Favorite JKB thread of all time

Jimmy McNulty

Jimmy McNulty

Has to be the legendary "Shaking with Rage" thread started by JKB's own I.J.

Though the thread asking for the most annoying kickbacker (which ended in approx 20 suspensions and bans!) comes a close second.

What's yours?

Ridiculous things done when pished deserves a mention as well. Incidently I don't think I've contributed to a thread quite as much as that one ;)

Although for the sheer drama of it all, the IJ thread has to be number one.

chester copperpot

Gigalo Aunts one on christmas eve a few years ago where he pretended to have a live interview with Noel Gallagher on MSN, where he was asking the questions to him from posts on KB was my favourite.

He had all us merry erse's thinking he was actually chatting to Noel Gallagher. he was awesome at the answering the questions though, very Gallagher-esque in his responses, had us all hook line and sinker.

Ridiculous things done when pished deserves a mention as well. Incidently I don't think I've contributed to a thread quite as much as that one ;)

Although for the sheer drama of it all, the IJ thread has to be number one.

I still think of that post about the golf pole through the letterbox & laugh. It comes to mind whenever I get past the traffic lights at Faimilehead.

It's the thought of the 2 guys pi$$ing themselves whilst doing it & also the thought of the owners of the house discovering it the next morning.

Gigalo Aunts one on christmas eve a few years ago where he pretended to have a live interview with Noel Gallagher on MSN, where he was asking the questions to him from posts on KB was my favourite.

He had all us merry erse's thinking he was actually chatting to Noel Gallagher. he was awesome at the answering the questions though, very Gallagher-esque in his responses, had us all hook line and sinker.

Presumably someone asked the red or broon sauce question :D

dodethejambo

The I.J. thread was a good un, but the 'Pimping Angels' has to have a special mention.

Ah...I've remembered my all-time favourite post, not necessarily a thread, just a post.

It concerned Floyd, Frank McGarvey and a game of five-a-side football.

Oh for a re-post....(hint, hint Floyd....)

Lochend Brazil

Not a post as such.

I remember the poster Say No To Hobos posting on Hibs net and going under the name of Say No..........................I think the night I seen him getting caught by a hobo I was pished and that my sides where splitting. Ya jambo fud etc your that cu.t thats on sickback, it took them a month or two to catch on. Thought that was a belter.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I still think of that post about the golf pole through the letterbox & laugh. It comes to mind whenever I get past the traffic lights at Faimilehead.

It's the thought of the 2 guys pi$$ing themselves whilst doing it & also the thought of the owners of the house discovering it the next morning.

That was my thread ;)

I remember that post well, it was D-McG, I genuinely burst out laughing which is pretty rare when you are reading KB!

The thought of a person getting up in the morning and finding a fecking flag pole on their floor is hilarious!

The shaking with rage one was absolutely amazing.

To this day I still can't get my head around the fact that the guy was sitting shaking when he heard a rugby score announced at a football match.

FECKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Shaking with rage" was a classic back in the olden days - kept that one going for ages along with JTNut back when his name was JTNut 5-1 and he didn't keep telling me that I'm not funny any more. :sad:

"Favourite / Least Favourite Kickbacker" and "WAJ's Pimping KB Angels" were also brilliant, although retrospectively maybe that last one actually wasn't.

It was a few years back in the wee small hours , PompeyJambo had raided the fridge after getting home from the pub , was completely leathered and typing like he was wearing boxing gloves.

I laughed 'til I cried.

The thread about how to kill a fish that was freaking out it's owner had me in stitches. Cant remember who the op was but he was sure the fish was staring him out when he was trying to watch tv. Some of the ideas for doing away with the offending fish were pure genius.

The Old Tolbooth
The thread about how to kill a fish that was freaking out it's owner had me in stitches. Cant remember who the op was but he was sure the fish was staring him out when he was trying to watch tv. Some of the ideas for doing away with the offending fish were pure genius.

It was the poster who suggested smacking it on the nose with a rolled up stamp that had me in fits he he!!!

The pimping angels thread, quite sinister now 'eh?

The IJ threads were the stuff of legend, the favourite/non favourite posters were always interesting/amusing, but the best stories probably came out of the confessions and embarrassing situations threads. Stories I don't think I'd ever tell if it were me...

It's heartening to know that I will always have a place in KB folklore. ;)

p.s. That rant worked, because I have never since heard Scott Wilson read out an irrelevant rugger score after the match.

That's generally because I'm halfway through my first pint in the Diggers by then mind........

:P

Agree with pammiep, the thought of ron atkinsons mic being terrorised by a tropical fish had me in stitches. What happened in the end? Did the fish get it?

Ray Winstone

Number one has to be the Irvine Jambo one when Creag was telling everyone how insulted he was about being called a liar.

Followed in a close second by the thread where he came clean.

Those 2 will be remembered forever!

Number one has to be the Irvine Jambo one when Creag was telling everyone how insulted he was about being called a liar.

Followed in a close second by the thread where he came clean.

Those 2 will be remembered forever!

It was like a soap.

You had to keep coming back to check the latest.

:laugh:

The "C'mon Lithuania" thread before the Scotland-Lithuania game last year, there were quite a few shaking with rage at that one.

Ray Winstone
It was like a soap.

It was quite amazing.

Eastenders sucks compared to the Irvine Jambo threads.

That was one of my finer moments I have to admit.

:D

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Agree with pammiep, the thought of ron atkinsons mic being terrorised by a tropical fish had me in stitches. What happened in the end? Did the fish get it?

I let him off lightly.

I put him in a seperate area with water not as hot as it should be, that soon sorted him out.

He's been as good as gold ever since.

Any more of his ****e and I will be selling him to Captain Birdseye.

It was like a soap.

and ain't THAT the truth. i was very entertained by that thread.

i do love coming home to read the "official match thread" of the day, if i've been at the game, to see how others have seen the game, but the IJ/creag threads were absolute quality, followed by the pink hoody AKA are you a man or a woman thread which was hilarious

Canuk, are you sure about that? Thought it was Peebles Jambo who came out with that one.

:)

Has to be the legendary "Shaking with Rage" thread started by JKB's own I.J.

Though the thread asking for the most annoying kickbacker (which ended in approx 20 suspensions and bans!) comes a close second.

What's yours?

It was the poster who suggested smacking it on the nose with a rolled up stamp that had me in fits he he!!!

HAw haw haw, gets my vote.

My favourite was the thread unmasking the Irvine Jambo scam with the vast majority trying to pretend they were never taken in. Hilarious. :)

The Irvine Jambo one was mental. I was totally suckered. I even donated to his charity - RIP Creag :sad:.

Bad things you have done, drunkest you've ever been and threads of that sort appeal to me the most.

davemclaren
The Irvine Jambo one was mental. I was totally suckered. I even donated to his charity - RIP Creag :sad:.

Bad things you have done, drunkest you've ever been and threads of that sort appeal to me the most.

I thought he existed but was a total nutter who exaggerated everything. Some of the stuff he claimed like retiring on a big pension at age 30 was legally impossible unless you are a jockey or similar. Luckily I never donated to his charity. ;)

I used to like the old farts drunken threads after midnight but they seem to have gone ( the old farts and the threads :cool: ).

I thought he existed but was a total nutter who exaggerated everything. Some of the stuff he claimed like retiring on a big pension at age 30 was legally impossible unless you are a jockey or similar. Luckily I never donated to his charity. ;)

I used to like the old farts drunken threads after midnight but they seem to have gone ( the old farts and the threads :cool: ).

I gave a tenner to the everyman appeal in memory of our lost friend Creag. :sad:

At least some charity benefitted.

chester copperpot

The whole Hobo chucking himself out of a plane for I.J's charity hit a particular funny chord on my funny bone.

Dirk Diggler
The whole Hobo chucking himself out of a plane for I.J's charity hit a particular funny chord on my funny bone.

I'm with you there.

I'm currently laughing out loud recalling the whole episode.

It still cracks me up.

Jimmy McNulty

How about that QoS thread on the terrace a couple of days back????

:)

ooooh, I'm naughty!!

I'm with you there.

I'm currently laughing out loud recalling the whole episode.

It still cracks me up.

To be fair, I also really liked the Hibs fans sig, I cannot remember exactly what it states but it was some reference to only jumping out of planes for real people!

To be fair, I also really liked the Hibs fans sig, I cannot remember exactly what it states but it was some reference to only jumping out of planes for real people!

Yeah, t'was a good response.

I was always fond of Dave Gillespie's (IIRC) use of smileys, but the 'shaking with rage' thread was awesome.

The Hibby parachute jumper was called Quagmire. I gave him a fiver or a tenner, I cant remember how much. Now he has his money he has never been seen.

I also spent hours making a video in memory of the tosser IJ. :cool:

The Hibby parachute jumper was called Quagmire. I gave him a fiver or a tenner, I cant remember how much. Now he has his money he has never been seen.

I also spent hours making a video in memory of the tosser IJ. :cool:

Ahahaha, "quagmire" (Rob) is actually a good mate of mine from back home. He did sponsored sky dive for charity in the name of IJ, to be honest it must have been atleast a year ago so I dont remember much more than that but I will ask him about it next time i speak to him.

Jimmy McNulty
QOS thread, totally ruined by 2 clowns!

:evilno:

I kinda missed the conclusion to that thread.... Was having a laugh at some of the memories dredged up.

The last post I read speculated that the fans violence dropped dramatically in the mid 1980s when we got good.

In retrospect, that is when I noticed that games weren't as mental as they had been in the few previous years (the years I started following Hearts as a 10 year old).

Archived