The Mhanks shop up toon to close .

Barney Rubble

Problem Officer?

Good - it's embarrassing having more Celtic or Rangers advertising/merchandise in Edinburgh than Hearts or Hibs as it just encourages more gloryhunting losers which is one of the major reasons why Scottish football is so crap.

Good. Sums up the problems of Scottish football that there was even a market for it here in the first place.

The closure would suggest that there clearly, and unsurprisingly, WASNT a market for it....

They might go for all that through west, but in a Canterbury-clad city such as this one - horrific celtic trackies were never gonna catch on.

Good, get that franchised little cess-pit as far away from here as possible.

Just noticed their opening one in Livingston. <_<

Good, get that franchised little cess-pit as far away from here as possible.

Just noticed their opening one in Livingston. <_<

But no-one cares about Livingston, so its ok.

takings are probably down due to an underlying prejudice against them. it would be just like all non-celtic supporting scottish people to shun their store.

mr mcbride will be seething.

Good stuff.

Always made me feel a bit sick seeing tourists walking about Edinburgh with Celtic shopping bags (I use the term loosely).

:yas:

I do believe the gyle had a Rangers shop for a while (years ago) and that was promptly closed. No old firm shops in Edinburgh now? The way it should be.

Once had a pish on the window after a night out..... Good times

My mate chucked a bin at the window in a drunken stupour after we beat Hibs at ER last season.

:lol:

Think he was relieved when it bounced back off it!

Sexton Hardcastle

My mate chucked a bin at the window in a drunken stupour after we beat Hibs at ER last season.

:lol:

Think he was relieved when it bounced back off it!

A Tim i know hurled a brick at an RBS in Glasgow after a night out. "British *******s" he stated.

Bounced back and nearly knocked him out.

Reminds me of the story i posted here once before, was walking along Princes St, stopped to cross and an American couple asked me if i knew where the Heart of Midlothian store is. They were told about the Heart of midlothian on the city tour bus they were on and wanted to take some football memorabilia from Edinburgh back home to the states. I said you'd need to go to the stadium and directed them towards Dalry etc never thought i'd see them again and forgot all about it until i was going to the bus stop an hour or two later and recignised the woman, i asked if she'd managed to find the Hearts shop alright but she said no so she ended up in the Celtic shop to take EDINBURGH memorabilia (her words!)home as presents.

If Hearts and Hibs can't afford to run a shop on their own, how about an "Edinburgh soccer/football shop in Princes St, Hibs down one side and Hearts down the other? Hate seeing Smeltic and Rankgers tops all over Edinburgh! (Don't particularly like seeing Hibs tops either but at least they're from here...ish)

A Tim i know hurled a brick at an RBS in Glasgow after a night out. "British *******s" he stated.

:gok:

Puts it all into perspective. RIP the Celtic shop Edinburgh branch. Candle-lit vigil tonight, 1 hours applause during the Madrid game. WE ARE ALL Celtic Shop - Edinburgh.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

'Bout ******* time an' all!

Yes, I too have used it for it's more appropriate purpose in the past and my wife refuses to walk past it with me on a night out in Edinburgh because of my pished rants about it.

Glad it has joined it's smelly orange cousin's shop from George St... :yucky:

See ya Mhanks. :thumbsup:

Jam Tarts 1874

I assume they will have a minute's silence when we visit Celtic Park - and obviously anyone who boos will be arrested and charged with an hate crime.

Looks like we'll all have to take yet another long hard look at ourselves... :rolleyes:

Alternatively, good riddance to bad rubbish from the streets of the capital :thumbsup:

Puts it all into perspective. RIP the Celtic shop Edinburgh branch. Candle-lit vigil tonight, 1 hours applause during the Madrid game. WE ARE ALL Celtic Shop - Edinburgh.

I've got my iPad candle burner all ready...

:pleasing:

They shouldn't be allowed to have shops through in Edinburgh in the first place.

You want some of their shitty merchandise? Go to Glasgow.

There's even one in Inverness....

There used to be a Rangers shop on the High Street too - and with perfect planning - was right next door to The Orange Shop!

Fantastic news. hardly ever saw anyone in it. It was an embarrassment to Edinburgh that a city not connected to Celtic in any shape or form was selling their merchandise.

Snake Plissken

Fantastic news. hardly ever saw anyone in it. It was an embarrassment to Edinburgh that a city not connected to Celtic in any shape or form was selling their merchandise.

If you think that's bad, there used to be a Rangers shop in ELGIN.

:vrface:

Good. Sums up the problems of Scottish football that there was even a market for it here in the first place.

Spot on.

If it were up to me, I would never have given them a trading licence. If Hearts or Hibs wanted a shop there then no problem.

I bet he wouldn't dare do that to the Benefits Office.

Go past it to work everyday and has had a to let sign for a while. Was hoping that it was closing. Been tempted a few times to go in and ask, but I wouldn't set foot in such a hole.

I thought that they,d reported Newcastle for some misdemeanour

Exactly what I thought!

Good to see it go - was always a bit unsure if I should walk past it if a bit tiddly, as I knew it could all end in tears and arrest.... :rolleyes:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Trouble is, that's the unit always tainted now... It'll either need an industrial-strength exorcism or else they would be as well just razing it to the ground and leaving an empty space like they did on Cromwell Street. :o

Tokyo Drifter

I spotted to the To Let sign today, funnily enough.

I was once stopped by a clipboard-carrying woman doing market research outside asking me a load of questions about whether or not I had shopped there etc, which I played along with. Hilarious.

I can go one better than pishin in the doorway.

One day i gave my erse a proper down the jeans double handed howk and went in there and felt up all the "merchandise". Good times.

I can go one better than pishin in the doorway.

One day i gave my erse a proper down the jeans double handed howk and went in there and felt up all the "merchandise". Good times.

:rofl:

Archived