"Does anyone know when was the last time we beat them at ER"?

Craigieboy

Any chance you might get rat-arsed on 1-1-12 and miss the game ?

Please :thumbsup:

There is probably a decent chance of this happening!! :thumbsup:

Nearly missed this years New Year game as I was reekin in Glasgow!

Tosh.

Unless we've gone into most derbies thinking we'd get horsed over the years.

Success breeds success and we're the most successful local derby winning side in the country, we have every reason to be confident and we absolutely should be confident.

Think back to the 2nd of April 2006, many people, hobos included, will tell you that we had that game won before a ball had been kicked. I recall walking to the match smoking a fat cigar before the game, much to the chagrin of several passing hubz coaches! :lol:

They wish they had our swagger, but they'll never earn the right.

Arrogance is wonderful as long as you can back it, and I think we've backed it up. So three to the Hearts it is, easy.

Bring it hibs losers, come and get another Jambo humiliation.

I agree with most of what you say,apart from the local derby stuff.. Pretty sure dundee utd have a better record in their derby than we do. And rangers against queens is the most one sided derby in scotland,though queens havent been much of a team for about 100 yrs

berrathanhibs

we have a mental hold over them so we should feel confident going into this game, hibs are rank rotten at best

I'm both arrogant and confident in the lead up to derby games. And given our record, why shouldn't I be?

0,,10289~3474196,00.jpg

Robbo%20Scores%20Against%20Hibs%20Again!.jpg

article-0-0304DCB4000005DC-45_468x308.jpg

happy.jpg

MacDonald Jardine

I'm both arrogant and confident in the lead up to derby games. And given our record, why shouldn't I be?

0,,10289~3474196,00.jpg

Robbo%20Scores%20Against%20Hibs%20Again!.jpg

article-0-0304DCB4000005DC-45_468x308.jpg

happy.jpg

Because it's often when we feel so confident that things go wrong.

I've only seen us win once at Easter Road, that was 15 years ago vs Dundee. I'm going on the 2nd. Sorry.

Over-confidence and the favourites tag doesn't sit comfortably with me at all. Mind you, I felt like that before the semi-final and we all know how that turned out!

Honestly, where do people get this shit that a general feeling of confidence from a support before a football match will affect it's outcome?

Is the fan's confidence going to be picked at right back, aye?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Honestly, where do people get this shit that a general feeling of confidence from a support before a football match will affect it's outcome?

Is the fan's confidence going to be picked at right back, aye?

In the same way that I wear a lucky pair of boxer shorts before a game, it's completely irrational. Would I change the boxer shorts though? No.

In the same way that I wear a lucky pair of boxer shorts before a game, it's completely irrational. Would I change the boxer shorts though? No.

:facepalm:

Man U boxers. Nap.

mahgrassyshoes

Looks like, one way or another, a lot of people are going to have their streaks broken on 02/01/2012!

I'm (not so) quietly confident of a Hearts victory.

As an above poster said, very nervous and unconfident at the famous semi in 2006, we won 4-0, they had a better team then (having said that, so did we) Actually, unconfident was probably the wrong word...wary would've been a better choice but anyway, the game on the 2nd won't be as easy as some folk think, they'll come out and attack from the start, we can't let them in, we should dictate the play, can't help feeling that i'd have been more up for the game if our players had been paid, you do wonder if they could turn round and say "furkthis, i'm no wantin an injury incase it stops me from getting away from here in January! If they were paid i'd be very confident we'd get all 3 points.

The sheer arrogance shown at the start of the thread is unnerving me.

Like some have said, im confident the boys will be up for this and get tore in like we always do but do you really think predicting 3-0 is a good idea?

The reason we always horse them is that we never take anything for granted and never ever let beating that disgusting shower become mundane!

They, on the other hand always seem to think that its their turn to piss all over us, which they very rarely do.

This time they are shitting it and we seem to think its gonna be 3-0.

Worried.

:rofl:

I am confident as the majority of times our teams meet, they are unable to defeat us.

I am confident as they are a vastly inferior side, both technically and mentally.

I honestly believe that they are defeated for this particular game mentally before the game kicks off.

Folks, I don't mean to be a prophet of doom or anything, but they will beat us again. Maybe on the second (although I'd say it's highly unlikely) but the moral of the story is they are destined to an existence of inferiority.

Don't fear 'em, never fear 'em.

:rofl:

I am confident as the majority of times our teams meet, they are unable to defeat us.

I am confident as they are a vastly inferior side, both technically and mentally.

I honestly believe that they are defeated for this particular game mentally before the game kicks off.

Folks, I don't mean to be a prophet of doom or anything, but they will beat us again. Maybe on the second (although I'd say it's highly unlikely) but the moral of the story is they are destined to an existence of inferiority.

Don't fear 'em, never fear 'em.

I'm hoping they'll lose to Inverness tonight just to hammer their confidence further, a nice wee 3 points at Pitodrie tonight would set us up for the 2nd.

Folks, I don't mean to be a prophet of doom or anything, but they will beat us again.

I believe Halley's Comet is due again around 2061.

smugqq.png

I sincerely hope, and thoroughly expect us to hammer those giro thieving, sister pumping, AIDS infested, gap toothed, caravan dwelling, drug abusing, six fingered, peg selling, methadone dependant, subhuman troglodytes once again.

**** them.

Every last one of them.

Archived