Bill Leckie in the Sun

londonjambo

"Ahead through Richie Towell's goal, away from home against nervy opposition trying to impress THEIR new gaffer, this was the time to prove you're made of the right stuff."

What is with the random words that are capitalised and put in bold?

Jack Torrance

"Ahead through Richie Towell's goal, away from home against nervy opposition trying to impress THEIR new gaffer, this was the time to prove you're made of the right stuff."

What is with the random words that are capitalised and put in bold?

It's just to emphasise the words, rather than putting in italics. In this case it's to emphasise he means St Johnstone's boss not Hibs's.

There is a typo but I enjoyed reading it. LOL.

It's just to emphasise the words, rather than putting in italics. In this case it's to emphasise he means St Johnstone's boss not Hibs's.

There is a typo but I enjoyed reading it. LOL.

I know it's there for emphasis but it's as if they're writing the articles for idiots who need words to be in big, bold letters. Oh wait, they are.

"Pat Fenlon must have sat there thinking: "Where the hell do you START with this lot?""

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We are in for a difficult game next Saturday.

They never broke sweat against us last time and have gotten in to a really annoying habit of beating us since they were promoted. A win against them is vital when you look at the table. I was confident about the ICT game but I am anything but against this lot... :ermm:

(it is embarassing to have to speak in such pessimistic terms about playing a home game against a team from Perth with circa 2k fans and far smaller turnover than us.) :angry:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know it's there for emphasis but it's as if they're writing the articles for idiots who need words to be in big, bold letters. Oh wait, they are.

"Pat Fenlon must have sat there thinking: "Where the hell do you START with this lot?""

I like to imagine that he has some kind of tourettes or OCD type affliction where he speaks like that in real life. :thumbsup:

"Can I HAVE a PINT of bitter please barman, in a TALL glass please?"

All it was missing was...

"Hibs new boss Pat Fenlon (42) read the RIOT act to his hapless players which would see the struggling Edinburgh side's players LOCKED in the dressing room for and hour after the game had finished. 42 year old Fenlon also DEMANDED that the players involved in the defeat turn up for training the following morning"

They never broke sweat against us last time and have gotten in to a really annoying habit of beating us since they were promoted. A win against them is vital when you look at the table. I was confident about the ICT game but I am anything but against this lot... :ermm:

(it is embarassing to have to speak in such pessimistic terms about playing a home game against a team from Perth with circa 2k fans and far smaller turnover than us.) :angry:

Agreed RFC (wait a minute, just realised that's yer initials!!).

Anyway... agreed, but I think most would agree that we have a better team/squad of players than them. Don't want to start a Paulo debate and should be safe in here I'd hope, but so so much depends on the midfield he puts out. Any one or two of Obua, Taouil or Robinson are a must. Black is back, so interesting to see if he's slotted back in. If he plays Mrowiec, he MUST play him deep and allow two others to get in advance of him.

As for Hibs - sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeite! Never a bad thing. Learnt something interesting the other day... The Tache has gave Calderwood every player he asked for and didn't choose a single signing. Sproule et al were all Calderwood's doing? As it was put to me: "he basically signed a bunch of losers". They're awful and if Fenlon doesn't get a reaction they really could go down. His January signings will be massive. He needs strong personalities in there. Hopefully he doesn't get them!

I have it on good authority that Pat made a toe-curlingly underwhelming impression in his visit to the dressing room prior to the game. Fingers crossed...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Agreed RFC (wait a minute, just realised that's yer initials!!).

Anyway... agreed, but I think most would agree that we have a better team/squad of players than them. Don't want to start a Paulo debate and should be safe in here I'd hope, but so so much depends on the midfield he puts out. Any one or two of Obua, Taouil or Robinson are a must. Black is back, so interesting to see if he's slotted back in. If he plays Mrowiec, he MUST play him deep and allow two others to get in advance of him.

As for Hibs - sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeite! Never a bad thing. Learnt something interesting the other day... The Tache has gave Calderwood every player he asked for and didn't choose a single signing. Sproule et al were all Calderwood's doing? As it was put to me: "he basically signed a bunch of losers". They're awful and if Fenlon doesn't get a reaction they really could go down. His January signings will be massive. He needs strong personalities in there. Hopefully he doesn't get them!

Sergio's comments on the Hearts website suggest that Mrowiec will be back in there...

"... Although pleased with the decision, Paulo didn't want to take the credit for it, saying: "Without Mrowiec our team is more exposed, with him we are stronger with him in the midfield. But the goal was nothing to do with me, it was a good goal. "We lost the ball too much in the first half so Adrian was brought on to make us more safe and secure. It was a tactical decision and we played better in the second half... "

And previously he has never been short on compliments for Black who he has described as a "quality" and "talented" player.

The boss will know best but... After the way we were battered in Perth, I dread us setting out with a sluggish midfield trio again and fully expect us to struggle against them.

I am guessing that Robinson must be right off the boil to not have gotten a sniff in Black's absence? :unsure:

I have it on good authority that Pat made a toe-curlingly underwhelming impression in his visit to the dressing room prior to the game. Fingers crossed...

Tell me more and I'll see if it ties in with what I heard.

It's about time we started taking all points at home against the likes of St Johnstone but I'm not that confident.

Maybe the win in Saturday will have given Hearts a boost.

Should be a decent game.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sergio's comments on the Hearts website suggest that Mrowiec will be back in there...

"... Although pleased with the decision, Paulo didn't want to take the credit for it, saying: "Without Mrowiec our team is more exposed, with him we are stronger with him in the midfield. But the goal was nothing to do with me, it was a good goal. "We lost the ball too much in the first half so Adrian was brought on to make us more safe and secure. It was a tactical decision and we played better in the second half... "

And previously he has never been short on compliments for Black who he has described as a "quality" and "talented" player.

The boss will know best but... After the way we were battered in Perth, I dread us setting out with a sluggish midfield trio again and fully expect us to struggle against them.

I am guessing that Robinson must be right off the boil to not have gotten a sniff in Black's absence? :unsure:

Mrowiec had a very good game when he came on, was giving us something Stevenson wasn't going forward.

Came in, stared at his feet, made no eye contact and mumbled something about wishing them all the best. Was embarassing apparently. There was some more stuff after the game, which didn't create a good first impression with the staff..

Tell me more and I'll see if it ties in with what I heard.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mrowiec had a very good game when he came on, was giving us something Stevenson wasn't going forward.

He has good games and bad like most players. The thing that surprised me most about him (in what was one of his better games) was his stunning cross from the right in the second half, it was a thing of beauty and deserved to be tucked away. The trouble is that in amongst that cross and a few excellent tackles he keeps passing the ball to the oppostion and his lack of pace means that he then leaves the defence exposed as he struggles to turn and keep up with forward who invariably just runs right past him. If Mrowiec's distribution and range of passing was better he would be a very decent midfielder for us. The thing he does best, he does very well but he is very limited at everything else.

Sandaza and Sheridan skooshed our midfield and defence last time around and slow and dogged will probably lead to the same result again at home, that's my biggest worry.

All it was missing was...

"Hibs new boss Pat Fenlon (42) read the RIOT act to his hapless players which would see the struggling Edinburgh side's players LOCKED in the dressing room for and hour after the game had finished. 42 year old Fenlon also DEMANDED that the players involved in the defeat turn up for training the following morning"

At least that example emphasises key words, unlike Jim White:

"Hibs new boss Pat Fenlon (42) read the riot act TO his hapless players which would SEE the struggling Edinburgh side's players locked IN the dressing room for and hour after THE game had finished. 42 year OLD Fenlon also demanded THAT the players involved in THE defeat turn up FOR training the following morning"

All, of course, screamed at the microphone!!!

Well he came on on Saturday and in his very short time on the pitch he set up what should have been a goal for Obua (if he had been able to square to Skacel).

I don't understand why he hasn't had more games - under JJ or Sergio.

At one point in the second half, he was yelling at one his subs to make better runs.

"Sodje!" he bawled. "Sodje? SODJE!"

Benton......Benton........BENTON!!!!

Archived