Buyer Profile.....

Rudy T

I think before names get thrown about, we need to understand why someone would want to buy Heart of Midlothian FC and what they get( I'm certain there is more than I've listed but just a thought)

Non-Club related:

Edinburgh being a large financial centre (dont think thats worked for Vlad)

Scotland offers renewables energy oppertunities

Oil

Expanding international airport

Tourist Attraction

Club:

Large supporter base

Champions League potential (with a currently weak OF)

TV exposure through the sky deal

A promising youth team

Not suggesting for a minute Shiek Mansoor is going to buy us, but the location of the club certainly makes us more attractive to his type, with travel and energy being a major draw for investors at present.

Or we get someone who actually cares for the club, however, there's wasn't many of those around the last time so unless someone has trebled their wealth or won the euro lottery I can't see that being the option.

If Vlad is as serious has he appears to be he needs to do some promotion job of the benefits of our location - I'm sure his future press statements will start to allude to this. Todays little gem is clearly aimed at the potential of Hearts as a selling club section of the sales pitch.

The complete failure of the Romanov speculate to accumulate era means that it is very likely that the next couple of owners of Hearts will be fans of the club with the sole aim of keeping the club going.

Jambof3tornado

The complete failure of the Romanov speculate to accumulate era means that it is very likely that the next couple of owners of Hearts will be fans of the club with the sole aim of keeping the club going.

This would be enough for me. My only worry is regarding the stadium and having it leased back to us if it isnt included in any sale.

Barney Rubble

The way it stands asking price and all that the prospective buyer would have to be more loony tunes than Romanov . hope this helps :thumbsup:

Suspect Device

I think before names get thrown about, we need to understand why someone would want to buy Heart of Midlothian FC and what they get( I'm certain there is more than I've listed but just a thought)

Non-Club related:

Edinburgh being a large financial centre (dont think thats worked for Vlad)

Scotland offers renewables energy oppertunities

Oil

Expanding international airport

Tourist Attraction

Club:

Large supporter base

Champions League potential (with a currently weak OF)

TV exposure through the sky deal

A promising youth team

Not suggesting for a minute Shiek Mansoor is going to buy us, but the location of the club certainly makes us more attractive to his type, with travel and energy being a major draw for investors at present.

Or we get someone who actually cares for the club, however, there's wasn't many of those around the last time so unless someone has trebled their wealth or won the euro lottery I can't see that being the option.

If Vlad is as serious has he appears to be he needs to do some promotion job of the benefits of our location - I'm sure his future press statements will start to allude to this. Todays little gem is clearly aimed at the potential of Hearts as a selling club section of the sales pitch.

Etihad one of the names mentioned to buy Edinburgh airport :thumbsup:

2 + 2 = 64379064356546879875336589654 :lol:

Charlie-Brown

The way it stands asking price and all that the prospective buyer would have to be more loony tunes than Romanov . hope this helps :thumbsup:

A couple of the names rumoured to be interested might be more interested in using HMFC as a bargaining tool to further their property development ambitions even to the extent of resurrecting 2 decade old ideas to ultimately relocate HMFC onto greenbelt land on the western fringes of Edinburgh city bypass............

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Etihad one of the names mentioned to buy Edinburgh airport :thumbsup:

2 + 2 = 64379064356546879875336589654 :lol:

Am I the only one who doesn't want some mega-rich Arab sheik in charge? I'd love to see us run by someone with the club at heart, not for a profit or as a rich man's plaything, but because they care about the club. Maybe we wouldn't win all the time but when we did, it would mean more. That's kinda what being a non-OF fan in Scotland is all about!

OP must be a hobo.

Nobody is buying 35m of debt to acquire a 10m football club in a 2 bob league. Fact.

Evening news are hobo WUMS too. Fact.

Am I the only one who doesn't want some mega-rich Arab sheik in charge? I'd love to see us run by someone with the club at heart, not for a profit or as a rich man's plaything, but because they care about the club. Maybe we wouldn't win all the time but when we did, it would mean more. That's kinda what being a non-OF fan in Scotland is all about!

Mercer and Robinson both had Hearts at heart but were no strangers to taking out a heck of a lot more than they put in

Finding a rich Jambo with the club at heart and well before profit will be like finding a Hobo who seen them win the Big Cup, can but hope, well for a mega rich Jambo that is

A massive syndicate on millionaires who fancy a bit of fun and each plough in something each or a euromillions winning fan.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Mercer and Robinson both had Hearts at heart but were no strangers to taking out a heck of a lot more than they put in

Finding a rich Jambo with the club at heart and well before profit will be like finding a Hobo who seen them win the Big Cup, can but hope, well for a mega rich Jambo that is

Can't we just have a normal owner like virtually every other team in Scotland?

That would be sweet but at moment unlikely

Where's the fun in that? ;)

I understand (and agree to a certain extent) your sentiments - however, I've also always believed that with a club like ours, it is possible for a foreign owner to come in and end up loving the club as much as us, once they learn the history. I honestly thought that happened with Vlad - maybe it did, but it wasn't obviously enough for him to keep his commitments. (I remember a story that he had put in place measures to protect the club's interests in the case of him dying - a bit like Abramovich with Chelsea - but I doubt it happened now.)

I wish I could win the Euro millions, I'd give him M?20 and tell him to bolt and appoint Nelly T as the new chairman! :woot:

Barney Rubble

A couple of the names rumoured to be interested might be more interested in using HMFC as a bargaining tool to further their property development ambitions even to the extent of resurrecting 2 decade old ideas to ultimately relocate HMFC onto greenbelt land on the western fringes of Edinburgh city bypass............

Straiton ?

:what:

An Arab willing to spend millions and millions of pounds to win us the treble every year and getting it right up everyone versus some local roaster like Pat the Plumber or Robinson with the clubs interest at heart.

You'd have to be crazy to go down the local roaster and two trophies per lifetime route surely.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:what:

An Arab willing to spend millions and millions of pounds to win us the treble every year and getting it right up everyone versus some local roaster like Pat the Plumber or Robinson with the clubs interest at heart.

You'd have to be crazy to go down the local roaster and two trophies per lifetime route surely.

If some minted Arab took over I could probably get on board but aye, at the moment I'd rather option two. I think any trophy win after a massive foreign cash injection would feel a wee bit hollow. I'd rather we earned it.

(I realise I may well be in the minority here!)

EDIT: I'd better point out that I very much did enjoy winning the cup in 06, so maybe I'm talking balls.)

Personally I just want to see us win the title in my life time who owns us be it fans or a mega rich arab I couldnt care less. To win the league get it right up the old firm and two fingers to the media would be unbelievably sweet.

Problem Officer?

Personally I just want to see us win the title in my life time who owns us be it fans or a mega rich arab I couldnt care less. To win the league get it right up the old firm and two fingers to the media would be unbelievably sweet.

1000% this.

jamboinglasgow

If some minted Arab took over I could probably get on board but aye, at the moment I'd rather option two. I think any trophy win after a massive foreign cash injection would feel a wee bit hollow. I'd rather we earned it.

(I realise I may well be in the minority here!)

EDIT: I'd better point out that I very much did enjoy winning the cup in 06, so maybe I'm talking balls.)

I know what you mean, I dont it will be sustainable a rich foreign investor just throwing money at the playing staff, that happened in 05/06 and we had a great year (and depending on a few actions going the other way could have been even better) but we were left after that season with an increased debt and unable to do that again. Personally if we got a rich arab as a new owner, I would hope they put the money they have into the infrastructure of the club, the training facilities, more into the youth academy, and sort out the situation with the stadium. I would want him to modernise the way the club is run, both in the football side and a plan to make us financially sound. It will take a few years, but will leave us in a much bigger situation able to realise our potential and take us to the next level by growing organically (apart from the massive cash injection behind the scenes.) It seems most Arab investors who buy clubs in Europe these days do this, I do think there is a culture to invest to build (though Man City required massive upfront spending in players, there is a real long term desire to be self-sufficent and a world leader for youth development.)

Archived