Todays goals from SSN

Daz1874

Guest GhostHunter

Thing I've noticed with Zaliukas - when he's guilty of something - he stays down delaying the inevitable...when he's innocent, he's up on his feet in the refs face (poetic licence).

For me, he caught the guy - so definitely a penalty - whether it's red or not ? A Hearts appeal will tell us..

Drylaw Hearts

I just remembered........

Darren Barr told the hospitality after the match that Zal admitted fouling the guy.

Fermit the Krog

If it'd been at the other end I'd have been disgusted if we never got a pen.

The referee then has to decide on the colour of the card.

It would be a waste of a grand appealing.

Darren Barr told the hospitality after the match that Zal admitted fouling the guy.

Oh well, that settles it. Ref was spot on.

maybe it's my old eyes but did his second take a (favourable) deflection ?

Yours in 'who really cares ?'

TW

Rudi was interviewed on radio Scotland and said it was 'lucky' meaning it took a deflection. :lol:

He was very modest. :thumbsup:

What a man. :thumbsup:

Oh well, that settles it. Ref was spot on.

Not really because it depends when he caught him. If it was after the ball was in Kello's arms then it can't be a pen unless Zal used vilient conduct.

Goals up on Goals on Sunday next. Might be debated.

If it'd been at the other end I'd have been disgusted if we never got a pen.

The referee then has to decide on the colour of the card.

It would be a waste of a grand appealing.

Just watched it again and he does catch the guy before Kello has the ball. So it is a pen and a red. Although I think the guy would have done very well to score as Kello had narrowed all the angles.

Under the guidelines it's a clear goal scoring opporunity however in reality it probably wasn't.

The question I have is how did we end up with an indirect free kick in the box? Was it a cop out from the ref now wanting to give a penalty?

The question I have is how did we end up with an indirect free kick in the box? Was it a cop out from the ref now wanting to give a penalty?

Pass back handled by keeper.

I dont think Zal touches him. Dive for me.

I agree, I think there was some contact, but the midden player fell down about 5 seconds after the fact. Hopefully the tv pictures pick up on that and Hearts appeal ,the red card.

Your welcome, I'll get the BBC ones up soon as they are available thumbsup.gif

thanks for the video daz cant wait for the BBC one cheers

Rudis first goal was the business hope he stays till his career is done hes an complete :star:

Problem Officer?

When was the last time a Hearts player scored a hatrick with all 3 strikes from outside the box.......

Skacel's last season - against St Mirren? :D

His third was on the 18 yard line, though IIRC :teehee:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

After watching the penalty incident again I think a penalty and red card was the right decision and that we'd be wasting our time and money appealing it. Just what I think though.

5 excellent goals. Thought there was a foul before Rudi's first but a cracking strike nonetheless. Great finish from Sutton and very well done from Blackie. Hopefully Sutton can gain some confidence from here and score some more goals for Hearts.

My observations:

Defo penalty - clearly catches McGowan. Not sure about the red card, but it was a silly challenge, which invited the judgement call.

No foul for Skacel's first. St Mirren player misjudged the bounce and Rudi simply stood his ground. Cracking strike.

Terrific performance.

alwaysthereinspirit

Amazing he's not our pen taker with that left foot.

This, points lost due to penalty misses could be huge.

I thought it was a clear penalty and red card at the time.

Zal's reaction does probably suggest that he was guilty.

From where I sit I ad a great view of the penalty incident.

In my eyes it was definitely a pen, and seen as he was last man; ref had no choice. If the shoe was on the other foot we would be complaining if he had stayed on the park.

From where I sit I ad a great view of the penalty incident.

In my eyes it was definitely a pen, and seen as he was last man; ref had no choice. If the shoe was on the other foot we would be complaining if he had stayed on the park.

there is no last man rule

The denying a clear scoring opportunity rule is rubbish imo....it should come down to a refs personal interpretation.

Was it a genuine attempt for the ball or a cynical challenge to deny the chance?

That`s what it should be based on imo, not an automatic red no matter what. Removing a player from the field for basically doing what you have to do in a match(try and tackle fairly, make an attempt to prevent a goal) ruins the game.....

If it`s in the box, is a penalty not enough punishment?

Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?

that's the rule. i think it needs a better viewing than the ssn highlights to decide if it was that.

From where I was sitting it certainly looked like that.

Regardless though, still a penalty, and I'd be looking for the player to be sent off if it was the other way around.

Alba gu Brath

Black's been a revelation since his suspension. Hope he can keep his head and keep up the good work.

And Skacel? Glorious stuff.

Stonewall penalty and sending off.

Their player was about to shoot until he was brought down.

Zal could maybe have just left it to Kello who was closing the angle down well.

The People's Chimp

I think Zal caught him, but for me it was never a red. It looks like a bit of a tangle, kello is out and the boy has made the most of it. We talk about consistency, but look at Stack in the last derby, whose foul was a million times more obvious, and where the foul inarguably denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Yet that was a yellow and Zal's a red. Or look at the penalty in the Talbot game. Again it looks like we're coming off second best where decisions like this are concerned.

What was clear yesterday was that the ref couldn't wait to send him off.

Thunderstruck

To me, the mechanics look wrong - the player's momentum should have landed him on top of Kello if Zal had caught him unawares andcupset his balance. Instead of this he goes to his left while the ball nestles in Kell's grasp. This point to him slowing suddenly, waiting until he feels contact and launching himself but being careful to avoid getting clattered by the Keeper.

So, it is what is classed as "clever" play unless your name is Miko.

Archived