not new! :mad:

They did quote some FIFA/UEFA regulations. Shame really as it looked brilliant.

think it was sfa killjoys that stopped it a few teams had there badge on the pitch and the dour men didnt like it .

I seem to remember the SFA's excuse for telling us to get rid of it was that it was an illegal "appurtenance". You'd think such innovations would be welcomed. I can't see any downside.

Rankeillor_hearts

Highlights were on bbc of hearts beating Falkirk 4-2 ,Alan Lawrence scored and the heart badge was on pitch,Early season 95/6 I think?

Would be good to see that. There is probably a chance POAB2 may have it as part of his back catalogue.

Didn't Partick have thistles and Celtic have shamrocks cut into their pitches at the start of that season as well? Hibs could have had this :001_9898: carved into theirs.

I'm sure Partick were the first to do it.

I remember in that game, Henry Smith made a save, and the ref gave a goal kick. Henry was so offended he started waving his hand to claim he'd gotten a touch! :thumbsup:

Would love to see us beat them 5-1 now, though! :lol:

Strangely enough, City got relegated that season. :ninja:

Archived