exciting finish to yesterdays game

kamac1

Poor show from thousands of hearts fans who walked out early yesterday.

As for Stevenson, wasn't impressed with him last week with the drop ball incident but he made up for it yesterday for squaring up to mrowiec who saunters through games like obua, another gutless, heartless, performance. 10/10 Ryan for highlighting a very ineffective player going through the motions, showing not a care in the world, when Hearts were trying to take something from the game. Sergio should put him out on loan at the end of the month.

Stevo done nothing wrong last week. Why should we have given up an attackIng opportunity because one of our players got fouled?

Anyway on the rest of the post, I agree though why only highlight two players for not caring? We almost got away with being murder for the first 80 minutes. But in the end we got what we deserved. Nothing.

Stevo is our best player. A passionate Scottish international who knows what it means to play for Heart of Midlothian. He should be first name on our team-sheet every week and be captain.

I'm not even joking.

Stevo is our best player. A passionate Scottish international who knows what it means to play for Heart of Midlothian. He should be first name on our team-sheet every week and be captain.

I'm not even joking.

Honestly, if I were to be appointed manager, making Stevo captain would be one of my first decisions.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not even joking.

If you're not joking - you're mental.

Thunderstruck

As for Stevenson, wasn't impressed with him last week with the drop ball incident but he made up for it yesterday for squaring up to mrowiec who saunters through games like obua, another gutless, heartless, performance. 10/10 Ryan for highlighting a very ineffective player going through the motions, showing not a care in the world, when Hearts were trying to take something from the game. Sergio should put him out on loan at the end of the month.

The slight problem with what you say is that Davy-O actually made a difference when he came on. Playing in a deep position he got himself forward and started causing some damage round their penalty box. A couple of good aerial challenges with good knock downs to create chances.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'm not even joking.

He's not a Scottish international though is he?

So it's just me that Stevo was embarrassing then? I can't stand Mrowiec, and Stevenson was right to tell him to get it forward but putting hands on your own team mate is bang out of order IMO.

loveofthegame

People had every right to leave after that hideous performance. I was there until the end, but I don't blame those who left for doing so.

I would have left if I were on my own.

Sticking around in sub zero temperatures to watch that shyte?

:keys:

Oh, and as for the exciting end, if you call going from absolute pish to just pish 'exciting' then fair play to you.

I never moved from my seat when whoever it was who scored for us hit the net.

I'm not in the habit of celebrating clawing back a potential draw in the latter stages against St Johnstone.

The seethe for Mrowiec on thhis board is ridiculous. He may be limited in his ability but to say he doesn't try and saunters through games is utter b0ll0cks.

For me every team needs a Mrowiec; a solid, dependable, hard working player who tracks back, covers for others, sticks the tackles in and keeps it simple. These type of players let the more talented and forward going players get on with their job.

I have no time for players who criticise or attack others when they make mistakes.

The problem with Zal, Mrowiec etc. is that the mistakes they make are magnified because of the positions they play. How many times will a midfielder or forward misplace a pass or miss control a ball in a game, but because of their position it tends not to lead to anything dangerous.

We are asking our defence players to play out from the back and to try and play football. That means they will lose the ball now and a game. Other teams are getting wise to this so they are pressing higher up the park, putting us under more pressure, this is forcing our defenders into mistakes.

We are going through a sticky patch, however if our forwards/midfielders were taking their chances the defence would be under less pressure.

You also have to remember that the players are playing without wages, while being told they are not wanted, yet they are putting in a good shift when they could easily chuck it and make like a lot more difficult for Hearts.

Can we not show them them the same loyalty and support and lay of the witch hunts after every game?

So it's just me that Stevo was embarrassing then? I can't stand Mrowiec, and Stevenson was right to tell him to get it forward but putting hands on your own team mate is bang out of order IMO.

I think everyone know he was out of order.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I wish Mrowiec rammed the nut on him.

Arsehole behaviour from a supposed team mate.

You wouldn't see him doing it to a popular player like Rudi.

The Old Tolbooth

I left at half time and went to Tynie Arms, first time in my life I've walked out at half time and I don't regret it one bit! That first half performance was absolutely disgusting and to me it looked like the players just don't give a shit, and then I remembered they hadn't been paid, and I thought to myself that if I hadn't been paid then I wouldn't have given a shit either!

A few of the lads at the game actually said that if the unpaid players turn round and said they weren't going to play, then we'd support them 100% in their decision, Romanov is only harming our club with his stupid antics and we'll be dragged into a relegation dogfight sooner rather than later if we don't sort this out.

Criticise Mrowiec's ability all you want, but to say he is gutless and doesn't care is an absolute joke of a comment.

Stevo is our best player.

:cornette:

Aye but really he isn't.

He also behaved like a **** yesterday. Picking on a team mate the crowd are on the back of for brownie points is cowardly behaviour. That's not a captain FFS.

I thought Mrowiec had a half-decent game yesterday (relative to the overall performance, that is), especially second half.

I don't know what Stevenson thought he was doing. The passion's good if correctly channeled.

There were some bits near the end where they tried to build from the back as they've been coached; you could sense the crowd's frustration (understatement). But actually, from what I remember, the build up play to our goal involved a few intricate passes (in the St J half), during which there were people around me urging them to lump the ball forward. If the team had heeded the crowd's advice we wouldn't have had Taoul's goal (and the exciting finish).

What kind of performances can we expect if we don't pay the players? Once again, we saw yesterday that Vlad's strategy of "spend a lot but pay no attention to how to motivate people" was exposed by a team with a fraction of our resources. If only some Hearts-minded people could buy him out.

I think a lot of the fans didn't actually realise how early in the game it was. A lot of people where I was sitting got up and left at 77 minutes but I think that was partly due to the fact the 2nd half must have kicked off a wee bit late. Felt sorry for Taouil though because he was one player yesterday who really deserved a goal and with it being his first for us, it was a shame we didn't show our appreciation as much. Apart from that though, I wouldn't say it was an exciting finish to yesterday, it was more frustrating. That ball just didn't want to go in for us and at times you have to wonder how unlucky we really are.

winston churchill

He's not a Scottish international though is he?

Carrying the hampers and standing in the wall for the free kick training sessions = Scottish International on kickback :lol:

scottish_chicP

I couldn't feel my legs or feet and decided to leave when they scored the penalty. Gutted I missed us turn the game around....oh no wait we still got beat eh! dry.gif

Francis Albert

Injury time was certainly the most exciting part of the game - just a pity there wasn't more of it. 2 minutes? There were four substitutions in the second half (admittedly one a double, so maybe counts as one). How long did the ref and linesman take to sort out who that throw in was awarded to? And with the ref always insisting that players wait until the whistle before taking a free kick (why should the defence always be given all the time they want to organise?) why wasn't any of that wasted time added on?

I would have left if I were on my own.

Sticking around in sub zero temperatures to watch that shyte?

:keys:

Oh, and as for the exciting end, if you call going from absolute pish to just pish 'exciting' then fair play to you.

I'm not in the habit of celebrating clawing back a potential draw in the latter stages against St Johnstone.

fair comments from you why don't you start following hibs their fans have deserted them in droves for many years. If you thought that was bad yesterday then you are too young to remember 76 to 82 those years were really hard on hearts fans, the worst period in the club's history.

The seethe for Mrowiec on thhis board is ridiculous. He may be limited in his ability but to say he doesn't try and saunters through games is utter b0ll0cks.

For me every team needs a Mrowiec; a solid, dependable, hard working player who tracks back, covers for others, sticks the tackles in and keeps it simple. These type of players let the more talented and forward going players get on with their job.

I have no time for players who criticise or attack others when they make mistakes.

The problem with Zal, Mrowiec etc. is that the mistakes they make are magnified because of the positions they play. How many times will a midfielder or forward misplace a pass or miss control a ball in a game, but because of their position it tends not to lead to anything dangerous.

We are asking our defence players to play out from the back and to try and play football. That means they will lose the ball now and a game. Other teams are getting wise to this so they are pressing higher up the park, putting us under more pressure, this is forcing our defenders into mistakes.

We are going through a sticky patch, however if our forwards/midfielders were taking their chances the defence would be under less pressure.

You also have to remember that the players are playing without wages, while being told they are not wanted, yet they are putting in a good shift when they could easily chuck it and make like a lot more difficult for Hearts.

Can we not show them them the same loyalty and support and lay of the witch hunts after every game?

remember levein v's graham hogg at starks park, Levein decked Hogg that was a thousand times worse than what stevenson did to mrowiec yesterday only difference was stevenson was totally correct with his actions. Most of the players were trying like hell to salvage something from the game, twice one pace mrowiec dithers about wasting precious time deep in his own half he could have passed to Kello or any other defender to start building a move. Hope Stevenson gave him it mega tight in the dressing room after the game. Long overdue for mrowiec to be dropped too many lacklustre performance. Wages these players are earning a hell of a lot of cash and not giving enough in return

It's quite simple, we just lost a second goal through the penalty. If folk want to leave a few minutes early then that's up to them. I left as Obua and Stevenson came on but come on, you're losing 2-0, it's fekin baltic, i don't blame them for leaving early, had it been early or late season when the weather's better i doubt so many would've gone away.

Francis Albert

remember levein v's graham hogg at starks park, Levein decked Hogg that was a thousand times worse than what stevenson did to mrowiec yesterday only difference was stevenson was totally correct with his actions. Most of the players were trying like hell to salvage something from the game, twice one pace mrowiec dithers about wasting precious time deep in his own half he could have passed to Kello or any other defender to start building a move. Hope Stevenson gave him it mega tight in the dressing room after the game. Long overdue for mrowiec to be dropped too many lacklustre performance. Wages these players are earning a hell of a lot of cash and not giving enough in return

?

Criticise Mrowiec's ability all you want, but to say he is gutless and doesn't care is an absolute joke of a comment.

joke of a comment to praise mrowiec for yesterday were you in hospitality yeserday afternoon or in the stands watching the game

:cornette:

Aye but really he isn't.

He also behaved like a **** yesterday. Picking on a team mate the crowd are on the back of for brownie points is cowardly behaviour. That's not a captain FFS.

People had every right to leave after that hideous performance. I was there until the end, but I don't blame those who left for doing so.

Think it was one of the worst hearts games i've ever attended. no passion, no desire, rubbish football and it was freezing. Dont blame anyone for leaving early

fair comments from you why don't you start following hibs their fans have deserted them in droves for many years. If you thought that was bad yesterday then you are too young to remember 76 to 82 those years were really hard on hearts fans, the worst period in the club's history.

Uberfan posts are my favourite.

What on earth are you talking about? Please point out where I have praised him. Fact is, though, to say he doesn't care or try is absolute nonsense.

And why would it matter whether I was in hospitality or in the stands? Can you no see the game from hospitality likes? :lol: I was in Section G as always by the way.

Walter Bishop

You just described Stevenson last week.

Snake Plissken

Now in the desperation some have to paint Mrowiec as the scapegoat, they've resorted to complete fabrication.

I have to agree with the OP on this one, we should have got something from the game on our second half performance especially after going 2 down, however, that first half performance :angry::verymad:

Can't believe that yet again I have attended a match where the opposition score with virtually the only shots they had on target either. Kello only had 3 things to do, and two of those were to pick the ball out the back of the net. that's if you don't count having to quickly get Zaliukas out of jail several times.

ach away.....it was heat of the moment stuff and Mrowiec was farting about with the ball with just 5 mins to go. You have to abandon short passing in yer own half when the clock is ticking down and you need to get back in the game.......if he is keeping it on the deck he should be looking to play it down the wings or to someone in space in midfield...not knocking nothing passes to Zaliukas.

We aren`t Barca, Man U or Man City who can pass and move for fun and cut open teams with a couple of passes......

Embarrassing??? ffs...

Exactly mate. People leave early as they are very frustrated with the poor fare on show. Leaving early is better than booing and abusing players IMO

Exactly mate. People leave early as they are very frustrated with the poor fare on show. Leaving early is better than booing and abusing players IMO

Damning with faint praise post IMO

ach away.....it was heat of the moment stuff and Mrowiec was farting about with the ball with just 5 mins to go. You have to abandon short passing in yer own half when the clock is ticking down and you need to get back in the game.......if he is keeping it on the deck he should be looking to play it down the wings or to someone in space in midfield...not knocking nothing passes to Zaliukas.

We aren`t Barca, Man U or Man City who can pass and move for fun and cut open teams with a couple of passes......

Embarrassing??? ffs...

It was embarrassing. Something you expect to see on a public park. I know players fall out all the time and by all means shout at Mrowiec to get it up the park and let him know you're annoyed. But for a senior player to push his own team mate who's already got the crowd on his back isn't on IMO.

RoussetsShorts

I've lost count of the number of games I've left early over the last 3 years - has been utter utter shite for a while with Csaba being responsible for most of my early exits.

I left after their penalty (was wanting to go at HT, to be honest) so it seems I missed all the drama?

What happened that's caused the Stevo bashing? And who scored for us btw?

The lack of reaction from those left in the ground was telling. Not a good sign.

And Debut 4 is right - we should not have been playing short passes across the back with a couple of minutes left to get an equaliser. The ball should have been lumped forward to their box, where Obua was winning just about everything in the air. This does not, however, excuse Stevenson's overreaction.

As for the pish that has been circulating since yesterday about our goal stemming from a series of passes...

The goal came from a rebound of an attempted shot by Rudi followed by a stramash (involving several players but not the ball) in which there was a possible foul on a defender; Mehdi picked up the loose ball and fired it in. Great shot, but not exactly cultured build-up.

I wish Mrowiec rammed the nut on him.

Arsehole behaviour from a supposed team mate.

You wouldn't see him doing it to a popular player like Rudi.

Spot on Alan- I think Stevenson is a good hard working player and would have him in my Team most weeks

Laying his hands on Adrian was bang out of order and made him look an **** :thumbsup:

The lack of reaction from those left in the ground was telling. Not a good sign.

And Debut 4 is right - we should not have been playing short passes across the back with a couple of minutes left to get an equaliser. The ball should have been lumped forward to their box, where Obua was winning just about everything in the air. This does not, however, excuse Stevenson's overreaction.

As for the pish that has been circulating since yesterday about our goal stemming from a series of passes...

The goal came from a rebound of an attempted shot by Rudi followed by a stramash (involving several players but not the ball) in which there was a possible foul on a defender; Mehdi picked up the loose ball and fired it in. Great shot, but not exactly cultured build-up.

If you really want to nit pick about the goal you could mention that Taouil hit it well but the loop it took after it deflected off the defender took it round the goalie! :D

Archived