Ballon d'Orlist

tartofmidlothian

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Messi will win but I'm not sure who'll be second and third.

Xavi helped Barca win La Liga so he'll probable edge. Ronaldo did score over 50 goals but didn't win either of the big two competitions.

that goal is completely over rated. Its not even the best bicycle kick ive seen

goodwillie scored one a few weeks (i think it was a few weeks) after for dundee united which was IMO better

Malcolm Tucker

goodwillie scored one a few weeks (i think it was a few weeks) after for dundee united which was IMO better

He did, but it wasn't better.

Rooney's goal is unbelievably good. Maybe not the best ever, but probably the best of the year. Hence the nomination.

I hate Rooney as much as the next man but that goal was ridiculous

Agreed Its abrilliant goal but hes in the box and not going to reach it any other way so throws himself at it.

I seem to remember a Berbatov one from a season or so back that I remember being better, where he controled it first. More technique involved.

And then there is the king of bicycle kicks Batistuta. Remember him scoring one from about 20 odd yards, unbelievable power.

This is from memory so I hope no one digs them up showing them to be total shite haha :ninja:

Carl Spackler

Goal of the year nominees can be seen here: http://www.fifa.com/...ward/index.html

Messi, Neymar and Rooney.

All crackers, but it's Neymar's effort for me.

They are all brilliant but different. Rooney's is the best strike, Neymar's is the best individually and Messi's the most audacious. You could give it to any one of them.

Player of the year is Messi by a good country mile though.

Sergio Garcia

Agreed Its abrilliant goal but hes in the box and not going to reach it any other way so throws himself at it.

I seem to remember a Berbatov one from a season or so back that I remember being better, where he controled it first. More technique involved.

And then there is the king of bicycle kicks Batistuta. Remember him scoring one from about 20 odd yards, unbelievable power.

This is from memory so I hope no one digs them up showing them to be total shite haha :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfUvSZukjZM

They are all brilliant but different. Rooney's is the best strike, Neymar's is the best individually and Messi's the most audacious. You could give it to any one of them.

Player of the year is Messi by a good country mile though.

Without seeing the list I'm guessing it was the one vs Arsenal, where he flicks it up vertically (almost impossibly so) over the keeper and volleys it home ... at the time the commentators didn't even see what he had done ... it was an absolute ridiculous piece of skill ... and Iniesta's part in it wasn't too shabby either.

I'd certainly take that one over Rooney's any day of the week.

fabienleclerq

Are you serious!?

Rooney watches that all the way unbelievable tekkers Berba's was good but nowhere near as good.

Neymar for me.

For all the praise Rooney's goal deserves, he does hit it with his shin. Surely a shinner can't win the most beautiful goal of 2011?!?

It has to be Neymar. There's two bits of skill there which would need me to dislocate my knees before even attempting them. The finish isn't half bad either considering the pressure he's under.

loveofthegame

For individual brilliance, it has to go to Neymar IMO.

However, anyone who says Rooneys goal isn't one of the all time great goals, given the match it was scored in, the score at the time, the league it was scored in etc etc is having an absolute laugh.

However, anyone who says Rooneys goal isn't one of the all time great goals, given the match it was scored in, the score at the time, the league it was scored in etc etc is having an absolute laugh.

:lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

So he meant to shin it then?

:facepalm:

Archived