Dilema

hearts_crazy

Question for debate:

Murderwell are still within touching distance of Celtic and having an amazing season so far.

We are miles off the pace due to a run of crap results

We can still realistically catch Murderwell and slide into 3rd (assuming an upturn in our own form)

The question is, would you trade us getting third place in the league, and possibly ******* us up for a place in Europe for another team challenging the Old Firm, splitting them (or better still winning the league, ridiculous notion I know but it is possible) and ******* them over for millions in Euro money?

I would, anything that stops these ***** getting money is a good thing IMO, and we can't stop them but someone else can.

Motherwell won't split the old firm.

We had a chance last year and ended up 30 points behind.

Tough question.............................................Is this the daftest thread of the day or is it the Building of a new tier thread?

We have more to worry about this season than where Motherwell finish (Which will be third at best). I think we need all the points we can get now in case we end up in a wheelless barrow!

The OF will finish 1st and 2nd at a canter. Not much point worrying about it

Yep.

Motherwell will be 20+ points behind Old Firm by end of the season.

Fact.

If Rankers do as expected go into administration in the summer, they would not be allowed into Europe. So murdererwell or whomever finishes in third would qualify for the qualification rounds to the champions league and smeltic would go straight into group stage. Does also mean that 4th place would get a euro spot plus cup winners( us obviously! ) interesting close if season ahead!

Sexton Hardcastle

Motherwell are due a bad run and some inuries.

Like Dunfermline a few years back. They were in the hunt for third and died a death. Depending on what happen in the transfer window im sure we will be in and aroundthe hunt again.

Prince Buaben

If Rankers do as expected go into administration in the summer, they would not be allowed into Europe. So murdererwell or whomever finishes in third would qualify for the qualification rounds to the champions league and smeltic would go straight into group stage. Does also mean that 4th place would get a euro spot plus cup winners( us obviously! ) interesting close if season ahead!

Would we get in with our solid financial footing :ninja:

As for splitting the OF. Nothing is handed out in November. Rangers with a 10pt dedcuton will still finish 2nd at a canter

Do people still think we are going to be signing in January???

Do people think Scotland still gets more than one team into the CL (and at the prequalifying)????

Question for debate:

Murderwell are still within touching distance of Celtic and having an amazing season so far.

We can still realistically catch Murderwell and slide into 3rd (assuming an upturn in our own form)

The question is, would you trade us getting third place in the league, and possibly ******* us up for a place in Europe for another team challenging the Old Firm, splitting them (or better still winning the league, ridiculous notion I know but it is possible) and ******* them over for millions in Euro money?

I would, anything that stops these ***** getting money is a good thing IMO, and we can't stop them but someone else can.

There'll be no place in Europe due to UEFA regulations if we're not solvent enough to pay the players wages in full anyway. Might as well play the u19s as soon as either top 6 is safe or relegation not possible and not care about anybody else, that's if we aren't already playing the u19s because everybody else is off.

Prince Buaben

Do people think Scotland still gets more than one team into the CL (and at the prequalifying)????

Rangers europa league run last year got us a group place for next season :rolleyes:

I would doubt Motherwell will split the bigotbrothers but if they do then good on them for having a proper scouting team and decent youth policy. They've signed some good players on loan these last few seasons and it hasn't done them too much harm, and they seem to have a decent young manager in tow, Hearts, take note.

Rangers europa league run last year got us a group place for next season :rolleyes:

Well that would explain Vlad's valuation of the business ;)

I take it you are unaware that we do have 2 teams in the CL again for next season?

Guest Dipped Flake

I take it you are unaware that we do have 2 teams in the CL again for next season?

We do have 2 teams in the CL qualifiers next season, the last time for many, many years to come. We don't have one team going straight into the group stages though so it's likely we will again have no Scottish teams in the actual CL next season

Now aware and surprised :blink: . The wee fish (OF) get a short swim again in the big pool and Motherwell get one or two games in Europa qualifying then I suppose. I will be glad if there is still a Hearts in the SPL.

Was looking at the Europa League group tables last night and noticed that of the two teams who knocked Rangers out of Europe this season (Malmo & Maribor), they have both played 4 matches in the group stage and amassed a grand total of ONE point between them.

:vrface:

Guest Dipped Flake

No group place for next season, just 2 places in the qualifying

I would doubt Motherwell will split the bigotbrothers but if they do then good on them for having a proper scouting team and decent youth policy. They've signed some good players on loan these last few seasons and it hasn't done them too much harm, and they seem to have a decent young manager in tow, Hearts, take note.

I would say our youth policy looks ok.

Question for debate:

So, to be absolutely clear, you'd prefer that we finished lower in the league and didn't get Europe to see one of the Glasgow two get less money? In answer to your question, as a Hearts fan, I'd far rather we finished as high up the league as possible and I'd like to play in Europe next year. I'd like both far more than Motherwell succeeding and Celtic failing, because I care more for Hearts than I hate them.

I think that the first word of your username is misplaced.

Archived