Emirates Stadium

benny

First visit last night.Superb.Best football stadium in the UK.Even better than Wembley.Good transport links,great atmosphere,brilliant view,decent pint as well.All for a tenner.?4 for a pie and ?3.90 for a pint.Guess which one I never bought.:)

For those that like visiting other grounds this is a must,brilliant match day experience. It must be the best away day in England,although a normal game will cost a lot more.

One of the great breakaway goals just added to the night.About the only time City strung a couple of passes together.

First visit last night.Superb.Best football stadium in the UK.Even better than Wembley.Good transport links,great atmosphere,brilliant view,decent pint as well.All for a tenner.?4 for a pie and ?3.90 for a pint.Guess which one I never bought.:)

For those that like visiting other grounds this is a must,brilliant match day experience. It must be the best away day in England,although a normal game will cost a lot more.

One of the great breakaway goals just added to the night.About the only time City strung a couple of passes together.

Then there's the concept that is Scottish football: it's crap and highly overpriced to watch mediocre football in half empty 'stadiums'

Optimus Prime

I was also at the Emirates last night in the City end. It's a great stadium, not the best in the UK though. Wembley and the Millenium have it beat. On a par with Old Trafford.

As for the transport links. :blink:

The People's Chimp

Weird.

Heard that Arsenal fans hate it as it's a soulless bowl which has ripped the heart out of the club at the expense of city boy fandom. But then your ?4 for a pie sums that up perfectly.

I am sure I saw the barman from the Diggers in the crowd last night.

Anyhow, as good as the Emirates may be, you can't really say it's the best in the UK unless you have visited every other stadium?

:verysmug:

Weird.

Heard that Arsenal fans hate it as it's a soulless bowl which has ripped the heart out of the club at the expense of city boy fandom. But then your ?4 for a pie sums that up perfectly.

This.

It might look "pretty", but there are big gaps between the stands and the pitch. Not a patch on the old place for atmosphere.

I was also at the Emirates last night in the City end. It's a great stadium, not the best in the UK though. Wembley and the Millenium have it beat. On a par with Old Trafford.

I found the transport to and from the game great.Stayed at seven sisters so it was a short underground trip granted but everything went smoothly,no queues just a fast moving line after the game from Highbury and Islington.Caught motd at my digs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

No chance. Wembley is dull as feck and the Millenium Stadium (while a fantastic atmosphere) doesn't quite match the Emirates.

This.

It might look "pretty", but there are big gaps between the stands and the pitch. Not a patch on the old place for atmosphere.

It was great in the away end as was the view.I suppose it is like any other modern stadium that all the atmosphere seems to be in the away ends.

Hagar the Horrible

Had to pay >?60 for ticket at the clock end, I thought the stadium was fantastic empty, no change once it was full, soul-less, they should have passed around gas masks as there was no athmosphere.

The best in are still the old fashioned style, like Anfield, Goodison, the Boleyn, WHL and the Geordiedome, where the stands are right up close the the pitch.

OT, Ethidump, and the Emirates are too big, but at least OT still has the Stretford end giving some sort of noise

It was great in the away end as was the view.I suppose it is like any other modern stadium that all the atmosphere seems to be in the away ends.

Were there not about 6,000 City fans there last night? Might be why it seemed a decent atmosphere in the away end.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

First visit last night.Superb.Best football stadium in the UK.Even better than Wembley.Good transport links,great atmosphere,brilliant view,decent pint

Ive been twice, once to an Arsenal game and Scotland v Brazil. Both times I would have said the ground itself didnt lend itself to a good atmosphere, too open, far from pitch etc

Also been to WHL, the Bridge and St J's park for EPL games all of which I would say have much better atmosphere.

I also have been to Millenium several times having lived in Cardiff for 4 years, at wales internationals in both football and rugby, an fa cup final, couple of carling cup finals, some rugby league, couple of gigs. It manages to still have a fantastic atmosphere whilst doing well sizewise! You mentioned transport links for emirates, well best thing about Millenium is its central location (something St J's park also boasts) which IMO puts it well out ahead of wembley, emirates, bridge, WHL

The only modern stadium that has fanastic atmosphere is the real stadium. As much as I love the emirates it's not as good as highbury, but in terms of view of the pitch it is excellent and comfy, does that sound too gay?

Felt sorry for arsenal young kids last night, thought we deserved too win but city took there one and only chance fair play, no one wanted extra time. Funny moment was at the end when frimpong tried to give narsi a t-shirt saying 'BENCH' on it and he told him to **** off and walked away!

The only modern stadium that has fanastic atmosphere is the real stadium. As much as I love the emirates it's not as good as highbury, but in terms of view of the pitch it is excellent and comfy, does that sound too gay?

Felt sorry for arsenal young kids last night, thought we deserved too win but city took there one and only chance fair play, no one wanted extra time. Funny moment was at the end when frimpong tried to give narsi a t-shirt saying 'BENCH' on it and he told him to **** off and walked away!

The what stadium?

Francis Albert

A fine stadium, but not without faults. The roof has a large gap at the back of the upper tier, designed I assume to allow air flow for the pitch's sake (it certainly works -- the playing surface is always perfect). But it does mean there are freezing cold down drafts in the back rows if it's cold. Also, the front rows get drenched in rain. The seats themselves have very long (almost uncomfortably long) seats, with good leg room, which means the pitch of the stands is quite shallow. The ring of "club level" seats all round the stadium, often half empty for the smaller games and almost all empty for ten or fifteen minutes after HT, splits the ground in two.

The atmosphere? Well they didn't nickname Highbury "the library" for nothing, so I am not sure it's changed that much. For big games Arsenal are winning (Chelsea last season for example) it's pretty good - true of pretty much any ground.

The important thing of course in the modern game is that it allows Arsenal to compete with the big boys.

Ive been twice, once to an Arsenal game and Scotland v Brazil. Both times I would have said the ground itself didnt lend itself to a good atmosphere, too open, far from pitch etc

Also been to WHL, the Bridge and St J's park for EPL games all of which I would say have much better atmosphere.

I also have been to Millenium several times having lived in Cardiff for 4 years, at wales internationals in both football and rugby, an fa cup final, couple of carling cup finals, some rugby league, couple of gigs. It manages to still have a fantastic atmosphere whilst doing well sizewise! You mentioned transport links for emirates, well best thing about Millenium is its central location (something St J's park als boasts) which IMO puts it well out ahead of wembley, emirates, bridge, WHL

St James Park was great in the Keegan days,downhill since then.It will be interesting to see how it is this season if they keep this run going.WHL is a shithole,same as Liverpool but not as good as Anfield atmosphere wise.

Stoke and Hull make an even better atmosphere than WHL.

All about opinions though.:)

North Berwick Jambo

I was down at the Emirates at the beginning of the year for the Scotland v Brazil game & i was really impressed with the stadium. :thumbsup:

Yeah the Millenium is one decent stadium :thumbsup:

Had the stadium tour at the Emirates when I was down for the spurs game.

Outstanding arena. But Arsenal don't appeal to me much as a club.

I still find it amazing that you cannot get a beer in stadiums up here!

would there be any risk at all say having bars open at the Motherwellv Hibs game on Friday night?

Seemingly the Welsh football team prefer the new stadium at Cardiff for their games.

Yeah I've heard that myself mate - not been to Cardiff though everytime they play Bristol City its war. Shops get boarded up etc madness. Or is this just showing my age :whistling:

Went to the Emirates in it's first season, an I thought it was a fantastic stadium. The atmosphere wasn't brilliant, but it's visually excellent.

I was in the away end when Wigan visited (worth checking YouTube for Denny Landzaat's goal), as the home end was sold out. I was sent to London on a course, and had a Sunday to kill, so I was lucky that there was a game on in London :thumbsup:

scots civil war

never been to highbury but that sounded like a libary too

showing your age there my son.....highbury was the quintessential london football ground,in design and location

pitch was ,to the surrounds,somewhat raised and looked like a bowling green...and got right noisy in the clock end iirc....a brilliant football ground

was there in the nineties for a game v chelsea

Went to the Emirates in it's first season, an I thought it was a fantastic stadium. The atmosphere wasn't brilliant, but it's visually excellent.

I was in the away end when Wigan visited (worth checking YouTube for Denny Landzaat's goal), as the home end was sold out. I was sent to London on a course, and had a Sunday to kill, so I was lucky that there was a game on in London :thumbsup:

There's always a game on in London.

Archived