Support the protest 12th April

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Against the dangerous cult of $cientology. Protests arranged for all around the world tomorrow (saturday).

Edinburgh, South Bridge/Hunter Square from 11.30am

The truth about this cult which is guilty of everything from harrasment to extortion to murder see http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Find out the truth about this dangerous cult at http://www.xenu.net/

Walter Payton

I agree that Scientology is potentially very dangerous, but what is the protest trying to acheive? Is it just to increase peoples' awareness of the truths behind Scientology or do they actually think they can acheive something like getting the powers that be to ban it? The first might be acheivable but the second's never going to happen IMO.

Is it compulsory to wear 1 dreadlock,look unwashed,wear a big wooly jumper thats got holes in it,combat trousers and baseball boots?

If not im a non-starter as id want to look like everyone else:confused:

Professor.Arturo
I agree that Scientology is potentially very dangerous, but what is the protest trying to acheive? Is it just to increase peoples' awareness of the truths behind Scientology or do they actually think they can acheive something like getting the powers that be to ban it? The first might be acheivable but the second's never going to happen IMO.

Its already happening in Germany, a motion is going through their parliament to officially class scientology as a cult and have it banned, like any other dangerous cult

Professor.Arturo
Is it compulsory to wear 1 dreadlock,look unwashed,wear a big wooly jumper thats got holes in it,combat trousers and baseball boots?

If not im a non-starter as id want to look like everyone else:confused:

Dont worry, I have none of the above, so you wont feel out of place :)

Checked that site out...what a pile kak:confused:

American drivel,the nights must fly in at the hooses of those that even want to join or those who even want to give up anytime to protest about such p1sh.:eek:

Better things in life to get on with,now wheres that lawnmower:rolleyes:

I wason a bus that passed a demo outside the Scientology place on South Bridge about a month ago.

The bus driver peeped his appreciation of the demonstrators and there was much rejoicing by them.

Good humoured but deadly serious protest.

Well done.

alwaysthereinspirit
Its already happening in Germany, a motion is going through their parliament to officially class scientology as a cult and have it banned, like any other dangerous cult

Are all cults dangerous?

The sex and drug ones seem pretty cool.:P

Who gives a feck, there hardly likely to brainwash the majority of the population and take over the world are they?

If you're serious about dangerous cults, why don't you protest against the spread of Islam throughout Western Europe. That poses a far greater threat to our national safety than scientology ever could.

MackaysCentreSpot
Against the dangerous cult of $cientology. Protests arranged for all around the world tomorrow (saturday).

The truth about this cult which is guilty of everything from harrasment to extortion to murder see http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Do you know anyone who is involved in scientology?

I do. I know someone heavily involved in scientology in Edinburgh and I can assure you at no time have they ever tried to put their beliefs onto me or try and get me involved in their group or tried to brain wash me.

I have discussed with them what scientology is about and what its beliefs are etc and debated the subject with them.

The protesters are just more no gooders trying to tell people what they can and can not believe in. It is the protesters who are trying to force their beliefs on others not the other way round.

i'm not in favour of scientology but i'd say each to their own.

are mass organised protests not just going to raise their profile?

i don't think "banning" scientology would work either. unless things have changed they don't even front themselves as Scientology in the UK do they? the name above their door on south bridge was always of the Hubbard Academy. ban a name and a new one can re-appear, only it would maybe be more underground in which case it wouldn't be a good thing.

H J Simpson

Is it any different than following Islam or catholisism or christianity. They are all following certain beliefs.

All hail Tom Cruise!!:P

coppercrutch
Is it any different than following Islam or catholisism or christianity. They are all following certain beliefs.

Strange beliefs only cease to be a cult when they reach a certain size.

They then become a religion.

H J Simpson
Strange beliefs only cease to be a cult when they reach a certain size.

They then become a religion.

100% spot on sir. Couldn't agree more (unless you had added that Robbie Neilson was crap!!).

coppercrutch
100% spot on sir. Couldn't agree more (unless you had added that Robbie Neilson was crap!!).

That would just be a waste of time....:)

ToadKiller Dog

I was in london during and after the july 4th bombs ,i did not like the way that scientologists were crawling all over the place with what seemed to me a recruitment campaign , All religions play on peoples fears i wouldnt ban them ,pushing them underground makes them more powerfull ,Sensible argument and reason is a better way.

If they are commiting criminal acts use the law against them.

A religion allows you to make up your own mind.

You can leave at any time. In any religion you must investigate what is on offer.

With a cult you are pressurised into staying. I have come across Jehovahs Witnesses and Moonies who have suffered such pressure and heard of Scientology also making life hard to leave them. There is an element of brainwashing in a cult which religion does not have.

What are the numbers of this said cult?

Cant say I am bothered what so ever; just some are more popular and publicly acceptable nowadays.

I boycott all 'religions' as this is how they all started out!

Lochend Brazil

I was up the south/bridge about a month ago and there had been a protest outside the Hubbard academy of excellence(I think). It was rather funny watching the protesters jump about with their alien masks on etc.

John Travolta had been cured of his gayness via dianetics and that he is one of the main faces over in Germany for their odd club.

A religion allows you to make up your own mind.

You can leave at any time. In any religion you must investigate what is on offer.

With a cult you are pressurised into staying. I have come across Jehovahs Witnesses and Moonies who have suffered such pressure and heard of Scientology also making life hard to leave them. There is an element of brainwashing in a cult which religion does not have.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

:boak:

These protests are just for people to get together and sing Rick Astley songs.

Having been to Rippin' Records to pick up tickets earlier today, i can confirm that this particular protest was all about students standing around in 'V for Vendetta' mask's.

Right on.

davemclaren
Having been to Rippin' Records to pick up tickets earlier today, i can confirm that this particular protest was all about students standing around in 'V for Vendetta' mask's.

Right on.

You felt at home then? ;)

I find all religions daft, however Scientology, along with Mormonism, is a class above in terms of being completely bonkers. You have to be a complete idiot to buy in to any of their lies.

Jambojohnnyboy

If folks stopped going to Tom Cruise movies would scientology funding cease?

If so easy solution, they're all pretty ****e these days anyways!

Seemed to be a small bunch of 13-16 year olds standing about with banners and masks. Still, credit to them....not the nicest day for a protest.

Archived