The Rise and Fall of the Romanof Empire

JohnB

I was never sure of what had led to Romanov taking Kaunus out of the "A" Lyge and into the amateur ranks. I believed it to have been in a fit of pique.

This article which I just came across, spells it out in detail.

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

If it's accurate, it rather blows out of the water any idea that Romanov is a poor wee soul hard done-to by

the authorities - football and otherwise - as he appeared to be up to his neck in all sorts of underhand activities/power struggles

in Lithuania. Having been ousted there and more or less given the same sort of treatment here you can only wonder what his next move

will be.

As I said, it's maybe old but well worth a read.

southside1874

I was never sure of what had led to Romanov taking Kaunus out of the "A" Lyge and into the amateur ranks. I believed it to have been in a fit of pique.

http://soccerlens.co...v-empire/27087/

If it's accurate, it rather blows out of the water any idea that Romanov is a poor wee soul hard done-to by

the authorities - football and otherwise - as he appeared to be up to his neck in all sorts of underhand activities/power struggles

in Lithuania. Having been ousted there and more or less given the same sort of treatment here you can only wonder what his next move

will be.

Without reading the article. Romanov is a psychopath who wants control. if he doesn't get it then he isn't interested. He moves on to something else. How he disposes of Hearts is a concern but his investment in the club will be a huge factor. If he can turn the club around to make a profit then it has a value. His next move with Hearts can determine his credibility. He bought Hearts to put himself in the international window and how he deals with things will have some affect on his whole business.

John Gentleman

Without reading the article. Romanov is a psychopath who wants control. if he doesn't get it then he isn't interested. He moves on to something else. How he disposes of Hearts is a concern but his investment in the club will be a huge factor. If he can turn the club around to make a profit then it has a value. His next move with Hearts can determine his credibility. He bought Hearts to put himself in the international window and how he deals with things will have some affect on his whole business.

I agree. He condemns those in the Scottish game who exercise control, but would dearly love to be in that position himself. The classic brainprint of a psychopath. He can't get it though........so the toys go oot the pram.

He'll get his....

Only thing I would say in his support, is that when he first arrived at Hearts, every monkey in Scotland was trying to ruin his name. The fact is they couldn't and BBC ended up showing a documentary in relation to him that proved absolutely nothing!

Probably worth rerading the article then tbh.

Your summary is correct in so far as he is a psychpath, but his motivations (insofar as anyone can understand them) in some of the lunacy he's spouted and the state he has left the club in seem to lend themselves more to not being being down to not being able to enact exactly the same type of corruption in Scotland as he did in Lithuania.

Maybe the SFA are corrupt, I don tknow, but if they are Vlads anger is that they're corrupt in the "the wrong way".

http://soccerlens.co...v-empire/27087/

will be.

It was a story well worth reading at the time and it's still worth reading now. It gives a good insight as to how a real mafia can function in a national football association. It also puts all Romanov's rants about the Scottish game in perspective. I'm not sure which has been more astonishing - the utter cack he has spouted in his rants about the game in Scotland or the naivety of those on here who held him up as some kind of campaigner for justice and equality.

Vladimir Romanov, mafioso.

It was a story well worth reading at the time and it's still worth reading now. It gives a good insight as to how a real mafia can function in a national football association. It also puts all Romanov's rants about the Scottish game in perspective. I'm not sure which has been more astonishing - the utter cack he has spouted in his rants about the game in Scotland or the naivety of those on here who held him up as some kind of campaigner for justice and equality.

Vladimir Romanov, mafioso.

I agree.

Mr clean up the game seems to have been up to his knees in mud back home. :D Still at least the wicked circumstances are only in the Scottish game.

In addition I think that much of the histrionics of the last few years has been a result of his embarassment that he does not have the wealth required to back up his talk about winning titles and the like.

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

will be.

That's one scary article. Unrealistic to think he'd behave one way on home turf and not attempt the same things here.

I agree.

Mr clean up the game seems to have been up to his knees in mud back home. :D Still at least the wicked circumstances are only in the Scottish game.

In addition I think that much of the histrionics of the last few years has been a result of his embarassment that he does not have the wealth required to back up his talk about winning titles and the like.

I think that is exactly how it is!

Only thing I would say in his support, is that when he first arrived at Hearts, every monkey in Scotland was trying to ruin his name. The fact is they couldn't and BBC ended up showing a documentary in relation to him that proved absolutely nothing!

The fact is the media went for him when they realised he was a charlatan.

I'd not read this piece before, and it's a great find. For those who regard Scottish football as 'corrupt', would they like to imagine the following?

1. Rangers are bought by a wealthy banker.

2. The wealthy banker's bank forms a sponsorship deal with Hearts. As a result, Hearts are now effectively controlled by Rangers.

3. Rangers sign a ton of sub-standard local players, who are all loaned out to other clubs. Dundee United begin a new season with an entire squad of Rangers loanees.

4. When Celtic are in contention on the last day, the SFA and SPL - run by officials from the wealthy banker's bank - accuses them of matchfixing, and unilaterally awards the title to Rangers.

5. When, despite all this, Rangers are overtaken, the wealthy banker demands that all referees should henceforth be chosen by the Rangers Chairman.

6. When the SFA refuse this, Rangers and Hearts resign from the league.

He's some boy. :yucky:

Archived