Australian Open

AWM

Probably number 2. After Murray they are shit!

::troll:::'>

I had a 35 min lesson the other day.. I might be Number 2 in the UK now.. Defo top 10. :whistling:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Just seen the burd who won the bursd final saying she went on the piss all night afterwards and had four hours sleep. That's because bursd tennis is shan and a piece of piss love

The Real Maroonblood

The main reason women should get less is because the standard is much lower. Nothing to do with game time.

E.g - how far down the GB mens list would you have to go before one lost even a set against Sharapova?

I would lie down for Maria.

:lol:

I P Knightley

The main reason women should get less is because the standard is much lower. Nothing to do with game time.

E.g - how far down the GB mens list would you have to go before one lost even a set against Sharapova?

There was some kind of exhibition/challenge done to put this to the test. I really don't remember the details but it was something embarrassing like a top 10 bursds getting trounced something rotten by a world top 300 bloke. Effectively, James Ward could win all 4 women's grand slams if he tucked it between his legs and put on a frock.

Tennis.com

Nadal, Djokovic enjoy suffering through final

After his 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7 (5), 7-5 victory over Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final in a record-setting five hours and 53 minutes, Novak Djokovic agrees with the Spaniard that it?s possible to enjoy suffering on court.

"That's nice be there fighting, trying to go to the limit, bring your body to the limit of his chances," Nadal said. "Something I really enjoy, and I always enjoy suffering, no? So when you are fit, with passion for the game, when you are ready to compete, you are able to suffer and enjoy suffering. So today I had this feeling, and is a really good one. I suffered during the match, but I enjoyed all the troubles that I had during all the match. I tried to be there, to find solutions all the time. I played a lot with my heart. I played a lot with my mind, and is something that is nice to be around and not just play tennis."

Djokovic added: "You are in pain, you suffer, you know that you're trying to activate your legs, you're trying to push yourself another point, just one more point, one more game. You're going through so much suffering your toes are bleeding. Everything is just outrageous, but you're still enjoying that pain."

I P Knightley

To win the tournament & earn $2,300,000 (Aus), Djokovic was on court for a minute over 21 hours.

To win the tournament & 'earn' $2,300,000 (Aus), the 'equivalent' woman was on court for 10 hours & 24 minutes. Not even half.

Fraud

To win the tournament & earn $2,300,000 (Aus), Djokovic was on court for a minute over 21 hours.

To win the tournament & 'earn' $2,300,000 (Aus), the 'equivalent' woman was on court for 10 hours & 24 minutes. Not even half.

Fraud

ANd I think the first set of the men's final lasted longer than the whole of the women's final.

Fraud

The debate about prize money needs opening up.

I really cringe for the people who supported parity.

I P Knightley

The debate about prize money needs opening up.

I really cringe for the people who supported parity.

I fear it's a bit of a sacred cow. You're not going to get any of the lesbians shouting for it and anyone with any sense who raises the issue publicly (McEnroe or Becker, for instance) will be put down with a 'hush you, you cheeky scamp' or, worse, be chastised as a chauvinist.

One defence that I know women tennis players would put forward is that between tournaments, they put in as many hours in training as the blokes do and those hours ought to be considered in the remuneration.

Doesn't wash with me, though. Djokovic, Nadal, Federer & Murray provided twice as much entertainment hours as their female counterparts; whether their matches were twice as entertaining is in the eye of the beholder. More people bought tickets to see the men than paid to see the women. It's the same on the tour when there are separate, men-only or women-only, events. The women's games look like the Hibs end at a cup game.There's no way they should be on the same money.

The only way this could get me more hot under the collar was if Piers Morgan benefited in any way from women's tennis.

I fear it's a bit of a sacred cow. You're not going to get any of the lesbians shouting for it and anyone with any sense who raises the issue publicly (McEnroe or Becker, for instance) will be put down with a 'hush you, you cheeky scamp' or, worse, be chastised as a chauvinist.

One defence that I know women tennis players would put forward is that between tournaments, they put in as many hours in training as the blokes do and those hours ought to be considered in the remuneration.

Doesn't wash with me, though. Djokovic, Nadal, Federer & Murray provided twice as much entertainment hours as their female counterparts; whether their matches were twice as entertaining is in the eye of the beholder. More people bought tickets to see the men than paid to see the women. It's the same on the tour when there are separate, men-only or women-only, events. The women's games look like the Hibs end at a cup game.There's no way they should be on the same money.

The only way this could get me more hot under the collar was if Piers Morgan benefited in any way from women's tennis.

We could go completely 'open' and have a mixed tournament.

McEnroe would come out of retirement, Becker too, but play blind folded and Djokovic cut his right arm off to give them a chance.

Djokovic is getting close to Rod Laver as the greatest of all time.

Oh and Messi is better than Pele.

Interesting point, if there was a Men's Tennis top ten, who would you have in it ??

Certainties would be: Novak, Rafa, Federer, Sampras, Bjorg and Laver (In my opinion)

Who would get the other 6 places ? Take your pic from McEnroe, Connors, Rosewell, Agassi, Wilander, Budge plus many others.

Carl Spackler

I'm pretty sure they brought the whole issue of Woman winning the same as Men being unfair on an episode of QI once. By Stephen Fry of all people. I don't think the discussion of it is sacred.Anyway, tremendous tennis from Nadal and Djokovic. Murray too come to that. You know you are going to get great matches in the Majors these days. I never used to bother too much with it other than one eye on Wimbledon but always look out for the big tournaments now.

I P Knightley

Interesting point, if there was a Men's Tennis top ten, who would you have in it ??

Certainties would be: Novak, Rafa, Federer, Sampras, Bjorg and Laver (In my opinion)

Who would get the other 6 places ? Take your pic from McEnroe, Connors, Rosewell, Agassi, Wilander, Budge plus many others.

No Henman? ;)

Federer

Sampras

Rafa

Connors

Laver

Agassi

Borg

Djoko (and climbing)

McEnroe

Lendl

After 1 & 2, you can chop that running order around in any way you see fit. Djokovic will edge nearer the top over the next couple of years. Laver's in on his achievements but I wasn't around to follow tennis and have an inkling that the start of the professional era saw most players coast in to get money while it didn't take a huge amount of effort and determination to excel.

Archived