Sutton

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm stunned this guy managed 17 goals last season.

Elliott was on for a fraction of the time he was and had about 5 chances to his zero. There is just no goal threat from him. Time and time again the ball was delivered into the box (OK, not perfect crosses) and he was nowhere near them. He's very static.

A few times he managed to get the ball in the box and you were hoping he'd turn quickly and hit it but he just seems to have an urge to fall on his arse.

He's quite clever with the few flick ons he wins and may do better with 2 upfront but honestly, what a disappointment.

I'm stunned this guy managed 17 goals last season.

Elliott was on for a fraction of the time he was and had about 5 chances to his zero. There is just no goal threat from him. Time and time again the ball was delivered into the box (OK, not perfect crosses) and he was nowhere near them. He's very static.

A few times he managed to get the ball in the box and you were hoping he'd turn quickly and hit it but he just seems to have an urge to fall on his arse.

He's quite clever with the few flick ons he wins and may do better with 2 upfront but honestly, what a disappointment.

eliott missed every chance he got as usual

Have to say I thought Sutton was one of our better players today.Can I also say that I will be happy if Zali and Hamill never kick a ball for Hearts again.

Some great debate so far lads. :laugh:

Is the general view that he was good today then?! Does he look like a threat to you lot? I can't see it at all.

Some great debate so far lads. :laugh:

Is the general view that he was good today then?! Does he look like a threat to you lot? I can't see it at all.

He won almost every header he went for, held the ball up well, tried his best to bring others in to play, won a penalty. Can't ask for much more?

He's not going to score 15 goals a season for us, but he'd be a lot better if he had another striker up with him rather than competing against 4 defenders for 65 minutes.

He won almost every header he went for, held the ball up well, tried his best to bring others in to play, won a penalty. Can't ask for much more?

He's not going to score 15 goals a season for us, but he'd be a lot better if he had another striker up with him rather than competing against 4 defenders for 65 minutes.

what he said!

The outrage about Sutton being out the team seemed to be based around us not scoring enough goals. Think he's had one shot from the edge of the box in the past two games while Elliott had about 5 decent half chances today from getting himself into the right position. Positions I don't see Sutton getting in.

I don't see it at all.

Roy Croppers Handbag

The outrage about Sutton being out the team seemed to be based around us not scoring enough goals. Think he's had one shot from the edge of the box in the past two games while Elliott had about 5 decent half chances today from getting himself into the right position. Positions I don't see Sutton getting in.

I don't see it at all.

Majority of the chances Elliott had were due to the work of Sutton IMO.

I don't see it at all.

Sutton and Elliot are two totally different players though. Sutton needs another striker to show the form he managed at Motherwell, remember he was playing with a striker far better than what we've got. I agree he's not a goal scoring threat for us, but that'll be as much to do with the service he gets rather than his form.

Sutton with Elliot/Smith would work very well in our pishy league.

Did better at flicking the ball on and taking it down when it was played to him, but that's the very least I'd expect from my striker. When he did get the ball, he wanted ages to turn and either get his shot in or lay it off, that broke down a handful of chances I can remember. He was mediocre at best, hopefully he'll continue to improve, but on today's performance AP is correct with his assessment.

We brought him in to be that 15 goals a season striker, so if he's not going to do that then we need to look at our other options and how we can possibly forge a decent striking partnership.

I take it NatCarr wasn't watching Taouil today?

Playing with a strike partner probably helped him, like.

As did having players who didn't hit the first man with their crossing.

Did better at flicking the ball on and taking it down when it was played to him, but that's the very least I'd expect from my striker. When he did get the ball, he wanted ages to turn and either get his shot in or lay it off, that broke down a handful of chances I can remember. He was mediocre at best, hopefully he'll continue to improve, but on today's performance AP is correct with his assessment.

We brought him in to be that 15 goals a season striker, so if he's not going to do that then we need to look at our other options and how we can possibly forge a decent striking partnership.

That's exactly how I saw it.

Very slow with and without the ball, offered no real threat but he did win the penalty though so I'll give him that. At the time I thought it was very soft but I've not seen any chat on that so assume it was clear.

I think we have looked more likely to score goals with Sutton in the side. Hasn't really happened yet, unfortunately, but it may come. Remember that our other forward players looked distinctly off colour today, so he was on his own until Elliott (who did well) came on. I like what Sutton has done in the last three games and I hope he gets an extended run in the team.

I thought the penalty was soft, but fair play to him for being in a position to force the foul and win it. I agree though, seeing him crawl up the field when we were on the break wasn't the easiest thing to watch, in the first half he seemed to drift out wide to support the play or put pressure on to win the ball back. Good to see that he was getting involved off the ball, but it meant that when we did regain possession and put a cross in, he was nowhere to be seen and the defence delt with it under no pressure at all.

Looked a lot better with two upfront, I think we can all agree on that. But I can't help feeling disappointed in what I've seen from the guy that was signed as the solution to our striking problems.

Taouil done well, I never said he didn't.

Taouil done well, I never said he didn't.

No, but you said Sutton was our best player, he was anything but that.

Gregory House M.D.

He was IMO

He's a big useless diving jessie.

Taouil MotM by some distance.

Taouil MotM by some distance.

Really? What game were you watching? His good goal aside I thought he was poor today and lucky not to be sent off especially after getting an silly (albetit soft) yellow card in the first half.

Giving the lino the "you need specs" gesture was very silly especially already being on a yellow, and then continuing his back chat to the officials all throughout the 2nd half.

Is the OP on the wind up? :ermm:

I think so or was watching a different game?

Really? What game were you watching? His good goal aside I thought he was poor today and lucky not to be sent off especially after getting an silly (albetit soft) yellow card in the first half. Giving the lino the "spec" gesture was very silly especially already being on a yellow.

Taouil was poor? :ermm: Are YOU on the wind up?

Who got MOTM (left before the end).

Jamtarts-1874

Christian Nade?

Taouil was poor? :ermm: Are YOU on the wind up?

Who got MOTM (left before the end).

Thats right because every sponsors man of the match is always correct! :rolleyes:

Please detail why you think that Taouil deserves MotM?

Thats right because every sponsors man of the match is always correct! :rolleyes:

Please detail why you think that Taouil deserves MoM?

Did he get it then? I genuinely don't know.

Taouil was at the centre of every good move we started, every time he got on the ball he was looking to start something and he scored a brilliant goal.

Nelly Terraces

Most of the players in Hearts squad are either average at best, or mostly, just shit. This thread is about Sutton, could easily be about Hamill, Templeton, Mrowiec etc.

Gregory House M.D.

Really? What game were you watching? His good goal aside I thought he was poor today and lucky not to be sent off especially after getting an silly (albetit soft) yellow card in the first half.

Giving the lino the "you need specs" gesture was very silly especially already being on a yellow, and then continuing his back chat to the officials all throughout the 2nd half.

I think so or was watching a different game?

Taouil was never disposessed all match and I can only remember one slack pass.

Taouil was at the centre of every good move we started, every time he got on the ball he was looking to start something and he scored a brilliant goal.

Yes he was the sponsors man of the match. You left early?

He ran in circles producing very little (ala Templeton).

Gregory House M.D.

:cornette:

Gregory House M.D.

:blink:

Great argument. Hard to disagree with.

Another outstanding analysis.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Great argument. Hard to disagree with.

Another outstanding analysis.

:Vlad-Stupid:

:rolleyes: You seem quite uneducated.

Judging by the responses you seem to be getting on other threads (i.e McGowan one) - I think we will have to agree to disagree and I'll pretty much ignore the rest of your drivel.

Gregory House M.D.

Judging by the responses you seem to be getting on other threads (i.e McGowan one) - I think we will have to agree to disagree and I'll pretty much ingore the rest of your drivel.

Oh dear. There's actually an ignore function where you can easily hide my comments so I can't get facts in the way of your slavourings of grade A shite.

Here To Help. x

I thought Sutton played well today, he held the ball up well and won most things in the air. Playing him as a lone striker however is laughable, I thought PS lost us the game today through poor team selection and poor substitutions.

Judging by the responses you seem to be getting on other threads (i.e McGowan one) - I think we will have to agree to disagree and I'll pretty much ignore the rest of your drivel.

:lol: :lol:

Yep left when the board went up. I thought he would get it, quite surprised anyone thought otherwise.

I'm perhaps being too harsh on Sutton here but I expected a lot more from him and I reckon others are keeping expectations low as they are just happy to have a striker on the pitch (understandable).

Certainly won't shed a tear if he is off in January though.

Yep left when the board went up. I thought he would get it, quite surprised anyone thought otherwise.

I'm perhaps being too harsh on Sutton here but I expected a lot more from him and I reckon others are keeping expectations low as they are just happy to have a striker on the pitch (understandable).

Certainly won't shed a tear if he is off in January though.

Fair point.

I agree, he will be away in January.

Anyone slating Sutton on todays performance knows little about football.

Sutton scored goals for Motherwell last season, did he play 90% of the game with his back to goal with NO support as he has done with Hearts?

It is our shite system to blame, create a chance by cutting the ball back from the bye line (something we never do) or play someone to support him (which we finally done too late) and he/they will score goals.

John Sutton is not the problem. We have a clueless manager and clueless players. Until that changes we will drop down the table.

Now if you want to talk about Hammill, there is one of the worst hearts players I have ever seen...........

no, paulo sergio is though.

In balance of fairness (and you seem neutral on this thread) .... what was your opinion of Taouil and Sutton today copperpot?

Sutton was our best player today.

He won nearly every ball, brought strength to our forward line and managed to win a penalty.

If we had a striker next to him all day, we would of done a lot better. Eliott should have scored at least one today, some poor finishing by him imo.

chester copperpot

In balance of fairness (and you seem neutral on this thread) .... what was your opinion of Taouil and Sutton today copperpot?

sutton good, taouill not so bad, despite the goal.

This shit is bad for your health. Too many wankers abusing our own players, especially when they've put in a shift. Medhi was MOTM by a coutry badword g mile tho

Archived