JJ`s Signings.....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

How much money is being pissed away on these 4??

Hamill - :cornette:

Sutton - :vrface:

Tauoil - :vrface:

Grainger - Looked good for about month, so still 50/50 on him.

Drylaw Hearts

Thing is most were agreed at the start of the season these looked like decent enough signings.

Correct.

I think the change of manager hasn't helped anyones performances so far this season.

Walter Bishop

Correct.

I think the change of manager hasn't helped anyones performances so far this season.

I would agree with this to an extent but Hamill and Sutton look very very poor aquisitions.

All they players are good players SPL wise, they were signed by a manger to do a specific job just before he was emptied.

Tauoil has been amongst our better players more often than not when given a chance. Grainger was good before injury. Jury's out in Sutton and have been very underwhelmed by Hamill. Some shocking set pieces.

ToadKiller Dog

Taouil looks decent enough if a little light weight .

Sutton would preform in a set up that would suit his style as at Murderwell ,we dont play that style ,but looks to be adappting a bit in the recent run of games would be fairer to judge him after a few more starts if he gets them .

Dont have aproblem with Grainger except he is injured which is not his fault .

Hammil has dissapointed badly after a resonable start , since his bottle crashed in front of the mental St Johnstone support at the loss in perth he hasnt looked the same player .

Tauoil has been amongst our better players more often than not when given a chance. Grainger was good before injury. Jury's out in Sutton and have been very underwhelmed by Hamill. Some shocking set pieces.

Since when is he our "Dead Ball Expert"?

Crap free kicks, crap corners, and yesterday a crap penalty? Yet the best striker of a ball (Rudi) stands by and watches.....

He is without doubt the worst of the 4.

Two players from Kilmarnock, one from Motherwell and one from St Johnstone, hardly think too much would've spent signing them considering they would've been on a lot less that they are now.

For me, Grainger was always signed as back-up for Wallace just incase he did end up leaving and he's done okay, Taouil and Sutton have rarely been given a proper chance until recently and Hamill is no more than a squad player along the likes of a Lee Makel or Neil Macfarlane type. If we had a proper right-back he'd be on the bench most weeks or filling in occasionally when someone in midfield was out injured or suspended.

The quality of the signings from the 3 clubs they came from has turned us into a mid-table team just like them, the players we've signed in the past have always been better than we get now except for the odd occasion when we've signed numpties like Kevin Twaddle and Kevin James etc..

Yet another reason why jamiej29 is not in the Clique.

I used to hate the clique....but now I know this little 'nugget' I like the sound of it!

Keep up the good standard :thumbsup:

Grainger has done the best out them.

Hamill I don't rate.

Taouil flatters to deceive. Looks good at times but not convinced.

Sutton I still think should get a run as part of a front two. I think he has proved he is a decent SPL goalscorer if applied properly.

Walter Bishop

:vrface:

Hamill`s corners are atrocious as are his free kicks and as someone said why does Rudi rarely take free kicks?? Taouil though very skillful looks too lightweight and his final ball is usually out of play or to the opposition, Le chat your probably right ?15k+ per week is a joke on these 4.

Sutton i agree is playing in an formation that doesnt suit him, anyone else notice how he appears to accept every decision given against him? He appeals for nothing and you never see him giving the referee a hard time i think he needs a nastiness about him similar in the way Kevin Kyle stands for no shit.

:vrface:

Hamill`s corners are atrocious as are his free kicks and as someone said why does Rudi rarely take free kicks?? Taouil though very skillful looks too lightweight and his final ball is usually out of play or to the opposition, Le chat your probably right ?15k+ per week is a joke on these 4.

Sutton i agree is playing in an formation that doesnt suit him, anyone else notice how he appears to accept every decision given against him? He appeals for nothing and you never see him giving the referee a hard time i think he needs a nastiness about him similar in the way Kevin Kyle stands for no shit.

insurance-application-denied-275x300.jpg

Glad to see most reply to this OP quite sensibly. In other words, telling Jamie he's spouting tosh of the toshiest sort.

There are a few issues here, not least that a manager is having to work with another manager's signings. Crazy kneejerkery from our owner, based on nothing to do with football. At a football club of all things.

As far as the signings themselves are concerned, I think we were all pretty happy with them were we not? All seemed pretty sensible at the time.

Hammil: I'd go as far as saying I was most excited about Hammil - I always really liked what I saw of him at Killie and thought he was a cracking young player. I had been calling for his signing for a year or two. He may well still come good. Or he may just prove I know heehaw!!! I think playing for Hearts, in Scottish terms, is quite a big deal and can take players a while to adjust to. Has been seen before from Elvis to Hartley and countless others.

Taouil: a very good player. He needs players around him - was well seen that he did very well in a Killie team which included Eremenko and Bryson. Playing in a midfield with Eggy and Mrowiec does not suit him but you can see every time he gets the ball he wants to make things happen and bring others into play. He needs guys with off-the-ball intelligence to help him. I can only think Rudi really has that at the moment from our regular first XI.

Grainger, I think we're all pretty happy with really. SOlid, dependable. His only weakness for me is his lack of pace. If he had that, he'd be very good rather than very decent.

Sutton, well I think there might have been a signing mistake there. UNderstandable mistake mind you. Not one of us was unhappy at his signing and I know for a fact that Neil Lennon wanted him at Celtic and congratulated JJ on his signing. I think most of Scottish football saw it as a coup. But he's looked slow, cumbersome and wildly short of ideas. THUS FAR. And that's the big thing... as with Hammil, he may well just be getting used to playing at Hearts. It's the biggest break he's had in a varied career and he's maybe just adjusting. I hope so.

I'm more than sure that JJ's plan was to sign solid, SPL experienced players who he knows and trusts knowing that he could then bring in some of the younger lads. I think the feeling was that we didn't have enough leaders or solid types who would help these young guys so that's what he signed. Whatever the plan, he wasn't allowed to follow in through and that's just ridiculous.

I'm not claiming JJ to be god or anything, in fact I think him a bit old school and cautious for my liking but I think with what has been going on at our club, neither he nor his signings can really be judged. People fail to take into account just how important morale is within a football club. JJ was fighting tooth and nail to keep the squad united and working for one another. What happens off the field has impact on it, without a doubt it does. I njust can't blame JJ, the new signing or even Paulo for that I'm afraid.

Claiming credit for smilies made by someone else wasn't enough evidence :smug:

All added up cost less than one Jose! Or even ruben wages! JJ in his time at the club took 2-3 million off the wage bill!

All added up cost less than one Jose! Or even ruben wages! JJ in his time at the club took 2-3 million off the wage bill!

In fairness, I think Nade, Kingston and Jose were all going to leave at the end of that season, regardless of who the manager was.

His pass completion yesterday must have been around 10%.

That's because no-one ever makes a decent run in the team. Off the ball movement is something we need to work on. Taouil hasn't played much but has looked good when he has played. Hamill and Grainger are good on their day but can be pretty pish too. As for Sutton he was doing well until PS dropped him out of the team and since he has came back in the last few weeks he has basically had to start all over again. Played well yesterday though.

Less than the wages of the players that left in the summer

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It was an attempt at a watered down version of what the Old Firm are masters at, stealing the oppositions best players therefore weakening them and strengthening us.

Unfortunately for us, it appears Hamill and Sutton were just going through purple patches, you always knew what you were going to get from Grainger - poor to average, and Taoiul is about the only one worth a sook.

So as a result, we've just added another 4 pish to average footballers to a massive squad. They've not made any difference whatsoever. I say this while admitting I was happy when we signed them.

i wish jj was my dad

I'm pretty sure that we would be getting a lot more from these guys if we hadn't binned the man who signed them. I still can't fathom out Mr Romanov's logic on that but that assumes that he has a rational thought process.

Not in any way ITK but suspect that the combined wage of these guys is about half what Bouzid and Ruby earned between them.

tartofmidlothian

Thing is most were agreed at the start of the season these looked like decent enough signings.

This and this.

Ryan Stevenson

Kevin Kyle

Colin Cameron

Thomas Flogel

Stephane Adam

David Weir

Gilles Rousset

Antti Niemi

Andy Webster (again)

Clearly the man had no clue, eh? :blink:

This and this.

Ryan Stevenson

Kevin Kyle

Colin Cameron

Thomas Flogel

Stephane Adam

David Weir

Gilles Rousset

Antti Niemi

Andy Webster (again)

Clearly the man had no clue, eh? :blink:

I can't believe you missed out Terry :(

Carl Weathers

His pass completion yesterday must have been around 10%.

Taouil was outstanding yesterday. So comfortable on the ball and made some great passes.

Great goal as well.

Grainger was the signing I was least impressed by but have been most impressed with. Make of that what you will.

People fail to take into account just how important morale is within a football club.

Watching the side yesterday should say it all to anyone who didn't already know.

tartofmidlothian

I can't believe you missed out Terry :(

You're right, sorry Terry!

:rofl:

A superstar in this team, let's face it.

Charlie-Brown

Apart from Grainger (as he's our only recognised left back) the other 3 could leave tomorrow and we wouldn't miss them at all - they haven't improve us one iota and aren't as good as the players they replaced (Suso, Kyle & C.Thomson)

Grainger has done okay, Hamill has been poor lately. When Grainger returns back I'd play Gowser at right back and drop Hamill. I agree his set pieces have been poor, time for Rudi to step up. Taouil looks decent and deserves a run in the team.

Sutton also deserves a chance in the last 2 games he has been involved in all our good chances he set up Rudi and and got the corner that lead to goals against ICT and got the penalty yesterday. It was good to see us go 4-4-2 I'd like us to stick will sutton and elliott as it may get us goals.

Not really surprising sutton hasn't hit form. Left out the team, Publicly slated by sergio for not being mobile and not been paid his wages on time.

In fairness I don't think the problem relates specifically to these 4 - there are several worse examples of first team squad members upon whom money is currently being pissed away.

The_razors_edge

You sign average players from average clubs you end up being average. Supported by our current league position. This in reference to 90% of our squad. As has been said on here already when our players do move on few will move on to a bigger or better club than HMFC because frankly most aren't good enough. No-one's battering the door down to sign our players, I can't think why...........

I would like to see evidence of anyone saying they would all be gash when signed?

Like Barr, everyone was delighted.

When they signed I thought Grainger and Hamill would be squad players. Grainger has had to be more. hamill should be even less. Sutton reminds us all of how good KK was. He is smaller yet more cumbersome than KK and while I have seen worse his famed goal ratio quoted by his fans is steadily getting worse, and he turns slower than a bus. Anyway it is all likely to be steadily downhill for a while unless we can offload the crap players (unlikely) and the young boys can make stunning progress. Some pay would help too Vlad as the business will be worth even less if we ended up out of the SPL!

Taouil and Sutton had decent games yesterday and taouil always plays decent when he plays.

Archived