St Johnstone's first goal

Johanes de Silentio

Kello at fault and then he stood like a spare instead of scrambling back to his line, why he came for it with 4 or 5 defenders there I'll never know!!! There was no threat IMO

Johanes de Silentio

Have to say I was surprised to see Kello come for the cross, but, if he shouted for it, Webster should have left it, surely?

I agree with you about the slow-motion reactions, mind, but not just from Kello - surely a defender or two could have reacted better?

I wonder if the half-time inquest had anything to do with Webster's substitution?

Have to say I was surprised to see Kello come for the cross, but, if he shouted for it, Webster should have left it, surely?

I agree with you about the slow-motion reactions, mind, but not just from Kello - surely a defender or two could have reacted better?

I agree hamill I think could have got back on the line.

I wonder if the half-time inquest had anything to do with Webster's substitution?

Johanes de Silentio

I sit at the back of the Gorgie stand, and I heard Kello shout very clearly.

That's where I was.

I never noticed a shout, and initially thought Kello was at fault, but, if he did shout, it's Webster's fault for not leaving it.

Still surprised to see Kello come for the cross, mind.

Miscommunication - it happens, I suppose.

Very soft goal to concede.

Sit in Gorgie Stand in row 4 just left of goal and Kello definitely didn't shout.

I also notice Webster holding his groin area in the first half so looks like possibly another lay off for him.

Don't let facts cloud your judgement folks.

The fault must be laid squarely at the feet of Zalibombscare!

:angry:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Don't let facts cloud your judgement folks.

The fault must be laid squarely at the feet of Zalibombscare!

:angry:

You're the first person that's even mentioned him :facepalm:

You're the first person that's even mentioned him :facepalm:

Surprised it took so long!

After all, Sandy Clark and Paul Mitchell were blaming Zaliukas!!!

The brain rot is spreading!!!

Surprised it took so long!

After all, Sandy Clark and Paul Mitchell were blaming Zaliukas!!!

The brain rot is spreading!!!

You mean they were wrong....they started off with blaming No.6 then it went to Captain Zal and then Kello..

I decided to go shopping for soup ingredients...loads of veg.

I shouted Goalies ball when the cross came in and he failed miserably. The follow up was a cluster feck but it was his ball to take.

Personally I blame Obua. :ninja:

Seriously though, even if Kello did shout, surely some attempt could have been made to get back to the goal-line.

You mean they were wrong....they started off with blaming No.6 then it went to Captain Zal and then Kello..

I decided to go shopping for soup ingredients...loads of veg.

For "wrong" read "brainrot"!!!

I sit at the back of the Gorgie stand, and I heard Kello shout very clearly.

Im sorry but your wrong. I sit in row 2, behind the goal. Kello never shouted. Its his biggest weakness in fact. He is not vocal enough ever.

Re Webster. He pulled his groin in the incident and told Gowser shortly afterwards that he was ######.

Thunderstruck

I am sure I heard Kello shout for it from the stand and if Webster had left it he would have got it. The half-assed clearance fell for them and it was a good finish.

As for the substitution of Webster - he was massaging and stretching his hamstring for most of the half. You could see he was struggling to make up ground at times.

Apart from that, the defence was fine in the first half and they were limited to one other shot that was going wide although Kello played safe with it. In the second half Kello had hee-haw to do until McGowan's unfortunate clearance led to the penalty being conceded. This not meant as a slight on McGowan - he is young and has to learn and he deserves the patience of the support to allow his development.

The defence is actually OK and if the attackers took half of the decent chances, we could have had 3 or 4 today.

Keeper was coming into an area with no immediate threat, we had 4 defenders in there to their one attacker in the box.

If he stayed on his line the defence would have dealt with it IMO, so for me kello has to take the blame.

Kello at fault 100%. Judas didnt exactly cover himself in glory either. Wonder how long he will be out. To be honest he didnt exactly look interested while he was on.

Francis Albert

When the ball was played in my first reaction was "keeper's ball" ... and with no opponent really threateniing to get on the end of it, it should have been. Still, mistakes happen, and with about 89 minutes to play, it shouldn't have been fatal.

When the ball was played in my first reaction was "keeper's ball" ... and with no opponent really threateniing to get on the end of it, it should have been. Still, mistakes happen, and with about 89 minutes to play, it shouldn't have been fatal.

Correct.

Riddley Walker

I sit in G so unsure who shouted,

What i will say though - even though i have been reluctant to criticise Zal - is that Zal was terrible today. Usually his positional sense and quality in the air is good enough to deflect attention from his every-game-mistake. Today he made at least 5 obvious mistakes, fresh air shots, mis-timed headers, abysmal reading of the ball.

I've always been a Zal 'defender', but sorry, not good enough this season.

Riddley Walker

Webster has also looked a shadow of the defender that he should be.

Strolls through matches with the air of someone thinking about a game of Skelectrics with his 4 year old son's disabled mate.

Needs to improve.

Archived