Rangers might need to find ?90m within a year !

kingdannyb

Maybe this well be merged with the main Rangers financial thread but the Glasgow Evening Times says this:

Meanwhile, the latest accounts for the club show the debt due within the next year has nearly doubled to ?49.1million.

Long-term debts fell from ?38m to ?20.4m. In total, Rangers? debts are up 6% to ?69.4m.

I'm shite with finances and don't really pay attention to that side of football. Realistically, what's the chances of Rangers going bust? Or going into any other sort of financial meltdown?

Stuff like this seems to come out quite often but clubs always seem to survive - Portsmouth being the one that sticks out to me.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm shite with finances and don't really pay attention to that side of football. Realistically, what's the chances of Rangers going bust? Or going into any other sort of financial meltdown?

Stuff like this seems to come out quite often but clubs always seem to survive - Portsmouth being the one that sticks out to me.

Going bust's unlikely IMO.

Going into administration is nearly a certainty though. Also IMO.

Who is that by the way? :lol:

He hasnt posted on this thread and don't want to risk the automatic ban that comes with mentioning his name.

Maybe this well be merged with the main Rangers financial thread but the Glasgow Evening Times says this:

Meanwhile, the latest accounts for the club show the debt due within the next year has nearly doubled to ?49.1million.

Long-term debts fell from ?38m to ?20.4m. In total, Rangers? debts are up 6% to ?69.4m.

The latest accounts were apparently not signed by Accountants so are not the official position. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong but it doesn't mean they are right either. Unless you have access to a fully certified copy I wouldn't get too excited one way or another.

The latest accounts were apparently not signed by Accountants so are not the official position. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong but it doesn't mean they are right either. Unless you have access to a fully certified copy I wouldn't get too excited one way or another.

I thought all company accounts had to be signed off by the auditors?

Going bust's unlikely IMO.

Going into administration is nearly a certainty though. Also IMO.

....and the difference is what, exactly? :blink:

Gregory House M.D.

....and the difference is what, exactly? :blink:

Ones ceasing to exist the other isn't.

Whatever the truth is, I'm fairly certain that the GFA will do everything they can to keep the ugly sisters going. They are unfortunately here to stay.

I thought all company accounts had to be signed off by the auditors?

Yes, which is why they are worthless as they stand.

He hasnt posted on this thread and don't want to risk the automatic ban that comes with mentioning his name.

Is it Jesus? That'll be just after God said "You get to go down and live on Earth..." and just before God said "...and then they nail you to a cross".

Surely they will just sell Jelavic for 100 million! Problem solved!!!

Given it's Govan, more likely they will try to sell 100 million jellies.

Archived