Interesting discussion I overheard today

Locky

Heard 2 guys speaking after the game today and one of them said that he felt the players wages could be having an affect on their performance. Which is understandable. However, he later "Quite right, I wouldn't put in a shift at my work if I didn't get paid". Now, forgive me if I'm wrong but football players generally remain equipped for situations like this especially seeing as they're earning a neat bundle. But, in to the bargain I feel football players shouldn't moan too much and act like big bairns cos it's a week late or so as they are in a great job that many people worldwide would do for a small percentage of their pay. Plus, I'm hearing stories about players left, right and centre being in clubs, getting peshed and what have you. Now of course they are only human and are entitled to enjoy themselves after a long hard working week, but, they seem to be trying to live the playboy life which just doesn't really suit Scottish football at all. There seems to be no discipline at the club whatsoever and that in my opinion is what is affecting the players performances. Rant over.

Discuss.

ing:

Heard 2 guys speaking after the game today and one of them said that he felt the players wages could be having an affect on their performance. Which is understandable. However, he later "Quite right, I wouldn't put in a shift at my work if I didn't get paid". Now, forgive me if I'm wrong but football players generally remain equipped for situations like this especially seeing as they're earning a neat bundle. But, in to the bargain I feel football players shouldn't moan too much and act like big bairns cos it's a week late or so as they are in a great job that many people worldwide would do for a small percentage of their pay. Plus, I'm hearing stories about players left, right and centre being in clubs, getting peshed and what have you. Now of course they are only human and are entitled to enjoy themselves after a long hard working week, but, they seem to be trying to live the playboy life which just doesn't really suit Scottish football at all. There seems to be no discipline at the club whatsoever and that in my opinion is what is affecting the players performances. Rant over.

Discuss.

Lugging into other peoples conversations...Shocking :ermm:

They are professional footballers. They play football for a living. Money is a motivation, hence why win bonuses are offered.

Of course not getting paid as agreed could affect some of them.

You widnae get this kind o shite at Auchinleck!

Might sound like a silly question...but do players get paid playing for Junior sides? :huh:

Regardless of how much you earn, you expect to be paid that amount. I earn more than one of my mates, but have more outgoings than him. I earn less than another mate, and have less outgoings than him.

It's natural to assume that footballers will spend more money. Yes most probably have enough put aside to get by, but not being paid regularly is still going to have a negative effect on the squad.

Might sound like a silly question...but do players get paid playing for Junior sides? :huh:

Yes.

In fact, some junior sides can pay more than some of the more cash strapped clubs at the bottom of the SFL.

Most people live up to their means. If u earn ?25k a year, you'll have a mortgage of ?100k. If u earn ?5k a week at hearts, ?250k a year, you'll have a mortgage closer to ?1m plus bigger payments on cars etc.

It's all relative and the least these guys should expect is getting paid on time, like we all do.

Most people live up to their means. If u earn ?25k a year, you'll have a mortgage of ?100k. If u earn ?5k a week at hearts, ?250k a year, you'll have a mortgage closer to ?1m plus bigger payments on cars etc.

It's all relative and the least these guys should expect is getting paid on time, like we all do.

While I agree with what your saying here, there is no chance in hell any Hearts player has a mortgage of ?1 million. :blink:

Archived