Tonight's Game

Jamdub

:brucey:

Bellamy with 2 superb goals and then Gerrard with a sublime finish.

An essential victory today for LiverpooL.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

I didn't place any bets this weekend, but if I did they were going to be 3-1 Liverpool and 1-0 Hearts.

Half way there...

On a different note, Southampton went all of 2011 unbeaten at home.

Until tonight, where they lost 1-0 to Bristol City.

Jezza, it's Skrtel. He and Agger are immense.

His clearance today was immense.

However, Gerrard and his sumptious finish for 3-1... good stuff.

Libertonian_II

Will Reina ever have such an easy game?

The barcodes were awful.

Another thing from the game was just how quickly Downing went to ground whenever there was the remotest contact :yucky:

Much better from the Reds - ironically it took Newcastle taking the lead for something to finally snap and get them back to their old selves. Bellamy, Stevie and Skrtel were my main top three. Henderson looking better too. Carroll seemed far too stagnant. This was summed up by Enrique screaming at him for not running to meet his cross instead of standing there waiting for it.

The battle for 4th is going to be really close, its a tough one to call, but i really hope Kenny pushes them over the line. AVB and co are there for the taking :jjyay:

Why do sky continue to try to big up Carroll,the guy is out of his depth. I genuinely cringed when sky were trying to give Carroll credit for bellemys Goal,if anything it was simpsons fault.

Is it just me or, is this pretty poor stuff?

Not just you,Colin.

I just wish one commentator or pundit would have the balls to stand up and say A Carroll is a half decent player....but only that.Don't give me this confidence malarky,the guy nowhwere near the kind of player that everyone thinks he is.Gerrard,on the other hand,is special.....great player.

Why do sky continue to try to big up Carroll,the guy is out of his depth. I genuinely cringed when sky were trying to give Carroll credit for bellemys Goal,if anything it was simpsons fault.

No idea....but he helped...

The Old Tolbooth

John, thought you would know better as soon as Stevie G came on :D

I really should have mate, you can't knock quality! :thumbsup:

Looking at the table, they are right in the CL mix. Must be so frustrating as a Liverpool fan as they have dropped so many silly points this season. Suppose you could say the same about Chelsea though - they are guilty of exactly the same thing.

How did Carroll play? Only seen a wee bit on Sky Sports News and his touch was ******* awful after being put in pretty much straight on goal.

I had a fiver on Ba first goal and Liverpool 3-1 at 140/1. Gutted.

That is a complete, complete shanner. unlucky.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish:

"The boys showed great courage and commitment to come back. They got themselves back into it quickly, and after the free-kick, the goal-line clearance by Martin Skrtel was important. We thoroughly deserve the victory but I think that game was the least chances we have created at Anfield and we score three goals. Steven Gerrard is a hugely important player, everyone has admiration and appreciation for what he has done for the club, and he has a wee bit more mileage in him yet."

Looking at the table, they are right in the CL mix. Must be so frustrating as a Liverpool fan as they have dropped so many silly points this season. Suppose you could say the same about Chelsea though - they are guilty of exactly the same thing.

How did Carroll play? Only seen a wee bit on Sky Sports News and his touch was ******* awful after being put in pretty much straight on goal.

If you chuck in the 20 times of hitting the woodwork this season or something which is a record...Liverpool would be well within the mix.

Obviously, there was massive pressure, he did well and helped in the Bellamy 2nd goal.

If you chuck in the 20 times of hitting the woodwork this season or something which is a record...Liverpool would be well within the mix.

Obviously, there was massive pressure, he did well and helped in the Bellamy 2nd goal.

If's and but's though, Harold. The teams that have their name engraved on the trophies don't worry about that - they play through it and score in the 90th minute.

If's and but's though, Harold. The teams that have their name engraved on the trophies don't worry about that - they play through it and score in the 90th minute.

Indeed, and it's goals that win points and prizes.

Liverpool have played a style of football which has been pleasing on the eye this season. The squad is improved, however are still lacking a couple of top quality additions.

As Gigalo-Aunt says, all ifs and buts, however the amount of excellent chances that have been missed or hit woodwork this season, have been ridiculous.

Suarez has been a revelation, although he needs to finish with a little more composure. The return of Gerrard will lay chances on a plate for Carroll (which he has been missing out on this season). Yeah, he should have scored tonight, but he had one of his better games for a while. I think he will come good if Liverpool play to his strengths.

Downing needs to start performing.

Yet another season of transition for Liverpool, but things will settle with the new owners and they seem to have money to spend.

CavySlaveJambo

Next 3 games for Liverpool are:

Man City (A) League

Oldham (H) FA Cup

Man City (H) League Cup

Need to win those. More hope against the Manchester blue half than belief but there is a big difference between Hogmanay 2011 than Hogmanay 2010

Was at the game last night as my girlfriend is die-hard Toon fan. One thing that struck me was the lack of singing from the Liverpool fans. The Newcastle fans hardly stopped all night even at 3 1 down but it was like a morgue in the rest of the ground. Just goes to show even at one of the most passionate supports in the country sit on their hands at home games.

Archived