Should Hearts Sell Derby Tickets Directly

topcat

For the March 17th Derby Who should Hibs Fans have to buy Tickets from ?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Hibs Fans have to buy Tickets through

• Hibs (As usual)
    • Hearts (see how the like it)
    • Saint Johnstone (make them travel to Perth to collect)

Most people seem to be a bit annoyed at Hibs treatment of the ticket sales to Hearts Supporters but would we like to see their supporters have to put up with it or would we rather Hearts did the right thing and didn't stoop to their level.

I can see both sides to the argument but I'm dithering

What do you all think

Abso-fecking-lutely.

They have no valid grounds to sell us them directly other than the fact they are paranoid they won't get their money. Pathetic little people the lot of them.

I would cut their allocation to one section. They can't afford to do likewise as they will get nowhere near a fullhouse. They are a horrible lot

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

First of all, I don't blame Hibs for selling tickets to us directly after our recent record in bank transactions.

But it isn't an excuse for them to hike prices and apply ludicrous postal charges. Also they're being a bunch of welts through various other means.

Feck the fuds. An eye for an aye.

scott herbertson

I think we should offer them tickets at ?1 a head, pay at the gate

a) as we are concerned that so few of them are turning up both to derbies and their home fixtures and we want a decent atmosphere for the game

B) given their supporters personal financial problems

c) so we have a full house to watch the regular tanking

portobellojambo1

I would hope that Hearts will offer the same courtesy as Hibs offered us, i.e. we write to Hibernian and ask them that they guarantee we are paid within the given time scale should we allow them to sell their own allocation of tickets. If Hibernian respond with a positive answer then we allow them to sell the tickets, as we then have evidence to use against them if they fail to pay up. If, however they respond negatively or don't respond at all, as Hearts have done on this occasion, then we sell to them direct.

While it is very easy to blame Celtic and Hibs for the ticket arrangements imposed for these up coming fixtures they both asked Hearts the same question and Hearts failed to respond positively, Why should other clubs then suffer financially, especially in light of our owners recent history of failing to pay his own employees on time.

Going tit for tat doesn't solve anything, it is the sort of attitude primary school children adopt.

I would hope that Hearts will offer the same courtesy as Hibs offered us, i.e. we write to Hibernian and ask them that they guarantee we are paid within the given time scale should we allow them to sell their own allocation of tickets.

If they did write to us, i hope that we responded to their cheeky and disrespectful letter by shoving it where it belongs, straight in the *** bin.

Are Rangers/Spurs banging down our doors awaiting unpaid ticket monies?

*** Welts of the highest order.

portobellojambo1

If they did write to us, i hope that we responded to their cheeky and disrespectful letter by shoving it where it belongs, straight in the *** bin.

I would say the only welt in this case Gambo is the person who is deciding if and when he will pay his own employees, and creating uncertainty in third parties. But if it makes people feel better to deflect blame onto Hibs for a situation created by Vladimir Romanov then bash on with it.

ToadKiller Dog

To be fair things have changed since those two games . I think it is a bit shitty but understandable why they have done this ,

Just another instance of why the game in scotland is going down the tubes .

. I hope hearts dont do as hibs and celtic have done .

Sorry but any sympathy people are showing should disappear when they are charging 6 quid postage. Regardless if it is per application that's outrageous

Jambof3tornado

First of all, I don't blame Hibs for selling tickets to us directly after our recent record in bank transactions.

But it isn't an excuse for them to hike prices and apply ludicrous postal charges. Also they're being a bunch of welts through various other means.

Feck the fuds. An eye for an aye.

they havent hiked prices and the postal charge is per application so no more a rip off than Hearts charging you to print your own ticket at home!!!

much ado about nothing.

The Old Tolbooth

It's not the selling of tickets direct to Hearts fans that's bothering me, I can see why they're doing it, but it doesn't give them the right to completely rip the pish out of Hearts supporters and make us pay way over the odds with a ?6 handling fee, that's utterly criminal!

With that in mind then I say we sell direct to them and charge them exactly the same back as what they've done to us, they can hardly complain about it if/when we do it, can they?

I liked someone's idea on Facebook, send Hearts ?20 and watch it in the house/pub, or appeal to Hearts to show a beam back and get the hospitality suites sold out and lets make some money from this ourselves, a tenner a ticket or thereabouts would convince me to do that.

I would say the only welt in this case Gambo is the person who is deciding if and when he will pay his own employees, and creating uncertainty in third parties. But if it makes people feel better to deflect blame onto Hibs for a situation created by Vladimir Romanov then bash on with it.

He is our welt though.

Have these plums had to knock down our doors before for payment(i am sure the EEN would have told us so if that was the case)?. We have had over the years previous problems with wages so why do this now?

Do we write to them and ask if they are going to put a team on the park who will give us a game for once? No, because there should be respect (not at fan level) between local clubs.

Hibs imo have crossed the line big style here.

As a side issue, does anyone know what admin charges Hibs fans are being charged for a ticket to this game?

The Old Tolbooth

they havent hiked prices and the postal charge is per application so no more a rip off than Hearts charging you to print your own ticket at home!!!

much ado about nothing.

You're missing the point though, Hibs don't charge the Old Firm fans ?6 handling charge, so why should they charge Hearts fans this amount? Also, not all fans are in a position to buy in bulk and share the cost, so no, it's not 'much ado about nothing', we're being screwed by that poisonous little penny pinching halfwit because Hibs are desperate for cash, and because their little tin pot club are jealous that we might be jumping into bed with the Council at some point to explore new stadium possibilities, they're hatred and bitterness towards us knows no ends.

portobellojambo1

Sorry but any sympathy people are showing should disappear when they are charging 6 quid postage. Regardless if it is per application that's outrageous

I believe Hibs are charging ?6.00, which consists of ?5.45 special delivery costs (a cost determined by Royal Mail I believe, that being the maximum) and 55p admin charge, Celtic are charging ?6.70 which consists of ?5.20 special delivery costs and ?1.50 admin costs, so presumably from that ?1.50 admin cost Celtic are paying 20p per request towards delivery costs.

None of these costs would be getting incurred at all if fecking Romanov was running our club properly.

And try buying a ticket from Hearts, and asking for it to be sent by special delivery, and have a look at the additional admin cost that has also been deducted, all football clubs rip the pish in relation to this.

The Old Tolbooth

He is our welt though.

Have these plums had to knock down our doors before for payment(i am sure the EEN would have told us so if that was the case)?. We have had over the years previous problems with wages so why do this now?

Do we write to them and ask if they are going to put a team on the park who will give us a game for once? No, because there should be respect (not at fan level) between local clubs.

As a side issue, does anyone know what admin charges Hibs fans are being charged for a ticket to this game?

Completely agree Gambo

Here's the info you're looking for here

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Hibernian V Hearts

Monday 2nd January 2012

Home - Kick Off 12.15pm

Easter Road Stadium

Tickets for this match are on sale to supporters who are on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database only* and available by telephoning the call centre on 0844 844 1875 option 1, online here or in person at the Ticket Office or Club Store during normal office opening times.

*Tickets for this match cannot be purchased by supporters who have not bought tickets for any home fixture before or who are not on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database. The purchaser will be informed that they themselves will be responsible for all attendees if all tickets are purchased in their name.

Phone / Online: Please note a booking fee of ?1.50 per ticket, applicable to adults and concessions will be charged.

As an aside surely with the losses hibs posted this year and the fact they'll post bigger losses next year it would only be prudent to do the same. Maybe charge 10 quid postage, seems fair enough.

, but it doesn't give them the right to completely rip the pish out of Hearts supporters and make us pay way over the odds with a ?6 handling fee, that's utterly criminal!

I liked someone's idea on Facebook, send Hearts ?20 and watch it in the house/pub,

Whilst not liking the idea of not being at fester road for a derby(i think we can beat that shower with or without a large support), i am liking that idea above.

Imagine being dictated to how you buy a ticket and how it will be sent to you by the hobos, and being shafted for it at the same time!

Whilst not liking the idea of not being at fester road for a derby(i think we can beat that shower with or without a large support), i am liking that idea above.

Imagine being dictated to how you buy a ticket and how it will be sent to you by the hobos, and being shafted for it at the same time!

Boycott and then they can get their ?0.00 right away!

No idea why someone would decide not to go because of a ?6 charge. If four of you apply then it's ?1.50/person. If you buy a ticket online for a Hearts match then you get a ?1.50 admin fee even if you print the ticket off yourself.

If you really care about going to the derby then you'll be there regardless of extra fees and which club is selling you the ticket. Personally, I couldn't care less if I buy my ticket from Hearts or directly from Hibs.

I really don't see how anyone can blame hibs for any of this.

As much as I have little or no time for them, they are only doing what will guarantee them hard cash, quickly.

Let's face it, with gates of around 8000, they'll be in a dire finacial state very quickly.

Silence is deafening once again from the Hearts board on this one, instead of sticking up for ourselves and calling the wee team a disgrace it seems the board or Romanov only appear to spraff some shite about the mafia when they can be arsed.

Hibs are basically saying we are in shite and they can't trust us and I would like a response telling them to mind there own business and there own worries but no, nothing. :(

kingantti1874

People shouldn't be omgoing IMO... They were worried that they wouldn't get their money - well how about they don't get any ******* money at all... Save your ticket money and use it to buy shares when they no doubt become available

Drylaw Hearts

Negative Post IMO

:)

It's the clubs own fault we're in this situation and whilst I think Hibs are in no doubt using it as an exercise to publically humiliate Hearts by further highlighting our lack of cash, we should think smarter rather than simply copy this stunt by Petrie.

For the next game we should offer Hibs fans a discount on the match ticket and highlight we are encouraging them to actually attend a match instead of spending the day doing something else which seems to be on the increase, going by their ever dwindling shitty little support.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

He is our welt though.

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Up until now Hearts and Hibs have always offered a level of respect off the pitch. For example when we cut the allocations of rangers and celtic a few years back when we were filling tynie we didnt do it to Hibs and likewise the only time they cut our allocation was when understandably they were missing their east stand. And while we've both made old firm and others buy away tickets direct from the club we've always afforded each other the usual ticketing arrangements

Hibs pettiness in the last few weeks with their comments re our stadium and now this really shows what a small minded bitter little club they have become. Always been the case with their smelly support but now its crept into the management at the club

Abso-fecking-lutely.

They have no valid grounds to sell us them directly other than the fact they are paranoid they won't get their money. Pathetic little people the lot of them.

You want us to be "pathetic little people" as well.

:facepalm:

For those focusing on the ?6 mail charges, would they rather it was just the bog standard ?1.50 admin fee (which Hearts charge) and the tickets got sent out first (or second) class during December and got caught up in the Christmas mail?

The hobos aren't making much (if any) money on the postage, and if anything are doing the fans a favour by making sure we get the tickets by recorded delivery.

Not overly happy about having to go through them to get tickets as I might not be guaranteed a seat in the upper tier, but I'm not going to give up a game at fester road over the fact I have to go through them to get tickets rather than going through Hearts.

mahgrassyshoes

I don't think we should put their fans through that. Treat others as you expect them to treat you and all that jazz. The club aren't really making any money from it, Royal Mail are. And any one who uses royal mail regularly will know that special delivery is the only way you can trust the royal mail with anything remotely important.

HOW MUCH????? Seriously. Where are they posting them from, Thailand? Or are the muppets so scared of more industrial action in the public sector they need some way of giving their benefit dependant supporters some sort of extra funds. Fuds the lot of them :down:

The issue I'd have would be with the fact that Hibs are making the postage compulsory. That for me is the bit which is ridiculous.

Folk have already explained that the special delivery costs are more of a Royal Mail issue, but for me, the issue would be not being allowed to go pick up my ticket in person and save the ?6.

I live about 15 mins walk from Easter Road, so it'd be nice to be given the option of collecting a ticket rather being FORCED to pay an extra ?6 to have it delivered to me.

mahgrassyshoes

The issue I'd have would be with the fact that Hibs are making the postage compulsory. That for me is the bit which is ridiculous.

Folk have already explained that the special delivery costs are more of a Royal Mail issue, but for me, the issue would be not being allowed to go pick up my ticket in person and save the ?6.

I live about 15 mins walk from Easter Road, so it'd be nice to be given the option of collecting a ticket rather being FORCED to pay an extra ?6 to have it delivered to me.

I agree, i live in dunfermline but work at the gyle and will drive in/get the bus to tynie if i need to get tickets. i would just do the same in this instance. Total nuisance.

Not overly fussed, they probably won't even sell them all anyway seeing as they'll be losing a relegation battle when March comes around.

I've thought about it and I reckon if Hearts can give Hibs the tickets and wait for the money without causing themselves cashflow problems they shouldso

Just to demonstrate in a high profile way that they can and so try to build confidence amongst potential creditors.

They can then start spreading dark rumours about why Hibs needed the money for a January fixture in November

Hannibal Lecter

HOW MUCH????? Seriously. Where are they posting them from, Thailand? Or are the muppets so scared of more industrial action in the public sector they need some way of giving their benefit dependant supporters some sort of extra funds. Fuds the lot of them :down:

How many times do people need to have the postage cost explained?!

They are being sent Special Delivery which costs ?5.26 franked mail/?5.45 stamps. At most that leaves a 75p admin charge whether you buy one or six tickets. Not like the ?6 is going into Hibs pockets, they can't help what Royal Mail charges for its services.

Daydream Believer

I've thought about it and I reckon if Hearts can give Hibs the tickets and wait for the money without causing themselves cashflow problems they shouldso

Just to demonstrate in a high profile way that they can and so try to build confidence amongst potential creditors.

They can then start spreading dark rumours about why Hibs needed the money for a January fixture in November

Yes.

And pay the players.

Archived