Steve Bruce ACTUALLY sacked! (Merged Threads)

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Not official yet but appears it will be announced in the morning! Maybe Big Craig will get a few games now if he can get fit??

Goes to show what a joke a football managers job is nowdays.

I think it shows that clubs are shit scared of getting dragged in to a relegation battle.

Martin O'Neill will be all over that job.

That was the name that popped in to my head as well.

Hopefully Gary Megson is allowed to continue the fine work that he has started down S6.

ninja.gif

Captain Lithuania

Well as its not official why don't we lump on the 'next manager to be sacked' odds and pay off all our debt

Betting was suspended earlier today.

Betting was suspended earlier today.

Hope they hold back and realise that there is more to life than this shit today....and tomorrow.??

Hope they hold back and realise that there is more to life than this shit today....and tomorrow.??

Id imagine that is the reason that they have not announced it to be honest.

Question is how long do you leave it.

Surely this should be in the 'rumours' section of the site?

It is BS at the moment as he's not been sacked.

I'll be gutted if Bruce gets sacked. He's done a wonderful job at the Smakems. They are the equivalent of the wee team in the North East .

portobellojambo1

In terms of Sunderland I don't know how they can point the finger of blame at Bruce. I presume that it wasn't his decision to sell Marcus Bent and the Ghanian they had, and have since been struggling to put the ball in the back of the net.

Those that took the decision to release those two players should be the ones putting themselves forward for the chop.

In terms of Sunderland I don't know how they can point the finger of blame at Bruce. I presume that it wasn't his decision to sell Marcus Bent and the Ghanian they had, and have since been struggling to put the ball in the back of the net.

Those that took the decision to release those two players should be the ones putting themselves forward for the chop.

From what I read on others forums (so it could be with a pinch of salt)...

Bruce's and Darren Bent's relationship was not what it was, and with Sunderland wanting to try and balance the books, coupled with Bent's insistence on moving, there was only going to be one outcome.

Gyan by all accounts had not settled in the North East and made it clear at the end of last season that he wanted to move on.

Bruce pretty much signed a new side this year, something that is always a gamble in football. It either clicks early doors or it struggles to get going.

Seymour M Hersh

Terrible manager. No idea how he's lasted so long there.

Because he played for demento at Manure and apparently all his ex player make great managers as the learned so much off him. If he gets booted from Sunderland I'll bet he'll be back in management within 12 months.

The Real Maroonblood

Because he played for demento at Manure and apparently all his ex player make great managers as the learned so much off him. If he gets booted from Sunderland I'll bet he'll be back in management within 12 months.

:lol: :lol:

Drylaw Hearts

The bitterness is oozing from every pore.

:seethe:

There never seems to be any pattern to his signings.

Just seems to sign loads of players every season without ever addressing the issues his team have.

Mybe a new manager will see sense play Craig Gordon and we can have some money coming our way

Thought we'd already got everything we're due or is there a sell on clause too?

Sunderland need a fresh approach big time. They have a squad capable of competing for a top 10 finish yet they seem to be just avoiding being sucked in to a relegation battle in the last few games of the season. New manager and a couple of more signings that really strengthen the team and they could do well.

i'm trying to think of former fergie players who have been good managers. so far i have

strachan

mcleish (to a degree)

solkjaer is showing promise

apart from that i am struggling

i'm trying to think of former fergie players who have been good managers. so far i have

strachan

mcleish (to a degree)

Solskjaer is looking very promising in Norway. Future ones could include Ryan Giggs (who I'm tipping for the Wales job) and Paul Scholes who has said he would consider going in to coaching at a later date.

strachan

mcleish (to a degree)

Mark Hughes has done pretty well (Man City apart).

Former players I can think off are

Aberdeen

McGhee

McLeish

Miller

Black

Stark

Strachan

United

Robson

Bruce

Ince

Keane

Solkjaer

Hughes

Wilkins??

Sure there's a few more (not including the coaches at United and of course his son).

Some good ones, some decent ones and some keech.

rudi must stay

Solskjaer is looking very promising in Norway. Future ones could include Ryan Giggs (who I'm tipping for the Wales job) and Paul Scholes who has said he would consider going in to coaching at a later date.

Scholes would be a poor coach IMO. He has the right ideas but he wouldn't be articulate enough to get them across

I can see Mark Hughes taking this job. Think its a sideways move from Fulham but it'd seem like a good fit for the moment. Also Bruce seems to have had much more bad luck there with injuries and selling key players for uncommitted replacements but from what I seen on MOTD2 they looked absolutely terrible against Wigan. Big questions there I think.

I reckon Hughes will be their favourite. He'll steady the ship and keep them up and he'd be ideal at building a squad for the next season.

I can see Mark Hughes taking this job. Think its a sideways move from Fulham but it'd seem like a good fit for the moment. Also Bruce seems to have had much more bad luck there with injuries and selling key players for uncommitted replacements but from what I seen on MOTD2 they looked absolutely terrible against Wigan. Big questions there I think.

I reckon Hughes will be their favourite. He'll steady the ship and keep them up and he'd be ideal at building a squad for the next season.

Was watching Soccer Saturday during the game. Paul Merson was saying that in the first 35 minutes or so, they could've been 5 or 6 up. They've got rid of their reliable strikers in Bent and Gyan but they're still making the chances. If they get one proven finisher on the books, they'll be far better than they are now.

Was watching Soccer Saturday during the game. Paul Merson was saying that in the first 35 minutes or so, they could've been 5 or 6 up. They've got rid of their reliable strikers in Bent and Gyan but they're still making the chances. If they get one proven finisher on the books, they'll be far better than they are now.

That's interesting because all I've read, seen and heard have been negative. But I suppose every club does need a proven finisher on the books. I think Bruce is a capable manager, he knows the league well enough. I don't think sacking bosses mid-season does much to help at all. Managers can only do things with what they've got and to sack a man mid-season is therefore flawed because the new man has the same bunch of players and to an extent will be stuck with the system which isn't working and caused said manager to be sacked. Need a whole pre-season to change things imo, and after that at least a season or 2.

If I were the chairman at Sunderland I'd give him a budget in December to buy a goal scorer and give him till the end of the season.

But doubt he'll get that time or cash.

That's interesting because all I've read, seen and heard have been negative. But I suppose every club does need a proven finisher on the books. I think Bruce is a capable manager, he knows the league well enough. I don't think sacking bosses mid-season does much to help at all. Managers can only do things with what they've got and to sack a man mid-season is therefore flawed because the new man has the same bunch of players and to an extent will be stuck with the system which isn't working and caused said manager to be sacked. Need a whole pre-season to change things imo, and after that at least a season or 2.

If I were the chairman at Sunderland I'd give him a budget in December to buy a goal scorer and give him till the end of the season.

But doubt he'll get that time or cash.

Problem is that Gyan buggered off last minute without telling Bruce so they was no way he could get a replacement. I'm assuming if they get to January he'll be able to bring someone in.

O'Neill 1/2

Benitez 7/1

Hughes 10/1

The Real Maroonblood

Scholes would be a poor coach IMO. He has the right ideas but he wouldn't be articulate enough to get them across

Say what you mean.

He is as thick as shit.

:rolleyes:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I think it shows that clubs are shit scared of getting dragged in to a relegation battle.

That was the name that popped in to my head as well.

Hopefully Gary Megson is allowed to continue the fine work that he has started down S6.

ninja.gif

You should be safe, G-A. Up here in S10, I hear good things about Megson from the Owls faithful. Having turned one ailing giant around, he'd surely not want to leave for the dubious benefits of Wearside when he's got prommotion, big crowds and next year's Crucible snooker still to look forward to?

Seymour M Hersh

The bitterness is oozing from every pore.

:seethe:

Talking shite as per DH.

It's a pretty accurate statement. Look at all the ex Ferguson players who've attempted management. Have any succeeded? But all are fated by the media. If I were a Sunderland fan I'd want shot of Bruce because he is crap not because he played for manure. But you just keep peddling yer pish son.

Drylaw Hearts

Talking shite as per DH.

It's a pretty accurate statement. Look at all the ex Ferguson players who've attempted management. Have any succeeded? But all are fated by the media. If I were a Sunderland fan I'd want shot of Bruce because he is crap not because he played for manure. But you just keep peddling yer pish son.

Son ?

You wish.

SAF is so feckin good the vast majority of Managers in the Premiership over the past 20 years have failed to succeed.

Seymour M Hersh

Son ?

You wish.

SAF is so feckin good the vast majority of Managers in the Premiership over the past 20 years have failed to succeed.

What pish you write.

His ex players have failed because they are crap managers but because of their links to him they get chances no-one else would get and are fawned over by the media.

Cannot think of a worse scenario having you as my issue so wrong again.

Archived