Celtic cleared of 'illicit singing'

William H. Bonney

If the evidence is there, why no punishment?

They've not been cleared of the singing, just what they'd done to try to prevent it being deemed enough.

Did we get hammered for Jungle John?

The Mighty Thor

I for one am utterly shocked at this news

It's up there with the revelation that night follows day.

They've not been cleared of the singing, just what they'd done to try to prevent it being deemed enough.

Did we get hammered for Jungle John?

Would still like to see list of these 'satisfactory' preventative measures though. Bet there'd be some comedy in that.

small number my erse, the whole of the Roseburn where there was almost 3,000 of these one shoe, tinky, west coast soap dodgers, angry is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair it is a small minority at Celtic park. I've always wondered how they and there brothers get away with it when playing away from home though when it's anything but a minority.

60,000 is a small percentage of the 2 billion GFITW that were in Seville.

:lol: Never thought of that. :thumbsup:

It opens up the doors for fans singing what they want knowing that as long as the club has 'done everything it can' to discourage it nothing will happen.

So we know there was singing, the club has admitted it and yet the Strathclyde police cannot manage to arrest one person -- hmmmmmmmmmm.

Who cares!

Scottish football is on its knees,the national team will never qualify for the latter stages of any tournament and we're rank!

Merry Christmas!

;)

Who cares!

Scottish football is on its knees,the national team will never qualify for the latter stages of any tournament and we're rank!

Merry Christmas!

;)

I care.

Religious Bigotry and Sectarianism must be stamped out.

Celtic fans are number 1 in world foootball at both these things

It sets a very dangerous precedent so that as long as the Club officially is seen to prevent sectarian chanting by words alone then no punishment will ever come.

SPL bottling it. Just like they did when there was attempt to attack Lennon at Tynecastle.

Curious that after that game in May, when the IRA songbook was well-aired, the people who are doing "everything they can" to get rid of this, managed to go across at the end of the game and thank these fans for their support.

Toxteth O'Grady

Curious that after that game in May, when the IRA songbook was well-aired, the people who are doing "everything they can" to get rid of this, managed to go across at the end of the game and thank these fans for their support.

Correct. if they really disapproved of the IRA fest they would not thank the fans at all. I rembember John Colquohoun making gestures to the some of the "Traditional" Heats supprort to tell them to shut it a couple of times.

Any law needs general support or at least a tacit understanding it is necessary.

If there is no support the law will fail and will not be respected -- this area of legislation is just not enforceable and there are so may holes in it it will not succeed.

The police bottled going into the stand and arresting those involved and will do so again -- they will pick on the smaller clubs but when it comes to the old firm they will pretend they did not hear a thing.

The only thing that will stop this is if they start deducting points from the offending clubs. Fines are a waste of time, arresting the fans doesn't seem to stop it so lets see if a 10 point deduction everytime it happens makes them think......perhaps a bit of self policing would be more effective.

Celtic getting something swept under the carpet.

Well I never.

Seriously,why bother?

That's often how I feel too. But maybe, just maybe, the fact that there was an investigation this time round means that the issue is being taken more seriously (the threat of new legislation, however badly worded it is and I'm not sure that I support it anyway, perhaps concentrating the minds) and we are inching towards making progress. The test will be whether we get any "up the RA" nonsense next time they come to Tynecastle (which is probably the venue where their song selection is at its worst).

Jam Tarts 1874

You just know that some Hearts fans will be arrested for singing Rangers songs at Celtic Park this weekend. You also just know that the SPL will come down on us like a ton of bricks if any complaint is received.

Archived