Stuart Hall

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Big city fan,always got my kill at him on It's a Knockout when I was younger and he spent half the show laughing,also somehow ended up on the subs bench when Liverpool won the European Cup in Rome in 77,they wouldn't let the press pitch side and Shankley saw Stuart and put a Liverpool Tracksuit on him and he got one of the best seats in the house!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't believe I've never heard of him, it's only been the past few weeks tuning into the English games on the way back from the fitbaw I've discovered his genius.

They asked him how Boltons day was today and his response was to shout

'BLACK'

Then some ridiculous words I had never heard before. :laugh:

Very entertaining.

And of course he said this in an interview.

"Ask him to name an ideal footballer, though, and he favours Dave Mackay. "That Spurs double-winning side was mesmerising, and Mackay was its greatest talent. Great balance, great skill, peripheral vision, and muscular with it. He, and Duncan Edwards and Roy Paul at City, were players of a type that we don't see today. Mackay was a compendium of everything that I love in football. I was saying this once at Derby, before the game, and I was told, 'He's standing next to you!' He was working as a meeter and greeter. We had a laugh about it, and Mackay told me that I was his favourite football reporter! Here was a man, not just a footballer, you could respect. Of how many modern players could you say that?"

The Old Tolbooth

I remember him being the brilliant voice over in "It's a knockout"

I used to love that TV show when I was a kid! :D

His descriptions of some of the matches he attends are simply brilliant, I've always been a fan of his, and he's a good Man City stalwart too!

The Old Tolbooth

"Ask him to name an ideal footballer, though, and he favours Dave Mackay. "That Spurs double-winning side was mesmerising, and Mackay was its greatest talent. Great balance, great skill, peripheral vision, and muscular with it. He, and Duncan Edwards and Roy Paul at City, were players of a type that we don't see today. Mackay was a compendium of everything that I love in football. I was saying this once at Derby, before the game, and I was told, 'He's standing next to you!' He was working as a meeter and greeter. We had a laugh about it, and Mackay told me that I was his favourite football reporter! Here was a man, not just a footballer, you could respect. Of how many modern players could you say that?"

I got goosebumps reading that mate, brilliant! :thumbsup:

Can't believe I've never heard of him, it's only been the past few weeks tuning into the English games on the way back from the fitbaw I've discovered his genius.

They asked him how Boltons day was today and his response was to shout

'BLACK'

Then some ridiculous words I had never heard before. :laugh:

Very entertaining.

Never heard of Stuart Hall, pffft you've never lived

I remember him being the brilliant voice over in "It's a knockout"

I used to love that TV show when I was a kid! :D

His descriptions of some of the matches he attends are simply brilliant, I've always been a fan of his, and he's a good Man City stalwart too!

absofeckinlutely this!

he was definitely as much a part of my childhood as blue peter and jim'll fix it.

legendary voice of TV

Johanes de Silentio

:wub:

absofeckinlutely this!

he was definitely as much a part of my childhood as blue peter and jim'll fix it.

legendary voice of TV

You have issues there

tartofmidlothian

His radio reports are one of the high points of English footie. They should give him Lineker's job, although he must be 70-odd at least by now.

His radio reports are one of the high points of English footie. They should give him Lineker's job, although he must be 70-odd at least by now.

Try 80 odd.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He turned 80 last year!

Big city fan,always got my kill at him on It's a Knockout when I was younger and he spent half the show laughing,also somehow ended up on the subs bench when Liverpool won the European Cup in Rome in 77,they wouldn't let the press pitch side and Shankley saw Stuart and put a Liverpool Tracksuit on him and he got one of the best seats in the house!

That might have been someone else given that Shankly had left Liverpool three years before that.

A few years back Mr Hall opened a travel agents called Stuart Hall International Travel in Manchester S.H.I.T only lasted for a few months. got to be a piss take :thumbsup:

That might have been someone else given that Shankly had left Liverpool three years before that.

Wrong trophy,sorry it was the E.u.f.a cup final in Rome,that's drink for you!

Jam Tarts 1874

Stuart Hall is a genius of the airwaves.

Here is a little known fact, he actually owns all the It's a Knockout copyrights.

Legend funniest thing ive ever seen jeux sans frontiers penguins

you'll find it on You Tube. The most infectious laugh in TV history

Carl Fredrickson

This must be a first for Kickback - everyone in agreement!

Stuart is indeed awesome and is great entertainment value. I echo the sentiments of John & Bev Re Its A Knockout. He was the star of that show - as soon as he started laughing, you had to join in.

I like his radio summaries and as stated he comes across as fair and honest in his reporting.

Archived