Skacel stay?

heartsfc_fan

This article was from the 19th October (for anybody that hasn't seen it):

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/275368-rudi-skacel-is-ready-to-extend-his-stay-at-hearts/

Do we think Skacel will stay? We need to cut back, but I for one would love him to stay on. A true professional and always chips in with goals. I wonder if he would accept reduced wages.

rudi_1274371a.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

I questioned whether it was worth keeping him but it turns out we've been so feckin bad it's just as well we did.

I'll be surprised if he signs a new deal.

if this so called "FIRESALE" is gonna happen in January, then no he wont be here past February.

but yes, as he is our most technical skillful player, fingers crossed Vladimir Romanov pulls out all the stops to extend his contract by at least 2 seasons

This article was from the 19th October (for anybody that hasn't seen it):

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/275368-rudi-skacel-is-ready-to-extend-his-stay-at-hearts/

Do we think Skacel will stay? We need to cut back, but I for one would love him to stay on. A true professional and always chips in with goals. I wonder if he would accept reduced wages.

rudi_1274371a.jpg

That article is over a month old, before the recent events of the past few weeks when all came to light.

Skacel at this moment of time is my favorite hearts player on the field, closely followed by kello of course. I'd love for him to stay but I'd imagine he will be asked to take a pay cut. The deal would have to suite both parties. Luckily I think he loves hearts, and hates hibs, enough he might actually consider it!

I hope skacel stays, He'd be great at bringing the youth forward! :thumbsup:

For me, the club have to find a way to keep Skacel. He is technically the best player at the club, he has bags of experience, a great attitude to the game and he is about our only true goal threat from midfield.

I think that since he has got his fitness levels back after his injury his appetite for the game and workrate cant be questioned - I think he is perfect as one of the experienced heads we need to help the Jason Holts, Scott Robinsons etc make the transition to the first team.

There are a long list of players we can wave goodbye to in order to reduce the wage bill before we let this talisman leave the club he seems born to play for.

Chad Sexington

There is no chance Skacel will stay.

Some folk would be better making their peace with that fact. It'll save them a load of heartbreak and general anguish when the time comes.

are u joking

Well everyone is for sale so it will depends on what players attract interest form other clubs. Could be some, could be all, we'll need to wait for the transfer window...

Well everyone is for sale so it will depends on what players attract interest form other clubs. Could be some, could be all, we'll need to wait for the transfer window...

yeah, but who has cash to splash these days mate

Tiberius Stinkfinger

This could be a decent guideline as to exactly what is happening financially at the club.

I think Mr Romanov will give Rudi a new contract.

yeah, but who has cash to splash these days mate

We don't have many players worth anything TBH.

Hearts will probably be happy for the majority of players to leave on a freebie if it means getting them off of the wage bill.

Malcolm Tucker

Skacel will leave, unfortunately.

I can see a lot more players leaving than we'd expect in January tbh.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Skacel will leave, unfortunately.

I can see a lot more players leaving than we'd expect in January tbh.

Why and were will they be going ?

Him and Kello are probably the 2 I want to stay the most, but the reality is I just don't think it will happen. I hope Hearts have a word with Rudi about it though as I feel he would be willing to take some sort of pay cut.

alwaysthereinspirit

With the money we're saving by not paying anyone we should be able to afford him.

Doubt he wants to hang around much longer at Circus Mad though.

Who else is going to pay him bigger wages than a reduced Hearts offer?

Everyone else is skint.

I seem to remember when we signed him, he didn't have too many clubs knocking down his door.

Hope he stays though.

Malcolm Tucker

Why and were will they be going ?

Because we're skint and ask their agents?

It's just a hunch, I don't have the ins and outs of it.

Sorry.

:sob:

If we didn't have such an overloaded squad then Rudi must be given an extension.

But the reality is getting rid of these players so Rudi can be offered something

he's not on very much money at the moment and wants to stay. Whether that will happen, I don't know, but he's the kind of matchwinner we need to hold on to.

The team will be lacking without Rudi a great player who gets goals as he proved on Saturday. Also a true gent as he again proved with his Sinky t-shirt. I'd love him to stay (he should have been put on a longer deal last summer) but sadly I don't think we will resign him.

Billy the Jambo

Hearts have to keep him until the end of the season at least.If nothing else he could help bring along the likes of Holt and others we might have to play come the end of January .Holt and others could benefit from Rudi,s experience

I would make him an offer that we can afford!

If he walks then good luck to him, but not sure how many teams want a 32 year old winger?

I would make him an offer that we can afford!

If he walks then good luck to him, but not sure how many teams want a 32 year old winger?

Nah

Hearts have to keep him until the end of the season at least.If nothing else he could help bring along the likes of Holt and others we might have to play come the end of January .Holt and others could benefit from Rudi,s experience

I agree and we should also be trying to keep Kello although I know that will probably not happen due to the fact that he is our best asset so therefore our most likely to be sold.

Sergie's comments just after it was announced VR wants to sell suggested that they would keep a blend of youth and experience so hopefully that could mean Rudi and Webster.

I'd be very surprised if he stayed beyond January.

I suspect there will be a lot of upset people around here in January when players like Skacel and maybe even Kello leave the club.

I'd ask whether we can afford to not keep Skacel. The answer to that is quite clearly no, so I'm hopeful the club will try to do something.

I imagine we'll make it clear that we'll listen to offers for Kello and Zaliukas. Given the reported interest in Stevenson, I expect us to listen to offers for him.

In January we will definitely release Balogh, but it is crucial that we move on some of the likes of Barr, Elliot, Elliott, Glen, Suso, Driver - the last two players in particular are not players I want to lose, but if Sergio isn't going to play them because he sees Templeton and Skacel as his first choice options then we're wasting cash keeping them, especially with Novikovas on the fringes also capable of playing that role.

There is alot of deadwood to clear and a few small fees that will hopefully come our way in January. Fingers crossed we achieve this and hold onto Skacel.

as i understand it, and it did come from someone who's been right in the past, although far from infallible, rudi isn't on that high a wage.

i would desperately love him to stay with us, and if what i heard he's on roughly is right, we can certainly afford him

as i understand it, and it did come from someone who's been right in the past, although far from infallible, rudi isn't on that high a wage.

i would desperately love him to stay with us, and if what i heard he's on roughly is right, we can certainly afford him

Is it less than ?3K p/w?

HillmanHearts

The facts are :

We can't afford to pay players.

The club has stated that they will be slashing the wage bill and promoting youth.

The contracts of both Rudi & Balogh are up in January.

Therefore these two players will go.

Unless, in the unlikely event, we get some decent dosh for some of the others who have longer on their contracts which may allow us

to balance books and a bit and keep Rudi for another 6 months.

The team will be lacking without Rudi a great player who gets goals as he proved on Saturday. Also a true gent as he again proved with his Sinky t-shirt. I'd love him to stay (he should have been put on a longer deal last summer) but sadly I don't think we will resign him.

agree! plays with his heart on his sleeve

kind of player and person we need at the club .. only one worth a Robbo type deal with a fan / fans picking up his wages

The question should be ... Can we afford him not to stay?

He by far is our best, most creative player who regularly scores.

He has to stay.

If Zal, Black, Stevenson, Mirowiec, Driver, Kyle, Obua, and Taouill all leave but Skacel stays I'd be happy.

This could be a decent guideline as to exactly what is happening financially at the club.

I think Mr Romanov will give Rudi a new contract.

I have a feeling VR will keep him on. As well as being our best player he loves Hearts. If you doubt this then have a wee think about the fact that he is a Founder member of Sinky for Hearts and illustrated that on his T-shirt after scoring on Saturday. Shame that he got booked for showing it and, of course, none of the assembled press 'monkeys' thought fit to mention that in their reports.

he's not on very much money at the moment and wants to stay. Whether that will happen, I don't know, but he's the kind of matchwinner we need to hold on to.

That's true. I believe some months he doesn't get any money at all.

We don't have many players worth anything TBH.

Hearts will probably be happy for the majority of players to leave on a freebie if it means getting them off of the wage bill.

sadly this maybe true, that players will leave just to free the wage bill

I think he will stay, i just dont see where else he is going to move to. There were no takers in the summer and i dont see that changing.

Hearts, whilst needing to reduce their cost base need to remember that a great many of us are paying circa ?450 for a season ticket and i think that is one of the most expensive in Scotland.

In difficult financial times for everyone, I'm sure folk are still expecting a decent team in the pitch, some sort of value for money. As much as I'm loyal and want the youngsters to succeed,the thought of paying a season ticket that deserves Skacel,Fyssas, Hartley etc and instead seeing the under 19s getting humped very other week whilst they learn their trade is not an attractive proposition.

For me, Rudi is value for my money. He is an entertainer and Tynecastle would be a poor version of itself without him.

bigsuperslim1874

As long as his contract includes the derby on the 2nd, so he can turn HIbs over again!

There is a thot - i wonder when in january his contract expires? If he was to go, his final game against the sewer dwellers at fester road would be a great way to go out - last minute winner would be magic!!!

There is a thot - i wonder when in january his contract expires? If he was to go, his final game against the sewer dwellers at fester road would be a great way to go out - last minute winner would be magic!!!

asked rudi last night he hopes to stay heres hoping

If there are to be a core of senior players left eg 5 or 6 then it would be inconceivably poor decision making for rudi not to be one of them. On top of anything else he is our only credible consistent goal threat ignoring the fact he is practically our only player with any kind of technique whatsoever.

Archived