Sutton

Drewjambobusby

Drewjambobusby

Interested to know whether the concensus is that he has given us something extra up front ? He might not have actually have scored himself yet, but set Skacel up yesterday, and i suppose indirectly responsible for second goal, by winning the corner.

Many of us were getting stick, for harping on about giving him a run. Any of the Kickbackers concede that he maybe should have been included earlier, or still feel he isn`t the answer ? He had an excellent all round game yesterday imo. Personally i think he will only get better, and if we can figure out how best to play to his obvious strengths, and who best to partner him, things will improve in front of goal.

I'd stick with him for now. There should be more to come from him.

People were moaning that he can't header the ball but i seem to remember him scoring twice with his head against us to get the win for motherwell not so long ago. His big brother Chris was an expert at heading also.

I'd stick with him for now. There should be more to come from him.

People were moaning that he can't header the ball but i seem to remember him scoring twice with his head against us to get the win for motherwell not so long ago. His big brother Chris was an expert at heading also.

He set up Rudi with a header yesterday and aside from that he won a lot of knock ons into the right areas IMO. I like Stevenson but for all his endeavour and although he does win a lot of headers I don't think he puts them into the right area.

Sutton also got us the corner that won us the game so I think he is worth another shot up front.

Charlie-Brown

He's a bit of a mixed bag, some of his general play can be quite poor and he looks a bit slow & lethargic however his SPL scoring ratio is good and he scores some good goal. Don't know what kind of wages he's on but can see him being one of those they might look to move on?

Had a good game. Impressive considering he was frozen out for so long.

Keep him in for the next few home games at least.

Had the fashionable Obua set one up yesterday and earned the corner that led to the 2nd goal, there would be the usual suspects banging on about it.

He played really well yesterday.

Won loads of balls against Tokely and Hogg who are big guys.

Set up a goal, denied a great goal by a great save - which incidentally got us a goal scoring set piece.

He won't get involved in the rough and tumble like Kevin Kyle did but he does put himself about.

I said before Sutton up front supported by Skacel and Stevenson from midfield is our best option.

Toxteth O'Grady

He's fair banging in the goals.

I don't think playing Templeton on the left and Skacel on the right is ideal when Sutton is playing.

This encourages the wingers to cut inside rather than get to the by-line and fire in crosses.

Eggys goal came from one of the few occaisions Temps went to the by-line and crossed.

I don't think playing Templeton on the left and Skacel on the right is ideal when Sutton is playing.

This encourages the wingers to cut inside rather than get to the by-line and fire in crosses.

Eggys goal came from one of the few occaisions Temps went to the by-line and crossed.

Spot on fairly simple really

Totally this.

portobellojambo1

I think he is just one of many players who have been totally wasted by HMFC during Romanov's period here.

While I don't even think there is any argument whatsoever that he should be our main striker (anyone saying it should be Ryan Stevenson is either a Hibs fan or knows feck all about football) I do actually believe he is being played at the moment for no other reason than to get him in the shop window to move him on. It certainly isn't to benefit the team, as I don't believe either Mr Romanov or Mr Sergio really give a shit about making the team better on the park (not playing your best players, persevering with players who are having howlers and trying to offload others that should be playing suggests that to be the case).

The sooner the owner and the manager go the better it will be for HMFC.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He looked better in the physical battles yesterday and was quite clever with his flick ons and hold up play.

Service to him was piss poor so it's hard to judge but what I would say is he doesn't exactly burst a gut to get into the box if he's at the start of a move.

His shot that lead to the goal is something Stevenson isn't capable of though.

Drewjambobusby

I think he is just one of many players who have been totally wasted by HMFC during Romanov's period here.

While I don't even think there is any argument whatsoever that he should be our main striker (anyone saying it should be Ryan Stevenson is either a Hibs fan or knows feck all about football) I do actually believe he is being played at the moment for no other reason than to get him in the shop window to move him on. It certainly isn't to benefit the team, as I don't believe either Mr Romanov or Mr Sergio really give a shit about making the team better on the park (not playing your best players, persevering with players who are having howlers and trying to offload others that should be playing suggests that to be the case).

The sooner the owner and the manager go the better it will be for HMFC.

You know PJ , much as i would love to say your wrong your not. I cannot remember in all my 44 years of watching Hearts can i think of many, if any, times outside of Romanov reign where we had a better team at our disposal than was on the park. It has happened many times this season alone. Disgusting and the sooner we get back to Bread and Butter basics with people who know what the feck they are doing, the better.

Totally bang on the money.

Also Sutton is another one who just isn't comfortable plying up top on his own.

Not his fault - I think he's a more than capable striker and his record proves that - once again it's the system we play that hinders the stikers we have

Drewjambobusby

Not sure you actually know a lot about football, sadly. He has been , wrongly, left out and has shown more in the last 2 games in front of goal than we have shown for a very long time. Just for the record a Target Man is not all about scoring the goals he is there to bring his midfield into the game. Sutton does this with good hold up play and clever flicks and passes.

Sutton will get (or like yesterday set up goals) no sutton in the team = no goals. That was a great shot he had yesterday which I thought was in.

I'd like to think he had a great future at Hearts but have heard a few people agreeing with pj1 that he is being played with a view to selling him. This in my view is a shame as enough players contracts will expire in the summer. In saying all this the player has to agree a move and we would need a buyer both of which may not happen.

for me sutton was mediocre testerday I don't think he won nearly enough in the air. he seems to have bulked up a bit since moving from motherwell, and I think this has affected his mobility & pace. he had a few good touches yesterday & was very unlucky with a superb turn & shot which was netbound & foiled by a very good save from the keeper. I think we should persever with him so that he gets his sharpness back which may lead to him doing what he was signed to do...score goals.

Thought he played well yesterday. We are much better with him in the team. Thought he looked a lot more mobile aswell, than at the beginning of the season. Was up at Riccarton on tuesday and he was busting a gut in training, even stsying behind for extra shooting/heading practice with young Smith. Given the service, I think he will score a lot of goals. Hope he stays in the team. Thought Stevenson was awful yesterday!

:ninja:

Seymour M Hersh

Did well, despite being continually fouled Not sure what needs to happen before he gets a free kick.

I would agree with that FA and add that virtually the only time he got decent service near the box he made their keeper make a great save.

:spoton:

I didn't see much of a change in Sutton - he looked like he had exactly the same positives and negatives in his game.

He'll score us goals but if he is going to play up top on his own we will need more runners around him. We really struggled when we had Stevo and Rudi trying to support him. Given that they might well both be away that might not be such a problem come January.

one or two truly ludicrous comments on this thread. howling stuff.

sutton did well yesterday but the jury is still out. it's impossible to rate how well hearts played yesterday because of the conditions. overall i would say it was a reasonable game in a wind that made players look rather silly at times.

sutton certainly deserves to stay in for now.

Problem Officer?

I don't care if he doesn't score as long as he has a helping hand in others scoring.

Kyle only scored about three goals from open play up until January last season, and that was him playing most games. But he played a big part in most of our goals. Sutton has hardly played and will probably beat Kyle's three goals from open play come January if he continues to start.

Drylaw Hearts

You think that if a bunch of guys on the internet can spot this quite obvious flaw in the way we're lined up then the former manager of Sporting Lisbon could.

But no.

:spoton:

I didn't see much of a change in Sutton - he looked like he had exactly the same positives and negatives in his game.

He'll score us goals but if he is going to play up top on his own we will need more runners around him. We really struggled when we had Stevo and Rudi trying to support him. Given that they might well both be away that might not be such a problem come January.

a target man is perfect for Rudi, play him behind Sutton and have Taouil or someone running around with Temps

You think that if a bunch of guys on the internet can spot this quite obvious flaw in the way we're lined up then the former manager of Sporting Lisbon could.

But no.

Templeton set up a goal yesterday and Rudi scored so the tactic worked.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think the major thing about Sutton is that he looks a lot fitter now than he did when the season started. In the last two games he has won a lot of aerial balls and caused problems for his marker, despite being manhandled every time the ball came towards him. Good knock down for the first goal yesterday and an excellent turn and shot leading to the corner for the second, which almost everyone in the ground thought was in.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

He was good yesterday tbf. Worked a lot harder, won headers and chased the ball a lot more.

Set up the goals too. Great save from his effort on goal. He's definitely getting better and therefore should keep his place.

Drylaw Hearts

Templeton set up a goal yesterday and Rudi scored so the tactic worked.

Whilst I realise that winning the game is the top priority we need to create more chances for Sutton and this isn't happening in the current set-up.

Whilst I realise that winning the game is the top priority we need to create more chances for Sutton and this isn't happening in the current set-up.

If Rudi hadn't been played in that position we wouldn't have won though. He must have learnt that at Sporting Lisbon.

:greggy:

To have a go at that particular tactic when it contributed to is winning the game is laughable. But you know best DH.

Drylaw Hearts

If Rudi hadn't been played in that position we wouldn't have won though. He must have learnt that at Sporting Lisbon.

To have a go at that particular tactic when it contributed to is winning the game is laughable. But you know best DH.

You know for a fact we wouldn't have won if Rudi had played on the left ?

You know for a fact we wouldn't have won if Rudi had played on the left ?

The only fact I know is that tactic played a big part in us winning the game and you still have a moan about it.

It's quite a popular tactic to play wingers on their weaker side so they cut in, DH.

Maybe Templeton should work on his weaker foot at training so he has the option of cutting in and hitting the byeline. He'll be a much better player for it.

Rudi has scored 3 goals since moving to the right.

and 13 through the middle, im not saying he can't score now im saying he has to work harder for it, which i think has its positives

Drylaw Hearts

The only fact I know is that tactic played a big part in us winning the game and you still have a moan about it.

It's quite a popular tactic to play wingers on their weaker side so they cut in, DH.

Maybe Templeton should work on his weaker foot at training so he has the option of cutting in and hitting the byeline. He'll be a much better player for it.

I was commenting on the lack of chances we are creating for John Sutton and agreeing with the reasons why - what is the point in having a CF like Sutton if we aren't going to play to his strengths ?

Also..

Temps has been cutting in for months with very little success - it just isn't working for him.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

last season he played mostly on the left, cutting inside and shooting

Last season he played through the middle for the majority, with the odd game out wide.

Archived