Ryan McGowan

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Deserves a thread after his outstanding man of the match performance today.

I wish we had another ten like him.

Take a bow, Ryan! :thumbsup:

when Grainger returns Hamill should make way imo

Agreed, he seems a very solid player and has a great work ethic and drive on the pitch. Id hope some of his youthful exuberance might rub off on our other players.

Hamill is a bombscare, Mc Gowan has far more mobility, vision and better timing in the tackle...fullbacks=Grainger & McGowan for me!

will-i-am-a-jambo

I agree I thought he was excellent today, thoroughly deserved MOTM.

Well done Ryan, keep up the good work! :D

Hamill is gash, what's with the hesitation in every single thing he does!!

While I don't think he is gash I have to admit the hesitation is starting to annoy the **** out of me.

Great shout, he was our best player by a mile.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hamill is gash, what's with the hesitation in every single thing he does!!

I have to agree. Even throw ins, what's that all about :unsure:

[/quote

Hamill was torture today, he even had a go at supporters in the Wheatfield.

McGowan is a top quality player, though because of his age and lack of games occassionaly gets caught out of position which is completely understandable.. His best games this season were at the two trickiest grounds we've played at, Ibrox and White Hart Lane, which highlights how accomplished a player he currently is.

Should be our first choice right back and Hamill should be moved to midfield as the only way he will improve is with more game time.

stirlingshirejambo

Hamill is awful no control no vision no passion and terrible at defending in the box. Just raises his arms and turns his back. Back to point my laddie got few looks when he had McGowan put on his shirt at start of the season. Worn it with pride ever since none more so than White Hart Lane until today. Great performance great passion and unlike another tweeter offers unconditional support when not in team.

Johanes de Silentio

I have to agree. Even throw ins, what's that all about :unsure:

I'll tell you what that's about - there's no movement - nobody shows or comes looking for the ball - that's hardly Hamill's fault.

Absolutely outstanding today, hardly missed a tackle in difficult conditions :thumbsup:

This lad has all the attributes to go far in the game

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'll tell you what that's about - there's no movement - nobody shows or comes looking for the ball - that's hardly Hamill's fault.

He has to take more responsibility then, call players towards him, point to where he wants them to run or take the throw quicker. If he can't do that then leave the throw in to someone else :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

He has to take more responsibility then, call players towards him, point to where he wants them to run or take the throw quicker. If he can't do that then leave the throw in to someone else :thumbsup:

Disagree - ful backs take throw ins - the players infield need to make themselves available to take the ball - some of them had their backs turned to the ball.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Disagree - ful backs take throw ins - the players infield need to make themselves available to take the ball - some of them had their backs turned to the ball.

Full backs usually take the longer throw ins granted but players closest to the ball can always take quick throws and take teams by surprise. However I agree with your point that the other players have up their awareness and keep their eye on the ball.

jamboinglasgow

He is really good physically, he has the right attributes to make it at a bigger club than us imo.

add to that he has a fantastic professional mindset. A future captain for us.

Jambof3tornado

Ryan showed great composure at times today,pity the same cannot be said for zal(bombscare) and webster(far too casual at times).

Definitely the real deal. :thumbsup:

anyone think we could get away with a Mullen-McGowan-Webster-Grainger back four? i think so, if we sell Zal i think Gowzer isn't the kind of player that needs to be walked through a game by someone else

jamboinglasgow

anyone think we could get away with a Mullen-McGowan-Webster-Grainger back four? i think so, if we sell Zal i think Gowzer isn't the kind of player that needs to be walked through a game by someone else

I was saying this to a few friends today, certainly for next season if we get rid of quite a lot of the first team but keep the ones above (and Hamill) and even McDonald, then you can afford to drop one and put a youngster such as Mullen for Hamill, or McHattie for Grainger, or Ridgers for MacDonald and still keep a solid defence to allow the younger players in midfield and attack the confidence to know that any mistakes will be covered.

Having enjoyed another good performance from Ryan I have to wonder why this lad does not have have 50-100 first team appearances under his belt. This is the kind of player we need in the difficult times ahead.

Can anyone see Ryan moving into central defence and becoming captain? Next season?

Prefer him at right back, since he likes to bomb up field.

Hamill annoys me a lot. Shit at corners and free kicks. Why on earth is he doing our set pieces? He never tests the goalkeeper with his 'free kicks' and his corners are really ineffective.

I rather see Touill or Skacel taking the set pieces.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Mind a certain poster from Drylaw confidently claiming he'd never make it at Hearts?

I do.

He was amazing today.

Craig Levein should be calling him up for Scotland. McGowan should have been capped for Australia by now, we are gash, absolutely horrible, I'm sure Ryan would answer the call too.

Johanes de Silentio

Craig Levein should be calling him up for Scotland. McGowan should have been capped for Australia by now, we are gash, absolutely horrible, I'm sure Ryan would answer the call too.

G'day, Dylan, you bloody *******! ;)

Not Dylan, just from same situation, Scottish parents but born in Australia, both from South Australia too. I do not know the McGowan's at all, Ryan should be getting a call up to Australia at least, we are ******* terrible at the moment.

Johanes de Silentio

Not Dylan, just from same situation, Scottish parents but born in Australia, both from South Australia too. I do not know the McGowan's at all, Ryan should be getting a call up to Australia at least, we are ******* terrible at the moment.

Ryan looks like a proper footballer, mate - and his attitude is spot on - would love to see him in our national side. :)

Ryan looks like a proper footballer, mate - and his attitude is spot on - would love to see him in our national side. :)

Yep. completely wasted with Australia's national side at the moment. Should be a Hearts regular from what I've seen this season, much better than Hamill at least.

Doing well at RB/LB.

Deserves his start.

Time for him at Centre back eh? But for which one? ;)

Looking very promising. I still think Hammil has what it takes, I thought he was one of our better players at the start of the season.

Trouble is I've liked the look of McGowan at right back. Part of me says if we are likely to lose Zaliukas come January we should be letting Gowzer have a go at centre half.

Gowser was excellent yesterday. He Was our best outfield player yesterday, would have been my man of the match if it were not for the 2 or 3 saves by Kello especially the one in the first half after big Zal was snoozing.

Well done, he deserves to stay in the team.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think he's got the makings of a quality centre-half, would like it if Webster was here next season to coach him into the role like snakey did with him all those years ago.

A really likeable player who we can all get behind and he is extremely strong in the tackle.

McGowan is a top quality player, though because of his age and lack of games occassionaly gets caught out of position which is completely understandable.. His best games this season were at the two trickiest grounds we've played at, Ibrox and White Hart Lane, which highlights how accomplished a player he currently is.

Should be our first choice right back and Hamill should be moved to midfield as the only way he will improve is with more game time.

I think he's got the makings of a quality centre-half, would like it if Webster was here next season to coach him into the role like snakey did with him all those years ago.

A really likeable player who we can all get behind and he is extremely strong in the tackle.

Yep if am right he won every tackle he went for yesterday.

ToadKiller Dog

At this time moving him to CB ,i think we would lose the advantage his pace gives us with him at RB/LB . Has shown a few times he can run past defences .

Or even a Portuguese CD, with a bit more speed and skill, to do what Bruno did with Ritchie and McManus.

Archived