Paul Sturrock

Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

Reading an intersting piece of Paul Sturrock on the BBC website.

BBC Sturrock

Doing a fantastic job at Southend an has cemented his position as the go-to man if your teams hard up.

If things take a turn for the worst (god forbid) at least we can rely on this Boyhood jambo to sort us out.

Southend had 9 players on the books at one point. 3 of which handed in their resignation.

In a sense that would be a great scenario for a fresh start. Although maybe wouldn't want the circumstances quite as drastic.

Regal Kingston

No thanks.

He might have connections but unless you want to sign Bouzids pisher brother or Sturrocks laddie who follows him about like a wee lost dug, I'd look else where.

Sturrock Recruits 17 Players

Their top of the league pal!

Long unbeaten run - can't argue with that kind of run.

Only IF things go breest skywards mind!

Their top of the league pal!

Long unbeaten run - can't argue with that kind of run.

Only IF things go breest skywards mind!

Always wanted him at tynie, didn,t do too well at Dundee utd but has rarely failed in England. Southampton treated him disgracefully though.

Completely surprised me how long he has stayed in the game after collapsing at a ST j game. Also read he is suffering Parkinson's disease.

But he is definately a good manager.

Didn't know he was a Jambo. Sounded like he was touting himself for the Hearts job in that article.

Always remember him as a Jambo. It was on the back of the football cards, a bit like the stickers now but card and a strip of chewing gum. That was when he was playing for the Arabs.

Thig Ar Latha

Always remember him as a Jambo. It was on the back of the football cards, a bit like the stickers now but card and a strip of chewing gum. That was when he was playing for the Arabs.

Remember that, can't rememner what I did with the card though. ;)

Did he not have to work under very tight purse strings at Plymouth as well? Or did their mess start after he had gone?

He wouldn't be the first name on my list, but I wouldn't seethe if we ended up with someone like him. He's further ahead than Pressley anyway ::troll:::'>

Looking at his record since he's been down south, he's certainly done pretty well almost everywhere he's been and usually on a pretty tight budget. Add in the fact that he's a boyhood Hearts fan and seems like he'd be fairly keen on the job, we could do a lot worse.

Archived