Vlad.......

Drylaw Hearts

HEARTS FOREVER

If Romanov valued him at ?7m then why the feck did he sell him for ?1.1m?

Did someone have a gun at his head? Was it the SFA? Was it a referee? :blink:

Surely there would have been other offers for the Greatest midfielder in Britain, no?

Romanov is the biggest fool to walk into Scottish football.......ever!

Ill be so happy when he's gone. :down:

One of Vlad's main plus points was always that he refused to sell players to the Old Firm for less than they were worth.

But now, by his own admission, we find out that he did. :down:

I hope he knocks the ?5.9m he cost us on this deal off the asking price for the club.

If Romanov valued him at ?7m then why the feck did he sell him for ?1.1m?

Did someone have a gun at his head? Was it the SFA? Was it a referee? :blink:

This is also my view... For what its worth

Surely there would have been other offers for the Greatest midfielder in Britain, no?

Romanov is the biggest fool to walk into Scottish football.......ever!

Ill be so happy when he's gone. :down:

I see the 'vlad rimmers' are out in defence. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif How we got ?1.1M for Hartley beggars belief. biggrin.gif

Just to make sure that I don't get mistaken for a "Vlad rimmer" can I just check

Is that "how we got as little as ?1.1m for Hartley beggars belief." or "how we got as much as ?1.1m for Hartley beggars belief."

Clearly either Vlad is a zoomer for not getting enough or a complete madfud for even suggesting that he might have got more but I'm not sure which I'm supposed to be agreeing with.

Aside from the ?7m nonsense, the fact that he thinks a player who scores 16 goals (how many were PK's?) for an SPL team becomes the best player in the UK sums up his understanding of football - which is why we could never win while he was picking the team !!

By Vlad rational - Kris Boyd was better than Messi !

How come he keeps spraffing shite to the media yet the club still has the media ban?

Blah blah blah, more shite from Romanov slagging off hero's of the club. Shut up dick.

im guessin the ban is scottish media, im guessin this was taking from a russian/lithuainian article, im guessin your knickers need untwisting.

gorgie rd eh11

?7m for Hartley :lol:

Vlad desperately re-writing history and the usual rimmers lapping it up.

:teehee: What's a vlad rimmer? Someone who takes anything in a red top with a pinch of salt? If so count me in.

For those that pay any attention to the the red tops, it'll soon be dinnertime. :4_1_111:

How come he keeps spraffing shite to the media yet the club still has the media ban?

Blah blah blah, more shite from Romanov slagging off hero's of the club. Shut up dick.

Have you not twigged yet....he is a self publicist, and he's very good at it. He makes something up, the press lap it up, net effect both Hearts and Vlad get a back/front page headline and increased exposure.

Another good recent example from another company is the guy from Ryanair. He comes out with a statement that he is going to implement charges for using the toilets on flights, its the lead story on virtually every news channel, radio station, web site and newspaper in the UK that night. Huge boost in profile for the company and guess what, in the next few days he makes another statement revising the position....more headlines in the press. Truth is he had no intention of charging for this, but it was a eye catching story. The coverage he got from that was massive and whilst you could argue it was for a 'negative' story, at the end of the day if it got more people on to the Ryanair website, looking at the prices of their flights it was a positive.

I don't think Vlad is mad and I also think 99% of his statements are well though out as they all feature a large chunk of common sense and a dimension of lunacy , which is the part that grabs your attention.

Its interesting that this statement is made a month before the transfer window opens....

I wonder who the"five" were who changed their agent and announced that they wanted to sign for Rangers.

Webster would have been one. Remember he refused to go to preseason in 05 trying to manufacture a move to Hunbrox.

Who else? Velicka - his move to Viking for ?1M under the management of an ex Rangers player, then sold for exactly the same amount a few months later.

They seem obvious. The other 3? Probably figments!

You really aren't making any sense at all.

Stokes is a player who has moved around a bit and now obviously found the level his ability is suited.

I honestly don't see what the problem is.

He's better at Celtic than playing for some Championship team who'll never challenge for anything and an away match at Southampton is the closest they'll ever get to playing in Europe.

Just to clarify it's Brighton and Hove Albion :dunce:

The Mighty Thor

Surprisingly Romanov doesn't half talk some shite.

If i was trying to sell something at an incredibly over-inflated price I wouldn't be talking it down or talking down it's marketplace.

:teehee: What's a vlad rimmer? Someone who takes anything in a red top with a pinch of salt? If so count me in.

For those that pay any attention to the the red tops, it'll soon be dinnertime. :4_1_111:

Agreed.:thumbsup:

Hartley spent 2 years at Celtic before moving to Bristol, so maybe he wanted to come back to Hearts before signing for Bristol?

Hackney Hearts

Aside from the ?7m nonsense, the fact that he thinks a player who scores 16 goals (how many were PK's?) for an SPL team becomes the best player in the UK sums up his understanding of football - which is why we could never win while he was picking the team !!

By Vlad rational - Kris Boyd was better than Messi !

The 'best player in the UK' spin is put there by the journalist. When you get to the actual quote, you see that VR is only talking about PH's goalscoring record from midfield not being bettered, even in England - which is a different kettle of fish entirely. (Irrespective of whether the figures are accurate)

Similarly with the headline - did Vlad really want ?7million for PH? No, we find out later it was something he said on the spur of the moment when Hartley came to see him at 5pm on transfer deadline day. Did he ever ask Celtic for ?7million? No - it was a frustrated response to Hartley's personal request, to show him how much of a favour it would be if he let him go.

So although Drylaw posted earlier that there's a whole story "with quotes" - there are clearly large parts of the 'story' which are distorting the quotes.

The 'best player in the UK' spin is put there by the journalist. When you get to the actual quote, you see that VR is only talking about PH's goalscoring record from midfield not being bettered, even in England - which is a different kettle of fish entirely. (Irrespective of whether the figures are accurate)

Similarly with the headline - did Vlad really want ?7million for PH? No, we find out later it was something he said on the spur of the moment when Hartley came to see him at 5pm on transfer deadline day. Did he ever ask Celtic for ?7million? No - it was a frustrated response to Hartley's personal request, to show him how much of a favour it would be if he let him go.

So although Drylaw posted earlier that there's a whole story "with quotes" - there are clearly large parts of the 'story' which are distorting the quotes.

But also, you're no fun whatsoever. Stop ruining it!

Again through his own innuendo and masked by the rhetoric of a bay press, VR raises a good point. There's no way to mount a challenge in this country when every time a team comes close to looking good, the OF simply tear it apart. The Hibs team of that era actually had some very good players too and it was bummed into an unrecognisable pile of horsecack (hilarious consequences aside) by the OF.

It isn't so much the player who move, its the months of behind the scenes tapping up and agents advising their clients it's the way to go.

Don't want to go all Lawson but Uruguayan football is a great example. All the clubs decided to stop selling to the two big fish (even the big fish bought into it) and since then their domestic and national football has soared. Yes they still get picked apart by the Brasilian and Argentine leagues but atleast their domestic competition, which had an amazingly similar history to ours), is now competitive and vibrant. Will it ever happen in Scotland? No, of course not becuase anyone who suggests anything at all radical is simply laughed off as MAD!

Ay weeeel

:rofl:

Just goes to show you'd disagree with anything he said.

Trying to compare a move to the Old Firm with 4 of the biggest clubs in the world. Good lord.

Players with real ambition such as Craig Gordon move down south.

Pretty sure most of the players moving to the o.f would love for an English team to come in for them but if it's not an option......

Mr Romanov is going nowhere.....he is playing with the minds of the mafia and the Hearts fans.

He has always been a jambo and has maroon blood flowing throw his veins.

He is just taking a breather, will recharge the batteries and come back to haunt the Old Firm BIG STYLE

Tynie will again be rocking and we can look forward to even more Mr Romanov images being plastered all over this wonderful site.

I can't wait :thumbsup:

mr romanov spot on again.

i haven't bothered to read the usual babblings on the thread from the predictable motley rabble of haters.

:greggy:

Problem Officer?

"Romanov claims he wanted ?7m for the former Scotland midfielder in January 2007 because there was no better player in Britain at the time."

:facepalm:

He's just getting boring now, absolute tosser.

Problem Officer?

Tbf, we got ?9M for Gordon, so ?7M valuation for Hartley isn't as daft as it sounds.

:cornette:

Gordon was 24 and entering his prime.

Hartley was 31 and only had a couple of good years left in him, tbh.

Gregory House M.D.

:rofl:

Just goes to show you'd disagree with anything he said.

Trying to compare a move to the Old Firm with 4 of the biggest clubs in the world. Good lord.

Players with real ambition such as Craig Gordon move down south.

Sorry to split hairs but Chelski are the third biggest team in London. United, Barca &Madrid are lightyears ahead of that mob.

Gregory House M.D.

"Romanov claims he wanted ?7m for the former Scotland midfielder in January 2007 because there was no better player in Britain at the time."

:facepalm:

He's just getting boring now, absolute tosser.

Can you quote the part where this left Vlads mouth?

Cheers in advance.

Problem Officer?

Can you quote the part where this left Vlads mouth?

Cheers in advance.

Note the speech marks.

Now, it wasn't that hard to understand, was it?

Although perhaps for you it was.

Unless you're suggesting the journalist added that part in? :vrface:

Gregory House M.D.

Note the speech marks.

Now, it wasn't that hard to understand, was it?

Although perhaps for you it was.

Unless you're suggesting the journalist added that part in? :vrface:

:cornette:

You've again quoted the journalist and not what was said.

Feel free to try again. :thumbsup:

Tbf, we got ?9M for Gordon, so ?7M valuation for Hartley isn't as daft as it sounds.

To be fair, it IS as daft as it sounds! There were PLENTY of midfielders, let alone players in other positions, in England that were MUCH better than Hartley - and I'm a Hartley fan.

Romanov just makes a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth!

"Paul Hartley scored 16 goals from midfield in half a season - there wasn't even a player as good as that in England at the time.
But how could you compare, he was playing in a dummy league?

"And he came to me on the last day of the transfer window at 5pm and begged to sign for Celtic.

"So I said okay you can go if they give us ?7m. But they offered ?1.1m and I accepted it just for him.

So really he must have thought "i'd like ?7million, but i'll be realistic and take the going rate"

"Two years later he returns and asks to come back because they haven't played him!

No he didn't.

"Five players at Hearts then all changed agents and announced they wanted to sign for Rangers.

"It was because we wanted to break up the Old Firm - we were beating them

When was this?

Archived