Things need to come to a head and soon...

Martin_T

What we need from this whole mess is a resolution as soon as possible. Whether that be through new owners, administration or even (God forbid) the club going bust. What the club desperately needs is to end the current limbo one way or another and know as a club and as a fanbase which direction in which we are headed.

I think/ fear that things will escalate in the coming weeks with industrial action on the part of the players becoming almost certain. I mentioned briefly another thread but if we don't fufil a fixture through strike action, the precedent when Hamilton Accies players did the same back in 2000 was a 15 point deduction, which led to relegation for the Accies. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/720888.stm)

Short term results are almost irrelevant at the current time, we are in a fight for the very survival of our club and as back in 2004, we should be backing the players whilst making our discontent known to the current ownership. The louder we are, the harder we become to ignore, especially if the bad publicity over here undermines shareholder confidence in VR's Ukio Bankas back in Lithuania.

Sad, sad times for HMFC, but deep down I think we always knew that the divorce from VR was always going to be very messy.

Toxteth O'Grady

What we need from this whole mess is a resolution as soon as possible. Whether that be through new owners, administration or even (God forbid) the club going bust. What the club desperately needs is to end the current limbo one way or another and know as a club and as a fanbase which direction in which we are headed.

I think/ fear that things will escalate in the coming weeks with industrial action on the part of the players becoming almost certain. I mentioned briefly another thread but if we don't fufil a fixture through strike action, the precedent when Hamilton Accies players did the same back in 2000 was a 15 point deduction, which led to relegation for the Accies. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/720888.stm)

Short term results are almost irrelevant at the current time, we are in a fight for the very survival of our club and as back in 2004, we should be backing the players whilst making our discontent known to the current ownership. The louder we are, the harder we become to ignore, especially if the bad publicity over here undermines shareholder confidence in VR's Ukio Bankas back in Lithuania.

Sad, sad times for HMFC, but deep down I think we always knew that the divorce from VR was always going to be very messy.

The youth players who have been paid would probably be delighted to get the chance to play, i don't see it happening

Fermit the Krog

I think/ fear that things will escalate in the coming weeks

Not quite true, Martin.

You hope.

It doesn't matter how much you bleat on about it, change is going to be anything but quick.

We could still be under VRs stewardship, getting beaten by dross at home in a year from now.

That's the reality.

Barney Rubble

Not quite true, Martin.

You hope.

It doesn't matter how much you bleat on about it, change is going to be anything but quick.

We could still be under VRs stewardship, getting beaten by dross at home in a year from now.

That's the reality.

God what a thought .

Not quite true, Martin.

You hope.

That's the reality.

If that is the reality, it's an incredibly bleak one.

You know what happens to rudderless football clubs? They get relegated.

The People's Chimp

I think/ fear that things will escalate in the coming weeks with industrial action on the part of the players becoming almost certain. I mentioned briefly another thread but if we don't fufil a fixture through strike action, the precedent when Hamilton Accies players did the same back in 2000 was a 15 point deduction, which led to relegation for the Accies. (http://news.bbc.co.u...ball/720888.stm)

I can understand wanting some form of direction out of the current situation, but "even...the club going bust" is a statement, or mindset, I simply cannot understand. We do not need a resolution whereby the club goes bust.

bigsuperslim1874

Today is a glimpse at what the future holds - it aint looking good.

That is the worst performance in years and the longer the the wages issue goes on, its going to get worse.

What do smith and robinson have to do to get a game?

How is hamill ever a hearts player and why does he take EVERY set-piece?

In fact, there are a million questions to be asked about the team.....

There is very little which can be done about the financial peril of the club. No walk up attendance and no transfer fees in mean it is unlikely the players can be paid. UBIG actually accepting a bid from a so far unidentified buyer at the level the club is worth is a big ask too.

So what can be changed? Firstly would be great to see the Board resign to take responsibility for the mess they have made of the club.

And secondly the stubborn Sergio could change the way that his team is setup and introduce players who could improve it. Specifically Mrowiec out and Driver in for example.

Fermit the Krog

If that is the reality, it's an incredibly bleak one.

You know what happens to rudderless football clubs? They get relegated.

And we could. It would be foolish to think otherwise.

My opinion - the coming weeks and months are going to be very messy.

I can understand wanting some form of direction out of the current situation, but "even...the club going bust" is a statement, or mindset, I simply cannot understand. We do not need a resolution whereby the club goes bust.

My thinking there is that it would be better to have a quick death than a slow lingering, humiliating, painful one. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

There is very little which can be done about the financial peril of the club. No walk up attendance and no transfer fees in mean it is unlikely the players can be paid. UBIG actually accepting a bid from a so far unidentified buyer at the level the club is worth is a big ask too.

So what can be changed? Firstly would be great to see the Board resign to take responsibility for the mess they have made of the club.

And secondly the stubborn Sergio could change the way that his team is setup and introduce players who could improve it. Specifically Mrowiec out and Driver in for example.

Just as an aside, do we even know if Sergio's been paid?

And we could. It would be foolish to think otherwise.

My opinion - the coming weeks and months are going to be very messy.

Mine too, sadly. :(

My thinking there is that it would be better to have a quick death than a slow lingering, humiliating, painful one. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

Martin, Martin... he's not going to still be here in ten years, you know! Yes, it's shit at the moment, and bloody worrying, and it's surely going to get worse too. But in the end, things will come to a head one way or the other - and we all have to hope a solution is found.

Better to have a quick death now? I think not. I think never, actually.

bigsuperslim1874

The thing is, i wanted to lambast the team today but held back solely because of the wages situation.

Today was the first real signs of issues - on the park. Lack of commitment, not putting in challenges, fighting amongst themselves - we are dropping like a stone.

If the players do strike, and we incurr a 15 point penalty, things will be so bad that surely Save Our Hearts will have to come back - in force.

Our club is dying.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stop being such a ******* drama queen eh?

We narrowly lost to a team in form after controlling most of the game. Days like today happen.

The club is in the process of being sold and the players seem to willing to cooperate on the wages front.

What we can do without is drama queens like yourself who are boycotting Tynecastle and wishing a quick death for the club and for the players to go on strike even though that would be a 25 point reduction.

Listen to yourself ffs.

Martin, Martin... he's not going to still be here in ten years, you know! Yes, it's shit at the moment, and bloody worrying, and it's surely going to get worse too. But in the end, things will come to a head one way or the other - and we all have to hope a solution is found.

Better to have a quick death now? I think not. I think never, actually.

You've taken the quote out of context Shaun. What I wrote was that if the club is going to die, and I sincerely hope it doesn't, I'd rather it happened quickly rather than in a long drawn out painful manner.

Perhaps this analogy makes the club sound a bit too much like a family pet!

Exactly my point.

For the avoidance of any doubt, and before folk start quoting out of context, I hope the club survives this period and am optimistic for it's future if it does.

Alwaysinourshadows

The sooner romanov goes the better. Season ticket holder but I doubt I will be back until a new owner comes in or we finally sort out the wages. The players clearly aren't going to perform to their best so why should us supporters waste our time watching them?

You've taken the quote out of context Shaun. What I wrote was that if the club is going to die, and I sincerely hope it doesn't, I'd rather it happened quickly rather than in a long drawn out painful manner.

Perhaps this analogy makes the club sound a bit too much like a family pet!

Believe it or not, I don't think any football club ever suffers death by a thousand cuts. Football clubs seem pretty much unique in having more lives than cats: how many league clubs actually go out of existence altogether?

Sooner or later, things will come to a head; sooner or later, Vlad will be faced with a choice of getting either something back, or nothing back. And even he's not so stupid as to take the second option. At that point, hopefully, maybe, we can all move on under new ownership within our means.

Until then, it'll be shit - but would I swap places with Aberdeen or Hibs right now? Would I bollocks.

Believe it or not, I don't think any football club ever suffers death by a thousand cuts. Football clubs seem pretty much unique in having more lives than cats: how many league clubs actually go out of existence altogether?

Sooner or later, things will come to a head; sooner or later, Vlad will be faced with a choice of getting either something back, or nothing back. And even he's not so stupid as to take the second option. At that point, hopefully, maybe, we can all move on under new ownership within our means.

Until then, it'll be shit - but would I swap places with Aberdeen or Hibs right now? Would I bollocks.

Agreed, but with the caveat that we are in unprecedented economic times. My hope that we survive the Romanov era and emerge as a club run in a sustainable, stable manner.

Agreed, but with the caveat that we are in unprecedented economic times. My hope that we survive the Romanov era and emerge as a club run in a sustainable, stable manner.

As do we all, Martin.

bigsuperslim1874

We narrowly lost to a team in form after controlling most of the game. Days like today happen.

The club is in the process of being sold and the players seem to willing to cooperate on the wages front.

What we can do without is drama queens like yourself who are boycotting Tynecastle and wishing a quick death for the club and for the players to go on strike even though that would be a 25 point reduction.

Listen to yourself ffs.

Umm - not sure if your reply was aimed at me? I never said anything about boycotting the games????

Thats not a stage we want to get to - financially that would be a kick in the stanes we can do without.....

For the avoidance of doubt Martin do you even go to games? :rolleyes:

Yes I do, but no longer have a season ticket.

Had a season ticket for every season between 96 and 2008. Since the I usually make it to around 15 games a season. Gave up the season ticket for a couple of reasons, partially financial due to having a mortgage and thus higher outgoings, secondly because my dad and I felt we could no longer trust the club.

Listen to yourself ffs.

On a poll on another thread I voted I would back the players striking, however not if there is a points deduction for doing so.

Is there such a penalty because its news to me?

On a poll on another thread I voted I would back the players striking, however not if there is a points deduction for doing so.

Is there such a penalty because its news to me?

There would be a points deduction if the club failed to fulfil a fixture due to strike action. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

There would be a points deduction if the club failed to fulfil a fixture due to strike action. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

well it wouldnt come to that since the u19s are being paid would it :rolleyes:

well it wouldnt come to that since the u19s are being paid would it :rolleyes:

True, hopefully there is no need for strike action. Anyway I'm off out, have a nice evening :)

Strike but play the youngsters. It'll make a few on here moist at the thought.

The sooner romanov goes the better. Season ticket holder but I doubt I will be back until a new owner comes in or we finally sort out the wages. The players clearly aren't going to perform to their best so why should us supporters waste our time watching them?

agree with this, mehdi aside the rest were a disgrace, no one wants to work for nowt but they should say so then ****in well stand aside,

Charlie-Brown

Mercer announced early in 1993 that he was becoming a tax-exile and would listen to offers for the club ... it was another 15-18 months later in summer 1994 that Deans & Robinson managed to complete a take-over - it could realistically take at least half that time this time around meaning we had new ownership by next summer but it couldeasily take just as long.

We urgently need to take a decision on the players and possibly also coaches/manager we intend on keeping or moving on.

It would help team cohesion if we start to pick and rely on those with a future at the club and move aside those we intend to punt with haste.

We need to get everybody pulling in the same direction and fully committed. January cannot come quickly enough.

Alwaysinourshadows

Mercer announced early in 1993 that he was becoming a tax-exile and would listen to offers for the club ... it was another 15-18 months later in summer 1994 that Deans & Robinson managed to complete a take-over - it could realistically take at least half that time this time around meaning we had new ownership by next summer but it couldeasily take just as long.

We urgently need to take a decision on the players and possibly also coaches/manager we intend on keeping or moving on.

It would help team cohesion if we start to pick and rely on those with a future at the club and move aside those we intend to punt with haste.

We need to get everybody pulling in the same direction and fully committed. January cannot come quickly enough.

End of season cannot come quickly enough

Umm - not sure if your reply was aimed at me? I never said anything about boycotting the games????

Thats not a stage we want to get to - financially that would be a kick in the stanes we can do without.....

it was aimed at the OP chief dinnae worry :thumbsup:

Charlie, I'm not so sure as some are that January is going to help much.

Apart from the couple that their contracts end in January I'm not convinced we will rid ourselves of many.

Who is going to buy them or even take them for nothing and match our wages.

Sadly I'm of the opinion that only the ones we want to keep might go and even then not what we value them at.

The dross will probably remain until their contracts end bleeding us even drier.

bigsuperslim1874

it was aimed at the OP chief dinnae worry :thumbsup:

Ha ha. Its cool - just wasnt sure if it was meant for me or not!

As much as I'd like to have an owner concentrated on the good of the club in place, I'd much rather we continue as we are, rather than administration or "going bust".

I am genuinely bored with the spl. I would welcome going to new grounds a new challenge. The old firm have killed the game here and i for one would love a change

Drylaw Hearts

I am genuinely bored with the spl. I would welcome going to new grounds a new challenge. The old firm have killed the game here and i for one would love a change

What are the OF supposed to do - stop winning ?

I think/ fear that things will escalate in the coming weeks with industrial action on the part of the players becoming almost certain. I mentioned briefly another thread but if we don't fufil a fixture through strike action, the precedent when Hamilton Accies players did the same back in 2000 was a 15 point deduction, which led to relegation for the Accies. (http://news.bbc.co.u...ball/720888.stm)

Sams300dpiRGB_LightReverse.jpg

What are the OF supposed to do - stop winning ?

As much as I dislike both sides, I also often wonder exactly what it is that they do that they shouldn't be. Win all the trophies? Get bigger crowds? Sign players from other teams?

john brownlee

Listen to yourself ffs.

agree

As much as I dislike both sides, I also often wonder exactly what it is that they do that they shouldn't be. Win all the trophies? Get bigger crowds? Sign players from other teams?

They are only winning things due to wicked circumstances.

Alwaysinourshadows

Listen to yourself ffs.

How is the club in the process of being sold? nobody has actually made a bid and I doubt anyone will if Romanov sticks to his ?50m price tag

How is the club in the process of being sold? nobody has actually made a bid and I doubt anyone will if Romanov sticks to his ?50m price tag

BOLD claim right there.

When it come to those who goon strike im with Jeremy clarkson

What!! your a baw bag with poor fashion sense and bad teeth? Nice!!!

Archived