Could Hearts Build another level onto the top of the Main Stand

Howdy Doody Jambo

Charlie-Brown

Its a no bad idea but wouldnt it look a tad tinkyish ?

The OP asked if "Could Hearts Build another level onto the top of the Main Stand" ?

Well the answer is quite clearly YES they could - it's simply a matter of designing the structural engineering support which is definitely possible versus the cost/viability ........... he didn't ask if it also had to look pretty. :)

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

We should buy a lot of old cherry pickers from Eastern Europe or something and then just raise them over the roof of the Old Stand. Fire an ASDA one man tent into the equation and a couple of deck chairs, instant corporate boxes :greggy:

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm hoping that either the poster is a child or you are drunk. Such a ridiculous question. How on earth would our stand take it? which leads us on to the whole 'NEW STAND' conversation.

Many clubs up and down the UK have extended levels , Rangers , Everton , Man Utd for example , Simple really remove old roof , put in new structural pins to support old stand new roof and top deck , attach with galvanised stainless steel pins , glass and wall panels surround , nothing complicated about it nowadays , just planning permission and costs

Francis Albert

Many clubs up and down the UK have extended levels , Rangers , Everton , Man Utd for example , Simple really remove old roof , put in new structural pins to support old stand new roof and top deck , attach with galvanised stainless steel pins , glass and wall panels surround , nothing complicated about it nowadays , just planning permission and costs

Correct, though it seems clear that planning permission will be a probably insurmountable problem for any expansion of Tynecastle's capacity.

Have those who describe the main stand as "crumbling" and "wooden" ever been in it? The main structure is good quality brickwork with concrete additions. I would bet on it outlasting the new stands if left alone, except maybe a replacement roof.

Why don't we just build a floating stand that sits directly above the pitch? Everyone can be suspended from the ceiling and watch the game while hanging upside down from a bird-eye view. It would be like watching a game of Sensible Soccer, and I'm sure we all remember how good that was.

Why don't we just build a floating stand that sits directly above the pitch? Everyone can be suspended from the ceiling and watch the game while hanging upside down from a bird-eye view. It would be like watching a game of Sensible Soccer, and I'm sure we all remember how good that was.

:lol:

60_sensi_soccer.JPG

Top game :thumbsup:

Other stadia do not have stands in the same state as ours and as cramped as ours. And I have been in it several hundred times as well as some of the other stadia mentioned. I can't believe this thread still exists. Have any of the posters perpetuating this nonsense seen any engineering report suggesting it is a sane option?

Irrespective of whether this is possible from an angineering perspective (I'm sure it is), is the main problem not that we won't get planning permission for increasing the capacity at Tynie even if we stick to the current stadium footprint due to the new health and safety regulations? There's a poster Graeme that will know this.

Archived