Paterson McKay McGhee Stewart

Tapping A.King Scott

B.King Carrick Nicholson

Nicholson makes it 3-0 46 mins

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Footballfirst

Finished 11-0. Men against boys .... only the boys were at a different level.

Scorers: B King (3) S Nicholson (3) D Carrick (2) C Paterson, A King, E Saunderson

Saw the second half which was a bit of a procession and the Tynecastle guys looked knackered. The Hearts keeper coach ended up playing in goal for Tynecastle for much of the second half after their original keeper was injured. Lost a goal before he'd even touched the ball :lol:

Saw the second half which was a bit of a procession and the Tynecastle guys looked knackered. The Hearts keeper coach ended up playing in goal for Tynecastle for much of the second half after their original keeper was injured. Lost a goal before he'd even touched the ball :lol:

Yeah Jonathan the keeper coach went in & as he said 'what can I do, there's no way of stopping some of them!'

Yeah Jonathan the keeper coach went in & as he said 'what can I do, there's no way of stopping some of them!'

It's certainly fair to say that his defenders weren't giving him a lot of protection. Billy King looked like he could score at will and good header at the end from Ewan Saunderson.

Another fat goalie coach is our Jonathan...................... Hubs beat Alloa first team 4-1 for all you lovers of under 19 football.

Another fat goalie coach is our Jonathan...................... Hubs beat Alloa first team 4-1 for all you lovers of under 19 football.

Ah your back, Happy New Year

I was also informed it was 5-1 and was Alloa reserves

Are you saying he is a real goalie coach like, is it on his CV? seems a nice enough chap but have my doubts as to his footballing background.......

The Alloa game will check again but thats what i was told.

Footballfirst

A Hibs side beat ICT 3-0 in a bounce game yesterday, with U19s Caldwell and Monaghan both scoring for the hobos.

Yes, my mate was there but it was not all under 19s -Doyle played for example, Stanton did well again, they may do well to hold onto him aka the Dutd boy away to WBA; Inv had a mixture of 19s and players needing games including Sutherland/Dorans.

Are you saying he is a real goalie coach like, is it on his CV? seems a nice enough chap but have my doubts as to his footballing background.......

Never once commented on his ability good or bad. Have no idea but the players seem happy enough with him & more importantly I haven't seen Darren or John Murray question him, but then again that's probably where your problem is

Footballfirst

Bounce game away to Dundee Utd this morning has been postponed. Now playing at Riccarton on the first team's training pitch with a 12:30 k.o.

jamboinglasgow

Bounce game away to Dundee Utd this morning has been postponed. Now playing at Riccarton on the first team's training pitch with a 12:30 k.o.

Have you had any luck with trying to get the interview with John Murray?

Footballfirst

Have you had any luck with trying to get the interview with John Murray?

Yes. I did the interview yesterday. I typed it up last night and sent him a transcript of what I want to post on the HYDC site, so I'm just waiting on his sign-off before it is published. The club is very touchy at the moment about what goes out into the public domain.

There won't be anything controversial in what he says, at least on the record, but there are a few things of interest nonetheless.

jamboinglasgow

Yes. I did the interview yesterday. I typed it up last night and sent him a transcript of what I want to post on the HYDC site, so I'm just waiting on his sign-off before it is published. The club is very touchy at the moment about what goes out into the public domain.

There won't be anything controversial in what he says, at least on the record, but there are a few things of interest nonetheless.

Ok fair enough, understandable from the club. Look forward to reading it when it is up.

Just had a halftime update from FF (I'm in London so not there)

1-0 HT to Hearts, Stewart scored

Team:

Hamilton

Paterson McKay McGee Stewart

Nicholson Tobin Tapping Scott B.King

Carrick

Tobin doing well on return

Cheers ross was it adam or billy that scored,hope it was young adam would be good for his confidence,not that he needs it lol great future prospect

The Sinky for hearts website give a monthly award(Sinky's Boots)to the 17s/19s. Adam King was amongst the winners for November/december. as were Sam Nicholson,Callum Patterson and Fraser Mullen.

Cheers ross was it adam or billy that scored,hope it was young adam would be good for his confidence,not that he needs it lol great future prospect

Billy

Footballfirst

Good performance from the youngsters today. Ryan Stewart got the first after 10 minutes with a shot from the edge of the box that was deflected up and out of the reach of the keeper. (he gets ribbed regularly for not scoring very many goals and the rest of the team were adamant that it should go down as an o.g.). Brad Mckay scored the 2nd in the first minute of the 2nd half heading home powerfully from a Fraser Mullen Corner. (a bit like Zal's goal at Tynie today). Billy King got the 3rd 5 minutes later when he pressurised the defender into a mistake at the edge of the box and took the ball round the keeper to score easily.

Hearts had a few good chances to extend the lead, but the keeper made a couple of good stops from both Billy and sub Adam King and Gray Oliver almost got a toe on the end of a cut back by Fraser Mullen after a great passing move. Dundee Utd had one great effort midway through the 2nd half with a 20 yard volley that cannoned of the crosbar.

Hearts also brought on a French trialist, who played on the right side of midfield and looked pretty good on the ball. I don't know how old the lad was.

Such was their dominance, Darren Murray had the guys playing spells of one and two touch passing and moving and it was heartening to see them execute it well.

Their next outing is against East Fife on Tuesday night. I think it is being played at Methil but I don't know the arrangements re k.o. or if it is closed door.

Wish I'd seen this before I drove up to St. Andrews this morning.....

Caught the last hour today and thought the young uns' were frightening.Some fantastic football played from back-front and i'm sure i heard DM shout "Don't dare play that ball long".Could have had 8 in the 2nd half in what looks like a team with some new faces.Future looking very bright!!

Footballfirst

Caught the last hour today and thought the young uns' were frightening.Some fantastic football played from back-front and i'm sure i heard DM shout "Don't dare play that ball long".Could have had 8 in the 2nd half in what looks like a team with some new faces.Future looking very bright!!

That was quite a funny moment. The way I recalled it was that Jack Hamilton had the ball and Darren shouted to him "Don't play it long, Just don't play it long" at which point the United coach said to Darren "That's funny, when we last played Rangers they said the same thing without the word 'don't' " The point was well made about the contrast in styles of play this season.

I was told that Tuesday's game against East Fife is at New Bayview and kicks off at 7pm. I'd expect that it will be a closed door game unless anyone knows different.

That was quite a funny moment. The way I recalled it was that Jack Hamilton had the ball and Darren shouted to him "Don't play it long, Just don't play it long" at which point the United coach said to Darren "That's funny, when we last played Rangers they said the same thing without the word 'don't' " The point was well made about the contrast in styles of play this season.

I was told that Tuesday's game against East Fife is at New Bayview and kicks off at 7pm. I'd expect that it will be a closed door game unless anyone knows different.

How true - massive difference in style of play, I know which I'd rather watch....

Well the Jambos 19's played a style that i reckon would not have been bettered at any level this season - add that to the desire of our 1st team and you never know :rolleyes:

FF - is the game v EF a 19's game or an opportunity to give some of the 1st team a run out??

jamboinglasgow

Good performance from the youngsters today. Ryan Stewart got the first after 10 minutes with a shot from the edge of the box that was deflected up and out of the reach of the keeper. (he gets ribbed regularly for not scoring very many goals and the rest of the team were adamant that it should go down as an o.g.). Brad Mckay scored the 2nd in the first minute of the 2nd half heading home powerfully from a Fraser Mullen Corner. (a bit like Zal's goal at Tynie today). Billy King got the 3rd 5 minutes later when he pressurised the defender into a mistake at the edge of the box and took the ball round the keeper to score easily.

Hearts had a few good chances to extend the lead, but the keeper made a couple of good stops from both Billy and sub Adam King and Gray Oliver almost got a toe on the end of a cut back by Fraser Mullen after a great passing move. Dundee Utd had one great effort midway through the 2nd half with a 20 yard volley that cannoned of the crosbar.

Hearts also brought on a French trialist, who played on the right side of midfield and looked pretty good on the ball. I don't know how old the lad was.

Such was their dominance, Darren Murray had the guys playing spells of one and two touch passing and moving and it was heartening to see them execute it well.

Their next outing is against East Fife on Tuesday night. I think it is being played at Methil but I don't know the arrangements re k.o. or if it is closed door.

bit of a delayed question. But what was the team that finished the match?

Footballfirst

Any idea when the John Murray interview will be posted FF? :thumbsup:

I've just emailed John asking him when he will have any admendments for me.

Footballfirst

bit of a delayed question. But what was the team that finished the match?

As far as I can remember

Carswell

Paterson McKay McGhee McMillan

Trialist Mullen A King Beith B King

Oliver

Mark Keegan was ready to come on as sub when the full time whistle blew

Footballfirst

Well the Jambos 19's played a style that i reckon would not have been bettered at any level this season - add that to the desire of our 1st team and you never know :rolleyes:

FF - is the game v EF a 19's game or an opportunity to give some of the 1st team a run out??

My understanding is that tonight's game is an U19 side but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two older ones get a game. Certainly Jason Holt hasn't played much in the last month. Colin Hamilton and Gary Glen have been on the bench of late so could get some action. I think Denis P has only just resumed full training. I don't know what other bounce games have been played to give others a game, such as Ridgers, Balatoni, J Thomson, D Thomson, Ogleby etc

darren put that performance as possibly the best he has seen EVER !!

Any 19's game this weekend or in the near future.

Also would like to catch the 15's and 17's if anyone knows if they have games coming up.

U19s have a game scheduled for Friday night against Eyemouth at Riccarton, 7.45 k.o.

Update from FF

1-0 ht Billy King. Fraser hit the bar with a screamer of a free kick. Hearts well on top. Same lineup as Sat bar Tappy

Update from FF

1-0 ht Billy King. Fraser hit the bar with a screamer of a free kick. Hearts well on top. Same lineup as Sat bar Tappy

Mullen?

Wish I'd known earlier I'd have gone along to watch.

Mullen?

Wish I'd known earlier I'd have gone along to watch.

Yeah sorry Fraser

Finished 3-2 to Hearts. Eyemouth twice equalised before Hearts scored a winner through B.King (Tapping got second)

Footballfirst

Missed the first 10 mins and the opening goal because they kicked off 10 minutes early. Hearts well on top in the first half but reluctant to shoot. Billy King always seemed to want to take an extra touch and as a result shots were blocked or tackles made. Fraser Mullen's freek kick was a cracker coming off the underside of the crossbar withthe keeper helpless and the frame of the goal shaking.

Eymouth equalised 4 mins into the 2nd half with a decent move down the right and a sidefoot finish from the edge of the box. Hearts when ahead again after 77mins when Callum Tapping scored after a bit of quick passing created a opening for fim 10 yards out.. Eyemouth equalised a minute later with the best goal of the night when an early cross was played in from the right over the heads of the centre backs and was volleyed home from 12 yards.

Billy King got the winner in the 89th minute after playing a one-two with Fraser Mullen and shooting low past the keeper.

Not nearly as fluent a performance as in their last game against Dundee Utd, but a good workout just the same.

Ryan Stewart and Jordan McGhee both went off with knocks. Don't know how serious though.

Hamilton

Paterson McKay McGhee(McMillan) Stewart(A King)

Mullen Tobin(Thomson) Scott(Kane)

B King Carrick(Tapping) Nicholson

Games coming up

Bounce game of U17s and U15s on Saturday

U17s/U18s v Berwick on Monday night (possible)

U19s v the First Team next Saturday

I don't know the kick off times or the venue for the U19s game though

Archived