Sone Aluko's Dive

RoyCropper

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16023596.stm

You really couldnt make this up. The Huns have rejected a fixed two match ban and will contest it. They should add more games onto the ban because it is a blatent dive.

Jim McIntyre is also being hauled before them for daring to speak out against the OF cheating. Its beyond a joke.

Steve Conroy, the ref who gave the awful decision, walks away with no punishment.

:verymad:

scottish_chicP

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16023596.stm

You really couldnt make this up. The Huns have rejected a fixed two match ban and will contest it while the Jim McIntyre is being hauled before them too for daring to speak out and say the ref had a stinker. Add two more games onto the ban, it was a stone wall dive.

Steve Conroy, the ref who gave the awful decision, walks away with no punishment.

I just swore at the TV when I seen this. Absolutely unbelievable! Ref's can do what they want and no one can question it? Surely everyone can see something is wrong there!! angry.gif

Taking into consideration the SFA's previous, Aluko will get away with it and McIntyre will get a 5 game ban

By punishing Aluko for diving, surely they agree that Jim McIntyre was right? So how can they punish him too?

Sometimes wonder what the point is? :blink:

For the simple reason that it's a blatant dive, I will reserve my charge of corruption until after the panel fail to add to his ban for a spurious claim!

Any other "result" will be a farce!!!

How come no action was taken against Terry Butcher for his rant the other week about the ref and the SFA appeals process? Are some managers exempt from the disciplinary process?

Also as for the dive, if the ref sees it is a yellow card. If the ref misses it, it's a 2 match ban. Huh?? So, players are now being penalised for the ref's incompetence and the ref carries on as if nothing has happened. Good and just system we have in Scotland, eh?

<_<

colin barclay

The farce doesnt end there,Jim McIntyre is being hauled in front of the sfa for his comments regarding without doubt the most blatant case of simulation (diving) call it what you wish I have ever seen. What the **** did they expect him too say "well done ref great game as for the penalty award yes two yards away from it with a clear view it was a stone waller" :rolleyes:

How come no action was taken against Terry Butcher for his rant the other week about the ref and the SFA appeals process? Are some managers exempt from the disciplinary process?

<_<

From Wiki:

Terence Ian "Terry" Butcher is an English football manager and former player. He was a highly successful football player and made his name as an uncompromising defender with Ipswich Town and Rangers in the 1980s.

Nucky Thompson

You really couldnt make this up. The Huns have rejected a fixed two match ban and will contest it. They should add more games onto the ban because it is a blatent dive.

Jim McIntyre is also being hauled before them for daring to speak out against the OF cheating. Its beyond a joke.

Why would you except a 2 match ban for something that would've been a yellow card in game time. I thought simulation was a yellow card offence :unsure:

Why would you except a 2 match ban for something that would've been a yellow card in game time. I thought simulation was a yellow card offence :unsure:

You mean like Miko's, which wasn't only a retrospective 2 match ban but, heralded the worst hypocritical skubala, and who was the SFA Chief Executive at the time?

What a grade one hypocrite Smith is!!!

It's GOC all over again.

He will get off with it.

Precedent set, the ban will be lifted and Dumfermline's gaffer will get hammered for pointing out the poor referee.

Ridiculous.

Napoleon  Wilson

Not seen one like that for a while, absolute blatant shocker.

"Hey Sone, it's okay you play for us now remember! Just dive away pal weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Nucky Thompson

You mean like Miko's, which wasn't only a retrospective 2 match ban but, heralded the worst hypocritical skubala, and who was the SFA Chief Executive at the time?

What a grade one hypocrite Smith is!!!

Yeah I know and I couldn't understand that one either at the time. Why is it deemed a booking on the pitch if the referee sees the dive and considered a ban when he misses it and awards a penalty?

cumbernauldjambo83

...And they have the dare to label us ******* cheats!!! Horrible chunts! :verymad:

Never seen a side get awarded so many brutal penalties in all me days!!

scots civil war

I felt there was contact and then I fell over..........

absolutely ******* dreadful......even coming out with this is ******* ridiculous,never mind the dive

makes one physically sick,the whole set up in this country

Miko cheated, no doubt about that. It disn't affect the outcome of the game and he was dealt with. All seems fair enough. He was then hounded by our press for the rest of the time he was in Scotland.

GOC dived against St J, no doubt about that either. It DID affect the outcome of the game as Hibs won by a single goal. The SFA pretend to make a big issue of it but GOC gets off with it. The SFA don't want to admit that our game is crooked and tainted in the same way that 'cheating foreigners' play the game.

Aluka has also cheated and again it has affected the outcome of the game. Now does anyone want to guess what the SFA will do now that Rankers have appealed???

Problem Officer?

He's fitting in already, it was probably the first thing he was told to do/wanted to do.

It was an obvious dive. Nothing else to be said about it.

Had the real radio football phone in on earlier and they were debating it all night long. Mostly arse holes that phoned to blame mind you.

Any club with the slightest bit of sense would appeal the decision. Especially after the mob at Fester Rd showed even when you think there is hee-haw chance of a turnaround, you might aswell have a bash anyway.

Any club with the slightest bit of sense would appeal the decision. Especially after the mob at Fester Rd showed even when you think there is hee-haw chance of a turnaround, you might aswell have a bash anyway.

BB even admitted the GOC dive on tv and they still got away with it.

BB even admitted the GOC dive on tv and they still got away with it.

It's a complete lottery, it all depends whos on the panel.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

The point that some people are making about it being a yellow card if the ref spots the dive, yet a 2 match ban if he doesn't, seems a very valid point. The only difference could be that a 'successfull' dive leads to a penalty, and in this case, a victory, and the powers that be decide it needs an appropriate punishment. I'd expect the argument in favour of the ban would be that simulation must be stamped out and so successfull simulation must be punished more than unsuccessfull simulation. I think in the case of the GOC dive, even although we all know, and even the SFA knew, that it was definitely a dive, the tv pictures left enough room for doubt to let them chicken out. In this case it will be very difficult to find any room for doubt and so, if he gets away with it, there can be no room for doubt that the SFA are just the bunch of cheats we've been saying they are for years.

I wonder if Dunfermline make the same stink that Celtic did last year that i) McIntyre will get off scot-free and ii) Conroy will be, deservedly in this case, kicked out.

Conroy should really be spending a wee while in the lower leagues after these howlers.

Fully expect Aluko to be cleared too.

No football fan likes it when a football player dives. Unless he is playing for your team at the time.

I remember Ramon perreira getting roundly booed at tynie following a woeful dive. Although perhaps I've confused that with my other memories of booing the mulleted striker.

Snake Plissken

I'm less annoyed by the dive than I am by the fact the referee was right there and had a perfect view of it but still gave it.

Ridiculous.

I can now see the reason Aluko was brought in as Naismith's replacement, nothing to do with his football ability, just falls over really well.

Winnipeg Willie

Since when did the SFA start making "an offer" of punishment? Two game suspension, end of , now GTF.

Since when did the SFA start making "an offer" of punishment? Two game suspension, end of , now GTF.

thats what irked me. what alot of nonsense.

John Yorkson yesterday said, he thought a 2 game ban would be harsh on Aluko.

His team lost a goal to a penalty that was not.

His team were cheated.

His team received another defeat that should have been a draw at least.

But once again Rangers get the 3 points.

While a fringe player will miss a game or two.

Gimps like him that allow referee's to continue to cheat and be corrupt.

Scottish football is on its knees.

Scottish match officials are quite simply corrupt.

Regan and Doncaster are a total waste of space. <_<

Drylaw Hearts

The rule is stupid and makes no sense.

If a Ref think a player has dived, anywhere on the pitch, it is a yellow card offence.

If the Ref misses a dive and the SFA take action afterwards it's a 2 game ban.

:blink:

IMO....

If diving is only deemed a yellow card offence then the player should receive the equivalent of a booking after and the Ref should get a ban for being so easily conned.

How can there be 2 different punishments for the same offence ????

But as John Yorkston says, what benifit is it to Dunfermline if Aluko gets a 2 game ban and misses the game V hibs, this will only benifit Hibs :blink:

We are a farce of league from the very bottom to the very top.

John Yorkson yesterday said, he thought a 2 game ban would be harsh on Aluko.

His team lost a goal to a penalty that was not.

His team were cheated.

His team received another defeat that should have been a draw at least.

But once again Rangers get the 3 points.

While a fringe player will miss a game or two.

Gimps like him that allow referee's to continue to cheat and be corrupt.

Scottish football is on its knees.

Scottish match officials are quite simply corrupt.

Regan and Doncaster are a total waste of space. <_<

This, you got there before me and worded it better :thumbsup:

loved aluko's excuse for it. something along the lines of how a player running at speed and twisting and turning on wet grass can be felled by the slightest touch.

he wasn't running at any speed. he wasn't twisting and turning.

but inevitably the game is choc full of commentators who will pounce on excuse making like that and will peddle it back out in order to disguise the truth... that many footballers are out-and-out cheats. the game is completely riddled by them. another truth is that certain clubs have been playing on it and on refereeing 'mistakes' for decades. they know full well that an advantage can be gained from playing the percentages and trying to con weak referees. it's no coincidence that both old firm teams have been rammed with brazen cheats. it's because such things are very obviously encouraged at both clubs.

weak refereeing has always benefitted the old firm. they have always taken full advantage of it. in a way you can't really be surprised that they do.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If a Ref think a player has dived, anywhere on the pitch, it is a yellow card offence.

IMO....

If diving is only deemed a yellow card offence then the player should receive the equivalent of a booking after and the Ref should get a ban for being so easily conned.

I would imagine it's all in an atempt to stamp out diving. If a player dives and is spotted by the ref he gets a yellow card and the game, and so the result, is not affected. On the other hand, if the ref gives the penalty and it's later proven that the player took a dive, then the game has been irrecoverably changed by his cheating. If the player then only gets a yellow card, his cheating has been well worth it and the same message is given out to all the other cheats that blight our game. In a way it's the same in a court of law, if someone atempts to commit a crime, they get a much smaller sentence than they would if they actually have committed the crime.

Blatant dive, unbelievable decision from the ref who had a perfect view. The ref's in this country are nothing short of shite, I expect Conroy to be rocking up at Tynecastle in the next few weeks.

Guest Dipped Flake

IMO....

Because rangers got a penalty and a goal because of his cheating. If the referee had done his job he would have been booked and no penalty and goal. The rules are perfectly clear. Diving that gains a game- changing advantage is an automatic 2 game ban. This is what rangers were told but they chose to contest the ban. The fast track hearing will be held tomorrow. I, like many others on here, fear what the outcome will be, as it's rangers we are talking about, but I'll save my seethe until after the meeting tomorrow

Conroy was the ref who gave O'Connor the penalty against St Johnstone and this one. Think he needs to visit the referees sponsors for a check up!!

Oh, and the reason that it's an automatic 2 game ban is because Gordon Smith wanted diving stamped out of Scottish football - karma eh?

mahgrassyshoes

I saw a mate of a mate claim this was further proof of a witch hunt against Rangers.

:facepalm:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Has this been evened-out to compensate Celtic yet?

If not, it's a scandal.

The decision has already been made: Celtic to get a penalty the next time they play Dunfermline. This will prove there is no cheating in Scottish football and ensures a level playingfield for all :whistling:

Archived