What Hearts should do between now and August

mellors1874

mellors1874

If next season is to be a succesfull one for all concerned at Hearts the following should occur:

Before the end of this season appoint a new manager as this will give him enough time to bring in his own players, not like previous transfer windows where we only sign players on the last day.

Release the following players from the current squad:

Basso, Karapidas, Goncalves, Mccann, Stewart, Ziggy and The other two lithuanians who came in this season, nade and mole.

Make Banks full time gk coach and bring back mcdonald from Qos + sign new goalkeeper.

Sign experienced centre half to play alongside berra this will help him learn more quickly plus two new fullbacks to challange wallace and nielson

Sign a left winger with pace and attacking midfielder who cangets us goals like hartley did

3 new strikers should be signed one with pace and a good eye for goal and a target man to hold the ball up and a penalty box poacher as we lack that badley at the moment.

Hearts squad for next season should have no more than 22 players as this then reduces the wage bill something like this

gk - Mcdonald, New signing

df - Neilson, new signing, wallace, new signing, berra, new signing, new signing, and mcgowan

mf - Miko, chesney, kingston, new signing, bruno, palazuelos, driver, new signing

fw - New signing + 3 , elliot

just my opinion on this give some thoughts pls

thanks

Calum can jog on, I want him to do well but he's been given a fair crack already. Others haven't been given the chance he's had, Pospisil, Makela, Beni

mellors, i was about to agree until i saw the bit where elliot is allowed to stay at the club, off to the doctors for you

mellors1874
mellors, i was about to agree until i saw the bit where elliot is allowed to stay at the club, off to the doctors for you

i think back to when elliot played up front with jannie and bedner under rix and scored a few goals so he can do it if he plays with the right partner and no the guy on you tube before anyone says that

plus who else can give the pat on the backside the players need

I'd be reluctant to ship out Nade, Karapidis and Jose until i've seen what a manager can do with them. They've all got a bit of talent that might be utilised in a normal football club.

If next season is to be a succesfull one for all concerned at Hearts the following should occur:

Before the end of this season appoint a new manager as this will give him enough time to bring in his own players, not like previous transfer windows where we only sign players on the last day.

Basso, Karapidas, Goncalves, Mccann, Stewart, Ziggy and The other two lithuanians who came in this season, nade and mole.

Make Banks full time gk coach and bring back mcdonald from Qos + sign new goalkeeper.

Sign experienced centre half to play alongside berra this will help him learn more quickly plus two new fullbacks to challange wallace and nielson

Sign a left winger with pace and attacking midfielder who cangets us goals like hartley did

3 new strikers should be signed one with pace and a good eye for goal and a target man to hold the ball up and a penalty box poacher as we lack that badley at the moment.

Hearts squad for next season should have no more than 22 players as this then reduces the wage bill something like this

df - Neilson, new signing, wallace, new signing, berra, new signing, new signing, and mcgowan

mf - Miko, chesney, kingston, new signing, bruno, palazuelos, driver, new signing

thanks

Neilson??????:eek:

john brownlee

Invest in a experience spine

Goalkepper

centre half

centre midfield

striker

and Berti

Between now and August Hearts should leave me alone please.

Unless its time for me to "make my mark!"

ScottishSandstorm

People simply have no idea. Sign almost an entirely new team that is capable of challenging the OF... That is brilliant. It is not like we are in debt or anything. Bring MacDonald back and have him be our #1. That could end poorly. Cutting Karipidis when he has a year on his contract and is in red hot form. I'm sorry but I think a lot of our "solutions" are way to destructive. How about we get a manager and let him deal with it. I just hope Vlad can follow through on getting us this manager.

Cut The Crap

Between now and August they should hang their heads in shame - every last one of them.

thanks

Personally I think we should be offloading the 'high earners' from the team and building again.

I'd like to see us get rid of Kingston, Pinilla, Bednar, Goncalves, Makela, Beslija, Tall and Agiuar. That should generate a good bit of cash for the new manager to invest in 'his' new team.

I know Kingston is lauded by the gorgie faithful but I think we've seen the best of him and he is injury prone as well.

I'd turn Banksey into GK coach, keep Basso as in the past couple of games he has looked good and bring back Mcdonald to challenge for the No 1 spot.

In defence i'd keep Robbie, but bring in a new guy to challenge for his place either from youth or bought in. The CB pairing of Karipidis and Berra has looked good but i'm not convinced of big Zal as backup, however we have promising youth team players in this position who should make the step up. The left back slot is Wallace's for my money and we need to find backup for him so either look to youth or preferably bring in a good signing to challenge for the position.

In Midfield Miko has started to pick up some form but he needs to maintain it, Chesney has been very poor... i'd let him go. In CM Stewart, Jonsson and Ruben have shown us that at times they can be good but overall they have suffered from stuttering form. I'd bring in a new dynamic, attacking midfield player in the mould of Paul Hartley to help us push forward at pace. The left wing is reserved for young Andy Driver who under a top coach will get better and better and turn out to be our most prized asset/player... shame he ain't Scottish. We do need backup for him however... Screpis? Not sure.

Up front ... where do we start??!!! WE NEED STRIKERS!!!!!! I'd tell Elliot and Mole that at best next season they are reserve team players... if they don't like it they can go... they'll both have to work very hard to get back into the first team. We need pace up front to play off Nade, who i'd keep if only to see if we can get the lard arse fit enough long enough to prove the doubters wrong! I'd like us to sign someone Gow from rangers who has pace and knows where the goal is. Another player i'd happily take is Riordan (I know he's an arse... but he can score goals) or possibly Killen who must be wantin a game by now after sittin in the tic reserves all season.

Basically I think we need a new manager (Mchgee) a dynamic midfielder (Flood) and three strikers (Gow, Riordan and Killen) which would instantly give us a greater attacking threat and much needed goals.

There are other players we could sign but I honestly think that would be enough to change our fortunes... or to make a start!:)

funktasticlad

Appoint a manager that isnt frail or some eastern european non english speaking diddy and let him get on with sorting out the players, coaching, scouting, potential signings side of the club. On The business side get the new stand secured, improve financial status and FFS get romanov a copy oh Football manager 08 and tell him to let the new guy get on with it.

kissthebadge
Appoint a manager that isnt frail or some eastern european non english speaking diddy and let him get on with sorting out the players, coaching, scouting, potential signings side of the club. On The business side get the new stand secured, improve financial status and FFS get romanov a copy oh Football manager 08 and tell him to let the new guy get on with it.

You mean someone like GreyHam Reeks :sad:

maroonlegions

i know what they can do , sit down and wright a apology letter to every season ticket holder and a check for most of our season ticket money back.;):rolleyes:

funktasticlad
You mean someone like GreyHam Reeks :sad:

Okay i'll refrase someone who doesnt beast under agers and has a decent track record in top flight football

Happy now?

kissthebadge
Okay i'll refrase someone who doesnt beast under agers and has a decent track record in top flight football

Happy now?

:fing10:

Personally I think we should be offloading the 'high earners' from the team and building again.

I'd like to see us get rid of Kingston, Pinilla, Bednar, Goncalves, Makela, Beslija, Tall and Agiuar. That should generate a good bit of cash for the new manager to invest in 'his' new team.

I know Kingston is lauded by the gorgie faithful but I think we've seen the best of him and he is injury prone as well.

I'd turn Banksey into GK coach, keep Basso as in the past couple of games he has looked good and bring back Mcdonald to challenge for the No 1 spot.

In defence i'd keep Robbie, but bring in a new guy to challenge for his place either from youth or bought in. The CB pairing of Karipidis and Berra has looked good but i'm not convinced of big Zal as backup, however we have promising youth team players in this position who should make the step up. The left back slot is Wallace's for my money and we need to find backup for him so either look to youth or preferably bring in a good signing to challenge for the position.

In Midfield Miko has started to pick up some form but he needs to maintain it, Chesney has been very poor... i'd let him go. In CM Stewart, Jonsson and Ruben have shown us that at times they can be good but overall they have suffered from stuttering form. I'd bring in a new dynamic, attacking midfield player in the mould of Paul Hartley to help us push forward at pace. The left wing is reserved for young Andy Driver who under a top coach will get better and better and turn out to be our most prized asset/player... shame he ain't Scottish. We do need backup for him however... Screpis? Not sure.

Up front ... where do we start??!!! WE NEED STRIKERS!!!!!! I'd tell Elliot and Mole that at best next season they are reserve team players... if they don't like it they can go... they'll both have to work very hard to get back into the first team. We need pace up front to play off Nade, who i'd keep if only to see if we can get the lard arse fit enough long enough to prove the doubters wrong! I'd like us to sign someone Gow from rangers who has pace and knows where the goal is. Another player i'd happily take is Riordan (I know he's an arse... but he can score goals) or possibly Killen who must be wantin a game by now after sittin in the tic reserves all season.

Basically I think we need a new manager (Mchgee) a dynamic midfielder (Flood) and three strikers (Gow, Riordan and Killen) which would instantly give us a greater attacking threat and much needed goals.

There are other players we could sign but I honestly think that would be enough to change our fortunes... or to make a start!:)

When I got to the "I'd keep Robbie" bit I stopped reading!

i know what they can do , sit down and wright a apology letter to every season ticket holder and a check for most of our season ticket money back.;):rolleyes:

I am in full agreement with this one ,However I would prefer them to write to me.

;)

maroonlegions
I am in full agreement with this one ,However I would prefer them to write to me.

;)

true , mind you do they know their right from left.:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
.....and Berti

Your obsession with Berti Vogts is just weird.

Anyway...........

If they do exactly the opposite of what ever Mad Eddie arranged last Pre-Season we should be a cert for Silverware.

I think it has been well documented what we need at the club....

Instead of saying we need 3 strikers, 4 centre halfs etc this would be a better thread if people put suggestions with names i.e. Ross McCormack etc

Archived