Best Hearts Side

JamboBen

This has probably been done before, so apologies in advanced if it has?

But what's everyone's views on the best Hearts side, would it be the class of 1986, 1998 or 2006?

I would pick 1986 not because of the skill, but because it was all home grown players and also because Robbo and Mackay were my favs, skill wise it would be a tough choice between the class of 1998 and 2006.

Just wondered what everyone's views on this was?

Cheers.

TBH I'd have to say 06 as I was too young to really remember 98 and therefore wasn't born in 86. Some of the players in that squad would get a game for any SPL outfit right now.

I would say 2006 shading 86 and then 98

2006 had the pace and power to dominate most teams, 86 definitely had the power and the heart. 98 was a great team with great players but in a one off match I think it would just come up short against the other two

I would say 2006 shading 86 and then 98

2006 had the pace and power to dominate most teams, 86 definitely had the power and the heart. 98 was a great team with great players but in a one off match I think it would just come up short against the other two

Thanks lads, we were out last night and it came up in conversation, it's not until you start thinking about when you realise that we have had some great sides over the years that we probably took for granted at the time it's actually a tough one to pick a side out that lot but 86 just shades it for me, just because of the home grown players and the Heart they played with that year.

i wish jj was my dad

Difficult one.

The 2006 side had most quality. Should have won the league but for some incredible decisions by Messrs Romanov and Brines.

The 1998 side gave me the best day of my life. I had almost given up on seeing Hearts lift a trophy.

But I feel more attached to the 1986 side. Within 3 or 4 years Doddie turned things around from the worst team in living memory to one that feared nobody. Even as a wee laddie I knew that was something special.

Archived