Saints, why no red?

hacker

Why was McCracken of the Saints not yellow carded at our penalty and yet Jonnson was at theirs? I'll tell you why, McCracken was already on a yellow and so the ref would've had to send him off. Or it could be the other theory, referees are just biased against Hearts.

Eggert was lucky not to see red as the boy was about to pull the trigger. Our penalty anywhere else on the park wouldn't be a booking, and as Sutton had his back to goal i think the ref made the right call.

Or, it wasn't a yellow card offence?

I know I may just have blown your mind with that one, but it's just crazy enough to be possible.

Or, it wasn't a yellow card offence?

I know I may just have blown your mind with that one, but it's just crazy enough to be possible.

It was never even a penalty.

Conspirashy,

On a not too unrelated topic, how many penalties has Eggert given away, he seems to have given away loads.

If a player running into the box with the ball at his feet is not a goalscoring opportunity, I don't know what is. A minimum yellow.

I have no doubt the only reason he wasn't booked was due to his prior booking.

Conspirashy,

On a not too unrelated topic, how many penalties has Eggert given away, he seems to have given away loads.

It was soft as the proverbial, but Sutton had been getting manhandled with no reward all match. Reckon the ref just drew the line on it at the penalty.

If a player running into the box with the ball at his feet is not a goalscoring opportunity, I don't know what is. A minimum yellow.

I have no doubt the only reason he wasn't booked was due to his prior booking.

But Sutton wasn't running into the box with the ball at his feet?

However he was clearly being held, both pens were as clear as day to me. Ours was a soft penalty, but a penalty all the same.

Whether you think it was a penalty or not, the ref did.

The offence could only have been for "manhandling"/holding on to Sutton.

How often does a player get away with grabbing someone outside the box? Not often, in fact, one of the almost cert bookings!

How many times does a defender give away a penalty and not get booked! Even more "not often"!!!!

You can bin any paranoia skubala, it was a booking!

Conspirashy,

Strangely enough, it did look nothing like a penalty when I watched the highlights, but the angle I had in the ground (Row 20, section W of the Gorgie) let me see that the boy had his arms all over him, and it was a stonewaller.

Regardless, no booking was the right call.

The linesman infront of section N was woeful. The st j assistant manager shouted at him when the ref gave hearts a throw in so the linesman gave st johnstone it <_< the ball was in the st johnstone half and the st johnstone striker ran from an offside position to get it,the linesman didnt have a clue about what to give. st johnstone keeper made a save first half from a corner and he gave a goalkick. hope he's never at tynie again

as for the pen, dont think it was a yellow.

Eggert was lucky not to see red as the boy was about to pull the trigger. Our penalty anywhere else on the park wouldn't be a booking, and as Sutton had his back to goal i think the ref made the right call.

Yes it would - jersey pulling is supposed to be an automatic yellow these days. It's inconsistancy that's the problem.

Drylaw Hearts

Whether you think it was a penalty or not, the ref did.

The offence could only have been for "manhandling"/holding on to Sutton.

How often does a player get away with grabbing someone outside the box? Not often, in fact, one of the almost cert bookings!

How many times does a defender give away a penalty and not get booked! Even more "not often"!!!!

You can bin any paranoia skubala, it was a booking!

Whether you think it was a booking or not the Ref didn't.

No yellow was the correct decision.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Whether you think it was a booking or not the Ref didn't.

No yellow was the correct decision.

Personally, and I think it is the rule anyway, I think any foul committed when not trying to play the ball should be an automatic booking. Pulling jerseys or manhandling is not trying to play the ball so he should have been booked if the ref considered he'd committed the foul. It was certainly a soft penalty though, one that, if it was given every time a player did what he did, Rangers would have a penalty every week. Oh wait a minute....

I thought Our pen was very weak but also think their player lost control of the ball before their's. Eggert upending the boy made it an easy decision for the ref though.

But Sutton wasn't running into the box with the ball at his feet?

However he was clearly being held, both pens were as clear as day to me. Ours was a soft penalty, but a penalty all the same.

I'd need to see it again (long way from G and I haven't seen the highlights) but I thought he gave it for McGowan's run into the box being halted.

I'd need to see it again (long way from G and I haven't seen the highlights) but I thought he gave it for McGowan's run into the box being halted.

Just watched it again, I'm talking pish! :laugh:

Scott Wilson has put on facebook that he didn't think Eggert made contact with Davidson.

And if you watch it again closely he may have point.

If there was contact it was really minimal - and only enough to put over a professional player.

InNothingWeTrust

On a slightly related note, when did we last miss a penalty at Tynecastle? Apart from penalty shoot outs, I'm struggling to remember.

On a slightly related note, when did we last miss a penalty at Tynecastle? Apart from penalty shoot outs, I'm struggling to remember.

I think Michael Stewart missed one against St Mirren a few years back. Then scored a second one awarded in the same game?

Both pens on Saturday were stonewallers, by the way. Sutton gets manhandled and held every time the ball comes near him in the box. He should have had a pen in the match against Dundee United as well. Didn't look worthy of a second booking for McCracken to me though. Ref got it right. :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

Why are so many fould these days bookings. The Sutton pen was never a booking. The decision to give Eggert a booking in the first minute last week was astonishing as well. Foul? Yes. Booking. No.

I think they need to change the rule on goal scoring chance/last man

a red just outside the box,a penalty and yellow inside the box that would make the refs job easier and games better imo

Archived