Dylan McGowan

Mr Nobody

How are the team generally that he's playing for. Seemed to have a tough time yesterday. Still, hope the lad comes along well.

How are the team generally that he's playing for. Seemed to have a tough time yesterday. Still, hope the lad comes along well.

Very poor. They are bottom of the pile and 4 points adrift. In the A-League that is a big gap as there are salary caps and a fairly tight number of players you are allowed to sign.

As an aside Makela plays for Sydney out here as well.

Probably not a great game to judge him on as he got isolated up against Andrezinho on a few occasions.

Very poor. They are bottom of the pile and 4 points adrift. In the A-League that is a big gap as there are salary caps and a fairly tight number of players you are allowed to sign.

Probably not a great game to judge him on as he got isolated up against Andrezinho on a few occasions.

What's the standard of football like out there? Is it better than the SPL? More of a pass and move game I'd imagine.

Makela scoring there? I always believed a solid run in the team of about 6 games straight of him starting and he'd have started scoring consistently.

Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye on Sydney too now to see how Juho gets on.

What's the standard of football like out there? Is it better than the SPL? More of a pass and move game I'd imagine.

Makela scoring there? I always believed a solid run in the team of about 6 games straight of him starting and he'd have started scoring consistently.

As an A-League and old NSL stalwart..

The standard varies hugely from club to club. Brisbane Roar were recently undefeated in 38 matches, and played football that wouldve won them the England Championship. Down the bottom, Gold Coast, are an insipid bunch. We've recently had a very long off-season though due to new arrangements to lessen clashing against AFL and NRL, and many of the teams are very fit.

In the current state, Brisbane, Central Coast or Sydney would thrash Hearts. Newcastle and Melbourne Heart would probably still win too.

Billy Mehmet is having an effective year with Perth so I think it's worked out well for him. Francis Jeffers is struggling at Newcastle, whereas Craig Moore had a good stint at Brisbane and did a job for a few years. When Kevin Muscat came back, he started every move at Melbourne Victory...now that backline just hope one of their colleagues will pass the ball.

The last few promising young Aussies out of the A-League have gone to the following clubs: Borussia MG, Dortmund, Rangers, Norwich, AZ Alkmaar, Dinamo Zagreb. Not bad clubs for lads born and bred here.

As an A-League and old NSL stalwart..

The standard varies hugely from club to club. Brisbane Roar were recently undefeated in 38 matches, and played football that wouldve won them the England Championship. Down the bottom, Gold Coast, are an insipid bunch. We've recently had a very long off-season though due to new arrangements to lessen clashing against AFL and NRL, and many of the teams are very fit.

In the current state, Brisbane, Central Coast or Sydney would thrash Hearts. Newcastle and Melbourne Heart would probably still win too.

Billy Mehmet is having an effective year with Perth so I think it's worked out well for him. Francis Jeffers is struggling at Newcastle, whereas Craig Moore had a good stint at Brisbane and did a job for a few years. When Kevin Muscat came back, he started every move at Melbourne Victory...now that backline just hope one of their colleagues will pass the ball.

The last few promising young Aussies out of the A-League have gone to the following clubs: Borussia MG, Dortmund, Rangers, Norwich, AZ Alkmaar, Dinamo Zagreb. Not bad clubs for lads born and bred here.

I don't know about that. The game is a very different game because of the heat. There are players in the league that would walk into most SPL clubs as 1st pick. There are also some very average players in the league as well.

The standard is improving all the time and the teams are full of a number of ex-SPL players.

The website I posted the highlights on have highlights for all games if you are interested in keeping up to date on how players are doing.

Archived