Euro Finals 2012 draw today

Budgie.

The other 3 groups look pretty tasty.

Group A - Russia :pleasing:

Yas!... England next out please!.... Meh!yucky.gif

kingantti1874

Holland, Germany and Portugal in same group :arry:

Holland and Germany will stroll it... Portugal have been poor for a while

Group A: Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.

Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.

Group C: Spain, Italy, Republic Of Ireland, Croatia.

Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England.

Poland, Russia, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, England and France to make the quarters, imo.

Get Zizou out of retirement! He could destroy England on his own - he could maybe do it without puking this time as well.

England have dodged a bullet as per.

Second easiest group.

At least France is not the last game. Also, would not fancy playing Ukraine in front of a home crowd.

Could have been worse when you look at group B, but I can see England struggling in that group.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Some great games in that lot.

I would say Ireland have a chance of going through. England could easily go out of that group.

If we had got through you'd fancy us to advance in the Czech's group. Frustrating.

Would I be right in saying England would get Spain in the QF's if Spain top and England finish 2nd?

Yep.

And whilst it looks quite a straight forward group so was the 'EASY' group at the World Cup.

England don't have a particularly good record against Sewden, France have improved under Blanc and facing the Ukraine in the final match...well who knows.

Would still expect them to get through though.

I would say Ireland have a chance of going through. England could easily go out of that group.

If we had got through you'd fancy us to advance in the Czech's group. Frustrating.

Absolutely - very open group. They could even finish bottom.

Yep.

And whilst it looks quite a straight forward group so was the 'EASY' group at the World Cup.

England don't have a particularly good record against Sewden, France have improved under Blanc and facing the Ukraine in the final match...well who knows.

Would still expect them to get through though.

Definitely not straight forward, just could have been a lot worse!

At least they didn't get Group A I suppose..

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Who do people think is going to be the surprise package (if any) next year?

I reckon the Greeks will make a good account of themselves. But won't be a repeat of 2004, that's for sure.

Patrick Bateman

Except for the fact that, under Levein's Scotland side, we are far too preoccupied with an outdated form of defending on the 20 yard line should we dare get the lead. We'd have finished bottom of any group because of his negativity and tactical cowardice.

Problem Officer?

Ireland pretty much have no chance unless they beat Croatia in their first game, but Croatia have only lost something silly like two in their past forty. Not much else needs to be said really.

England's group is tricky, anyone can beat anyone in that one IMO. They got the better host nation and the host nations always raise their game. France are on the up again, Ribery, Nasri, Benzema etc. And Sweden only lost 1-0 at Wembley the other week due to an own goal - Ibrahimovic could do the business.

A good draw all round I reckon. Group A could go any way and Group B has the Netherlands, Germany, and Portugal.

Scotland would have got a good draw by the looks of things (without taking into account the butterfly effect etc :smuggy:).

:lol:

:lol:

Predictions:

Round 1

Group A

1. Russia

2. Poland

3. Czech Republic

4. Greece

Group B

1. Germany

2. Netherlands

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C

1. Spain

2. Italy

3. Ireland

4. Croatia

Group D

1. France

2. Ukraine

3. England

4. Sweden

Quarter-Finals

Russia 0-1 Netherlands

Germany 2-0 Poland

Spain 1-0 Ukraine

France 0-0 Italy (aet; Italy win on penalties)

Semi-Finals

Netherlands 0-1 Spain

Germany 1-1 Italy (aet; Germany win on penalties)

Final

Spain 0-1 Germany

Tough draw for England IMO. On their day, Ukraine play football of a passion, dynamism and technique which no other side from the former Soviet Union can match. On their day, Sweden play football of a passion, dynamism and technique which no other side from Scandinavia can match. And on their day, France play football of a passion, dynamism and technique which a bunch of other sides from continental Europe no other side from France can match. :mellow:

A first round exit, Euro 92 style, beckons. And a crap, boring, low scoring tournament beckons too. :down:

Thanks GA. :thumbsup: Longest two and a half weeks of my life, that. :ermm:

Never mind that. A couple of months back, I suggested Turkey could be semi-finalists next summer.

:vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

And I told you they wouldn't even qualify.

:verysmug:

And I told you they wouldn't even qualify.

:verysmug:

And you also said that Mancini was shit. Regarding which... :P

And you also said that Mancini was shit. Regarding which... :P

And?

I think they should have been playing at a MUCH higher level last season than they did for the majority.

He's changed his tactics and now they're flying.

Last years Premiership was there to be attacked and all they did was sit back against the big guns, I think I the criticism was justified.

Proved wrong? Possibly. But I don't see anything wrong with what I said last season.

And?

I think they should have been playing at a MUCH higher level last season than they did for the majority.

He's changed his tactics and now they're flying.

Last years Premiership was there to be attacked and all they did was sit back against the big guns, I think I the criticism was justified.

Proved wrong? Possibly. But I don't see anything wrong with what I said last season.

He's changed his tactics because now he has the players with which to really go for it. Last season, their target was merely top 4, which was comfortably achieved.

It's step by step for Man City. That's the bit you missed, and is also why their board and most of their fans have always been happy with him. Those fans who weren't happy with him tended to also be those fans who aren't regular attendees.

He's changed his tactics because now he has the players with which to really go for it. Last season, their target was merely top 4, which was comfortably achieved.

It's step by step for Man City. That's the bit you missed, and is also why their board and most of their fans have always been happy with him. Those fans who weren't happy with him tended to also be those fans who aren't regular attendees.

He's only added Nasri & Aguero.

And Nasri has been a bit part player.

City struggled a lot due to negative tactics last season and could and probably should have progressed quicker.

Fair play to him though, it's all change now and they are flying.

Doesn't detract from your absolute shocker of predicting Turkey for the Semis.

He's only added Nasri & Aguero.

And Nasri has been a bit part player.

City struggled a lot due to negative tactics last season and could and probably should have progressed quicker.

Fair play to him though, it's all change now and they are flying.

Doesn't detract from your absolute shocker of predicting Turkey for the Semis.

I would add that Dzeko has found his feet and Mario has (last Monday apart) played with a bit more maturity. Two big players in their attacking options.

he probably could have taken the hand brake off (I feel like a Daily Star journalist for saying that) last season a bit more - but you could argue that the ends justified the means. CL was what it was all about last season - although that has not gone that well. Tough group, granted.

England manager Fabio Capello tells BBC 5 live that England will 'absolutely not' change their base from Krakow in Poland - despite being drawn to play all their Group D games in Ukraine. -

So they are going to play 2 games in Donetsk 900 miles from their base.

As long as you're fit enough to sign a cheque when England romp to the semis is all that matters,mate!;)

What I like about the draw is it gives me a fair chance of collecting; and you a fair chance of collecting. It also gives England a tiny little sniff of the semis (about a 10% chance or something) - it won't happen, though.

What I like about the draw is it gives me a fair chance of collecting; and you a fair chance of collecting. It also gives England a tiny little sniff of the semis (about a 10% chance or something) - it won't happen, though.

A fair chance is more than 10% i'd say,mate.Anyway we'll discuss this nearer the time....looks like you've got your hands full on here at the minute.Cheers for now!

Anyway, Euro 2012....

What about it? :)

No doubt there will be Irishmen everywhere dreaming of a just about conceivable quarter-final with England. One which would have this Englishman breaking out in cold sweats should it somehow transpire...

Geoff Kilpatrick

What about it? :)

No doubt there will be Irishmen everywhere dreaming of a just about conceivable quarter-final with England. One which would have this Englishman breaking out in cold sweats should it somehow transpire...

Looking at that draw, I don't think the Republic will be thinking that at all.

Italy to win it after three pen shoot outs.

Archived