Man U v Barca. How will it go?

Craigieboy

No Nonsense

Utd are the obvious favourites on current form and I fully expect them to come through. Barca can be picked of in defence, and this vulnerability is increaced by the fact that Puyol is suspended for the first leg.... Utd to go through to set up a mouth watering final with..... Liverpool. What a wee belter that'll be.

RockyBalboa

Best team on the planet will show it buy beating the former best side on the planet.

United for the double - that will nearly make up for not getting another derby match on my season ticket :)

The other semi should be a thriller as well.

6 Champions League matches played between Pool and Chelsea producing a staggering tally of 3 goals.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Should be an absolute belter.

BBC report goes on about how much pressure Barca were under tonight and having watched both teams alot this season I'm pretty sure United will win.

Just incase you haven't watched Thierry Henry for a while ..... MURDER!

Who would win between Arse and Barce?

Why ask that?

Its between Man U and Barca but it would be a close game over 2 legs.

If it was a one off.... Arsenal, dont know why but Barca are not the same team as they were, but over two legs V United they will win.

And will shut up the Mancurian supporters! :)

Ryan Gosling
Why ask that?

If it was a one off.... Arsenal, dont know why but Barca are not the same team as they were, but over two legs V United they will win.

:laugh:

Knew we'd get that answer.

Knew we'd get that answer.

What do you mean "we" You asked the question.

You asked a question i answered it fairly.

Walter Bishop
What do you mean "we" You asked the question.

You asked a question i answered it fairly.

Arsenal have over achieved big time, They are not even in the same class as Chelsea, Never mind Man U.

Man U will pump them on sunday and Wenger will be greeting again!!

Anderson son son son son

he ****s on Fabregas......

Why have Arsenal been brought into this?

I gave an opinion on the game which i think Barcalona will win over 2 legs.

I gave an opinion on a one off match which I thought Arsenal would.

And I said it would be tight over 2 legs.

HOW THE **** does that mean I say Man utd are better than Arsenal chris/tobias/shp.

And WTF have you to do with Utd Jamie, your a "so called" Liverpool fan, who just happened to come out with it when Liverpool won over 2 legs.

So you two, go have a w*** in the corner because you are both obsessed OTT drivel merchants and stick to the topic which was stated.

Ryan Gosling

HOW THE **** does that mean I say Man utd are better than Arsenal chris/tobias/shp.

And WTF have you to do with Utd Jamie, your a "so called" Liverpool fan, who just happened to come out with it when Liverpool won over 2 legs.

So you two, go have a w*** in the corner because you are both obsessed OTT drivel merchants and stick to the topic which was stated.

How rude.

Well if you think Barca would beat United, and Arsenal would beat Barca...logic says...

I'd say on MSN, when United had just gone 6 points clear of Arsenal, when you were declaring to all and sundry that Arsenal would win the league, that's when you stated that Arsenal were better.

And for the Manc fans, at least the majority have seen their team win a European trophy :oopsoops:

normal_LOL-lolz.jpg

Barca will win over 2 legs.

Eejit, they can't even beat average La Liga teams like Getafe, Betis or Almeria, yet without Ronaldinho and Messi you think they'll beat the best team - by miles - on the planet.

Your bias is almost as embarrassing as your insistance that your a diehard jambo.

Is Messi out as well? What's up?

Puyol's out of the first leg I think..?

Torn thigh muscle, was meant to be out for the season but I think his recovery is going well so could make it back in time for the semi but I can't see them wanting to rush him back, especially with the world at his feet.

Walter Bishop

The Sherminator strikes!!!!

Where have i ever said im a Liverpool fan? Im a Hearts fan. I have said in the past i look out for the results of Man Utd and Everton as i have family that are season ticket holders.

Mind and get the seward to take a photo of you in Moscow at the champions league final because you have a ticket! Wait til Giggsy or Stevie G is lifting the trophy and see if you can get us a wee photo!!!:)

Best team on the planet will show it buy beating the former best side on the planet.

United for the double - that will nearly make up for not getting another derby match on my season ticket :)

That'll cost a wee bit. :confused:

Hope barca do it ! messi, henry, ronnie, eto what a strike force, Too bad there egos are out of control the now! I just hope who ever wins this final goes on to lift the cup ! Fecking hate boring cleaski and even hate the thiefing, inbread scvn even more ! RAFA GET A SHAVE ! YOU LOOK LIKE MING THE MERICLESS ! :evilno:

Hilary Briss

Man U are nailed on.

I have watched Barca's last few games and they have been murder. Even last night, Schalke had rakes of chances in 1st half and were better side then Barca got a spawny goal on HT and the tie was over. Rijkaard is under heavy pressue and the white hankies were out when Bojan got subbed even though they were winning.

With Messi & Ronaldhino missing & Puyol suspended for first game from an already ropey defence I think Man U will kane them. Largest bet of season coming up for me !!

Arsenal have over achieved big time, They are not even in the same class as Chelsea, Never mind Man U.

Man U will pump them on sunday and Wenger will be greeting again!!

Anderson son son son son

he ****s on Fabregas......

Nah... Its Anderson son son, he's better than kleberson, Anderson son son he's a midfield magician, to the left, to the right, do the samba beat all night, he is fast, he is class and he S***S ON FABREGAS :)

Hope barca do it ! messi, henry, ronnie, eto what a strike force, Too bad there egos are out of control the now! I just hope who ever wins this final goes on to lift the cup ! Fecking hate boring cleaski and even hate the thiefing, inbread scvn even more ! RAFA GET A SHAVE ! YOU LOOK LIKE MING THE MERICLESS ! :evilno:

Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry.

2 out of 4 of them are injured.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs.

All fit atm.

I think there's a really good chance of that. Will you give me odds?

It will be a Man U Vs Liverpool final.

I disagree. I think Chelsea will beat Liverpool primarily because the second leg is at the Bridge.

A Man U v Liverpool final would of course be the final most would wish to see due to the history of that tie and the frisson of antipathy felt by each set of supporters to each other.

I think Chelsea will make it, and may even go all the way though.

shaun.lawson

Man Utd certainly should beat Barca - I wouldn't be putting any money on it though. Come the final handful of games last season, both United and Chelsea were out on their feet: they'd both been involved in just too many competitions, and the kind of distances run by top players in big games nowadays means fatigue is bound to set in. So both sides hardly won a game between them as the title was decided, and produced a dreadfully uninspiring Cup Final: much the same thing could easily happen this season, and we're now only two games away from the point when both hit trouble in 06/7.

As brilliant as Liverpool-Arsenal was, I felt Liverpool went through mainly because their players were fresher. Arsenal's squad simply isn't strong enough yet; whereas Rafa's rotation policy both knocks his side out of title contention relatively early in the season, but also allows them to hit top form at a time others are tiring. I'm still going for a Man Utd-Chelsea final, with Chelsea winning a poor game 1-0 in Moscow - but history may well repeat itself. No matter how much money top players are paid nowadays, they're not machines, and fatigue hits everyone at some point.

Ryan Gosling
Man Utd certainly should beat Barca - I wouldn't be putting any money on it though. Come the final handful of games last season, both United and Chelsea were out on their feet: they'd both been involved in just too many competitions, and the kind of distances run by top players in big games nowadays means fatigue is bound to set in. So both sides hardly won a game between them as the title was decided, and produced a dreadfully uninspiring Cup Final: much the same thing could easily happen this season, and we're now only two games away from the point when both hit trouble in 06/7.

This is where United have strengthened in the summer. Where last season they had basically had VDS, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney and Smith to see them over the finish line, they now have Tevez, Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani, Neville and Silvestre who were all missing from the run-in.

whereas Rafa's rotation policy both knocks his side out of title contention relatively early in the season, but also allows them to hit top form at a time others are tiring.

Good point.

I think Chelsea will win it as well but to be honest at times like this i'm just glad i'm a neutral so I can enjoy the football whoever wins.

shaun.lawson
This is where United have strengthened in the summer. Where last season they had basically had VDS, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney and Smith to see them over the finish line, they now have Tevez, Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani, Neville and Silvestre who were all missing from the run-in.

Yes, that's definitely fair comment. What was remarkable last season was their squad was so thin compared to their more recent standards, and that's probably been sorted since. I just found myself wondering both last night and during the Middlesbrough game what might happen: when Crouch was subbed on Tuesday night, the distance stats flashed up and it was mindblowing how hard top players have to work in big games nowadays. We'll see, though you're probably right: United should be ok.

Pete Seeger
Why ask that?

Come on barca, Into these dirty reds. Barca Chelsea final for me although I can see it being a manure Liverpool final.

Ryan Gosling
Yes, that's definitely fair comment. What was remarkable last season was their squad was so thin compared to their more recent standards, and that's probably been sorted since. I just found myself wondering both last night and during the Middlesbrough game what might happen: when Crouch was subbed on Tuesday night, the distance stats flashed up and it was mindblowing how hard top players have to work in big games nowadays. We'll see, though you're probably right: United should be ok.

You just need to look at how well Hargreaves and Park (someone I forgot) played last night as well without Ronaldo or Rooney on the pitch. They have enough quality to see it through I think. They'd need to bottle it as opposed to tire out.

shaun.lawson
Good point.

I think Chelsea will win it as well but to be honest at times like this i'm just glad i'm a neutral so I can enjoy the football whoever wins.

Of the SKY four, I do have a leaning towards Liverpool - but more than anything, that's probably because they've been the longest without winning the title. Domination of any sport bores me - so much so that during the 1990s, I became the ABU par excellence, switching from Chelsea to Blackburn to Newcastle to Liverpool to Arsenal in the desperate hope that someone, anyone might beat Man U. It was the same when it came to Stephen Hendry's endless run of titles at the Crucible!

But United finally won me over (and maybe I finally started growing up) with that comeback win in Turin in 1999: it was the best performance I'd ever seen from an English club side, one that prompted Brazil coach Wanderley Luxemburgo to declare the following morning that his team had a lot to learn from Man Utd. I've never hated them since, though have certainly been happy when either Arsenal or Chelsea have had their periods at the top (I've never found it within myself to hate Chelsea, and have always found the "no history" argument used against them to be pretty risible); and when you look at the current United side - I defy any lover of football to hate them. The stuff they're playing is just sublime at times, and arguably the best ever seen in this country.

shaun.lawson
You just need to look at how well Hargreaves and Park (someone I forgot) played last night as well without Ronaldo or Rooney on the pitch. They have enough quality to see it through I think. They'd need to bottle it as opposed to tire out.

Be interesting to see if Rangers' squad can cope with their fixture backlog too. I don't think the title race is over yet, because I think Rangers have to tire.

Hargreaves was outstanding last night in both an attacking and defensive role.

You add the likes of Carrick and Fletcher to the mix and Man Utd really are ridiculously good at the moment.

Then you have Pique coming through as well. :eek:

Ferguson has nailed it once again, one of the best managers of all time.

shaun.lawson

You add the likes of Carrick and Fletcher to the mix and Man Utd really are ridiculously good at the moment.

He's certainly up there. As far as British managers go, it's pretty hard to separate Stein, Shankly, Busby, Paisley, Fergie and arguably Clough really.

rudi must stay

think Barca might sneak through. Don't really want them to, but they are amazing in the big matches

Evans who is at Sunderland looks like a good defender too.

I think Man United might end this season without a trophy - even though they play the best football - because they lack 1 player in the squad. A physical striker who could allow them to change to a longer game if needed.

Archived