Go Go Bars

kawasakijambo

kawasakijambo

Right chaps, are there still any GoGo bars in Edinburgh.

Back in the day westport was fave. Western, burke and Hare and the blue blazer.

Andy

Guest C00l K1d

Andy

There's still the 3 up Westport.

Used to see the birds going in when i was working but they looked absolutely manky.

Andy

I knew one of the girls who worked there cant remember her name, my mate was going out with her at the time. That was about 17 years ago though.

I knew one of the girls who worked there cant remember her name, my mate was going out with her at the time. That was about 17 years ago though.

Remember it now her name was Louise :thumbsup:

EDIT: never knew what my mate saw in her she was a bit of a munter :lol:

We went to the bonnington bridge back in the day , I mind some old dog stuck her tit in my mates pint and shook it all about , it scarred me that did.

south morocco

What the **** is a go go bar?

strippers ,but only maybe at the weekend, in normal pubs ,not up the town !! i am old

strippers ,but only maybe at the weekend, in normal pubs ,not up the town !! i am old

Ah.

Bottoms up, then head up stairs to the sauna

Mind and rap up though, have heard Ratboy is a regular

south morocco

Ah.

Bottoms up, then head up stairs to the sauna

Mind and rap up though, have heard Ratboy is a regular

na just a stripper in a pub,thats it

Difference between a go go and a stripper go go took top off stripper took the lot off

And in the right bars the go go's turned into strippers after midnight.

Andy

To the best of my knowledge, the Blue Blazer was never a go-go bar. If you're going back way into the dim & distant (35 years ago, at the very least), then maybe, but I'd be surprised.

Ribery's Face

I was in the western a few weeks back full of utter slags.

Spent about a ton :facepalm:

Fantastic. :thumbsup:

Goldstone Wonder
1326493536[/url]' post='2653114']

To the best of my knowledge, the Blue Blazer was never a go-go bar. If you're going back way into the dim & distant (35 years ago, at the very least), then maybe, but I'd be surprised.

I'm with you on this. I can go back to the mid-80s and it was never a go-go bar. However there was a pub down the bottom of the High Street called the Blue Blanket (I think). I went to a stag there once and I'm sure there were strippers, albeit it was a long time ago.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I used to work behind the bar in The Western circa 1990

The guy that owned it (still owns it) was tight as drum and wouldn't pay decent money for the girls so subsequently he used to get the dog rough ones mostly.

Nobles in Leith used to have dancers in the eighties as did Dizzy Lizzies on Iona Street (now Tourmalet)

special agent oso

I used to work behind the bar in The Western circa 1990

The guy that owned it (still owns it) was tight as drum and wouldn't pay decent money for the girls so subsequently he used to get the dog rough ones mostly.

Nobles in Leith used to have dancers in the eighties as did

Dizzy Lizzies on Iona Street (now Tourmalet)

I remember going to Nobles on a Sunday afternoon after my shift in Crawfords, the girls in there were very rough

Remember it now her name was Louise :thumbsup:

Was her surname McGarvey........whistling.gif who plies her trade as a 'bobby moore' in Paisley.woot.gif

EDIT: never knew what my mate saw in her she was a bit of a munter :lol:

My mates facebook status about a month ago said his flatmate had popped out for milk and a paper 3 hours previously, and had decided to go to The Western on his own, at 2pm on a Sunday!

I remember growing up The Burgh Bar in Musselburgh used to have go go dancers advertised. They must have been brutal.

Fanatsy Palace is by far the best place to go in Edinburgh, if that's what your into. So I've heard :whistling:

Anyone else remember Ton's Cellar Bar? Cracking Go-Go's in there back in the day :thumbsup:

Tony's EuroDisco up at Bristo Square. It's now Negociants. There was an old Tartan Special advert filmed there. The dancer came on and the main character stayed at th ebar to get served - watching in the overhead mirror. Barmaid gives a wink and says "oh you crafty devil!"

Dunno if anyone remembers Tony's or the add?

I miss Tipplers

Was Tipplers just along from the pubic triangle towards Bread St? There used to be a pub that had 'converted' a wee room upstairs into a lappy d area. Had the private dance booth behind a sheet tacked to the wall :lol:

Good times.

Was Tipplers just along from the pubic triangle towards Bread St? There used to be a pub that had 'converted' a wee room upstairs into a lappy d area. Had the private dance booth behind a sheet tacked to the wall :lol:

Good times.

Correct. My mate worked behind the bar for a while.

One weekend, a group of Welsh egg-chasing fans were in on a Five Nations weekend. Bird was on the window sill doing her thing. Suddenly she swooped down and grabbed one of the welsh guy's specs. Without going into detail, she then used them as a plectrum, of sorts. Classy.

Fanatsy Palace is by far the best place to go in Edinburgh, if that's what your into. So I've heard :whistling:

This.

I only tend to go during Stag Do's, the last one being my brothers about a year and a half ago, and the girls in there were head and shoulders above anything I've seen at the pubic triangle/Lothian Rd.

They're a bloody pain in the arse though if you are the best man! They just harass you all night to try and get an overpriced two girl show up and running....

We took my cousin to the triangle for his 40th and this dancer was hassling us for a dance, she was wanting too much so we knocked her back. anyway she then gets up on stage and had a ton of piercings "down stairs", so much so in a rather loud whisper I said she looked like Sammy Burns' yard.

Not my thing.

Just thinking that that was 7 years ago, hope she hasn't rusted.

Tony's EuroDisco up at Bristo Square. It's now Negociants. There was an old Tartan Special advert filmed there. The dancer came on and the main character stayed at th ebar to get served - watching in the overhead mirror. Barmaid gives a wink and says "oh you crafty devil!"

Dunno if anyone remembers Tony's or the add?

Remember them both g2 the full advert at the pictures was better on a side note when i was about 14/15 all the guys on the colinton mains bus used to got to tonys after the away games.

The White Cockade

Remember them both g2 the full advert at the pictures was better on a side note when i was about 14/15 all the guys on the colinton mains bus used to got to tonys after the away games.

Remember Tony's and the place at the top of Cockburn Street

We went from work one lunchtime and the go go grabbed the bosses tie and "used it" as part of her performance

the phrase "kipper tie" was used for many weeks after that

• 8 months later...

As a young lad the strippers in Jess's bar at the bottom of Westport were pretty terrifying.

Tazio was Jess's the pub along from the Lord Darnley at the foot of West Port where the Sainsbury's local is now? Can remember the pub but not the name.

Jess's Bar is now The Grassmarket Bar half way down West Port.

Remember Go-go's at Doolittles on Nicolson Street - even remember them in the Green Tree at lunch-time on match days.

Jess's Bar is now The Grassmarket Bar half way down West Port.

Remember Go-go's at Doolittles on Nicolson Street - even remember them in the Green Tree at lunch-time on match days.

Actually it was the pub on Lady Lawson St I meant. Doh!

What was it called? Small rectangular building with two or three steps up to it at one end, and another door at the side. Just down from the Tap o Lauriston.

Anyone remember it?

Archived