Ryan McGowan

Johanes de Silentio

Drylaw Hearts

Mind a certain poster from Drylaw confidently claiming he'd never make it at Hearts?

I do.

He was amazing today.

That was when we were trying to play him in midfield - a position he quite clearly wasn't capable of playing.

I have stated many times since that he looks far comfier at RB.

:kirk:

Drylaw Hearts

Or even a Portuguese CD, with a bit more speed and skill, to do what Bruno did with Ritchie and McManus.

Why Portuguese ?

Really need an experienced centre back to tutor him...fortunately No.6 is not it. Unless he wants to learn how to hoof the ball aimlessly.

Drive the team on Ryan.

Why Portuguese ?

To be more accurate I should have said someone that the manager knows and trusts, so he is more likely to be Portuguese than Fijian or Outer Mongolian etc but any nationality would do as long as he does the job. Not a big issue I would have thought.

Drylaw Hearts

To be more accurate I should have said someone that the manager knows and trusts, so he is more likely to be Portuguese than Fijian or Outer Mongolian etc but any nationality would do as long as he does the job. Not a big issue I would have thought.

Paulo Sergio won't be here next season imo.

Infact I think it's doubtful he'll be here past January.

Yep if am right he won every tackle he went for yesterday.

He missed one tackle late on in the second half but got back and blocked the cross. Made some brilliant tackles yesterday though and never gave up. Nearly created a goal too, well played Ryan!

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

That was when we were trying to play him in midfield - a position he quite clearly wasn't capable of playing.

I have stated many times since that he looks far comfier at RB.

:kirk:

No it wasn't. It was after the Rangers game I think - he didn't play midfield then.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Ibrox at the start of the season.

I think. I really can't remember tbh. I just remember he played a few games and you came out with this ridiculous "he won't make it at Hearts" line and it bugged me and I wanted to bring it up once he started getting a run and doing well.

Drylaw Hearts

I think. I really can't remember tbh. I just remember he played a few games and you came out with this ridiculous "he won't make it at Hearts" line and it bugged me and I wanted to bring it up once he started getting a run and doing well.

He was excellent at RB that day - he made a mistake for the goal right enough but other than that he didn't lose a tackle.

He would never have made it if they continued to play him in CM.

Drylaw Hearts

Sound.

So you were wrong, again, yeah? Just so that's established.

No...I was right.

Ryan McGowan is never a CM'er in his life.

Great to see him get stuck in - he's got a great attitude for the game.

A bright light in that minging season when Shaggy put him on for the last 15 minutes against Gretna in their last SPL game. He played centre half and went on a couple of mazy runs. Gave away a penalty too though I think. :lol:

No...I was right.

McGowan had a poor game in midfield at Ibrox last season. When Jonsson was sent off, Ryan moved back to CH and was excellent for the last 20 mins or so.

Paulo Sergio won't be here next season imo.

Infact I think it's doubtful he'll be here past January.

The thread is about Gowser not Sergio.

One of the few players in the squad right now that I would class as a favourite. His work ethic, professionalism and ability are top drawer (especially in a position that is not natural to him). Plus his hatred of Hibs is beyond admirable.

Hope he's here for a long time to come.

One of the few players in the squad right now that I would class as a favourite. His work ethic, professionalism and ability are top drawer (especially in a position that is not natural to him). Plus his hatred of Hibs is beyond admirable.

Hope he's here for a long time to come.

The one thing that surprises me is that the last 3 managers did not rate him highly enough to give him a regular game. I'm sure he didn't suddenly come good.

Could he have played at LB last season when Trigger got injured?

jamboinglasgow

The one thing that surprises me is that the last 3 managers did not rate him highly enough to give him a regular game. I'm sure he didn't suddenly come good.

Could he have played at LB last season when Trigger got injured?

Jim Jefferies was gutted when he found out his loan to Ayr had been extended and he could not recall him in the 09/10 season, but when he came back in 10/11 season JJ didn't play until the last few games of the season, I thought that was a real waste.

I remember the post you refer to quite well.

The statement was not whether or not he would make it as a CM, it was that he absolutely wouldn't make it at Hearts.

Drylaw Hearts

I remember the post you refer to quite well.

The statement was not whether or not he would make it as a CM, it was that he absolutely wouldn't make it at Hearts.

He wouldn't have made it if he hadn't been moved to FB.

Both McGowan and Hearts have been fortunate that we've needed him to cover at FB as there wass every chance he could well have disappeared off the scene altogether.

If he'd been still viewed as the CM'er everyone kept saying he was he would have been out on loan again imo.

No...I was right.

He has actually performed well in centre midfield for our youth team and for Ayr United.

I look forward to him proving you wrong twice over. cool.gif

Drylaw Hearts

He has actually performed well in centre midfield for our youth team and for Ayr United.

I look forward to him proving you wrong twice over. cool.gif

But he hasn't in the Hearts First Team.

jamboinglasgow

But he hasn't in the Hearts First Team.

How about you actually let him have a chance in midfield rather then write him off because of one or two performances there.

Drylaw Hearts

How about you actually let him have a chance in midfield rather then write him off because of one or two performances there.

I'd rather he stayed at FB where he has performed very well imo - we're overloaded with CM'ers.

jamboinglasgow

I'd rather he stayed at FB where he has performed very well imo - we're overloaded with CM'ers.

I am not saying he should move now, just in the future if he is played in CM give him a chance of a run of games before writing him off completely.

Drylaw Hearts

I am not saying he should move now, just in the future if he is played in CM give him a chance of a run of games before writing him off completely.

Ok. I'll do it seeing as you asked so nicely.

Still......

His only good matched have been at FB and that is were his immediate future lies imo.

Ended up sitting next to McGowan in the second half at Dunfermline away. Seems a nice lad sitting in with the fans having a chat. :thumbsup:

He did say that a position in the back 4 is his preferred option but would play anywhere. Another 10 with his attitude would be ideal.

Charlie-Brown

I wonder if his brother Dylan will come back next season? He's almost a Ryan clone and can similarly slot into a number of defensive and midfield positions.

Ok. I'll do it seeing as you asked so nicely.

Still......

His only good matched have been at FB and that is were his immediate future lies imo.

He's had some good matches at CB too.

For the first team ?

Aye, he was motm last game of the season vs dundee united. Did very well when he was moved back into cb vs rangers, his debut v gretna too.

Archived