ratings

BigAlim

Francis Albert

He is regularly supported on here.

Absolutely dreadful player, I seriously struggle to think of a centre back that has played more than the odd game for us that was worse. He isn't good enough for Hearts and isn't good enough to be a regular centre back for Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

I don't think he has many "supporters" just some who defend him against the absurd extremes of some of his critics. If he is the worst centre back ever to play for us and the worst in the SPL then he must have some defence and midfield covering for him and delivering the second best defensive record this season and (in those games he played) one of the best last season.

And don't give me the "it's all down to Kello" line - he is good but not that good, and has had to cope with very few shots on target in recent games - all of 2 yesterday.

Sutton was poor imo

Complete and utter horseshit.

I don't think he has many "supporters" just some who defend him against the absurd extremes of some of his critics. If he is the worst centre back ever to play for us and the worst in the SPL then he must have some defence and midfield covering for him and delivering the second best defensive record this season and (in those games he played) one of the best last season.

And don't give me the "it's all down to Kello" line - he is good but not that good, and has had to cope with very few shots on target in recent games - all of 2 yesterday.

I'll respond to you in a similar fashion re Zaliukas. Our defensive record is down to team efforts, not any individual. I happen to believe we have been good defensively in spite of Zaliukas.

I will say it again, remembering the bits you left out, that Zaliukas is the worst defender I have seen play with any degree of regularity for Hearts.

'zaliukas is the worst ever hearts CH' chat.

:cornette:

and it still comes from people who you would otherwise categorise as knowing a bit about football. can understand it coming from the background noise element but the fact it's routinely trooped out from people who appear to know a bit is absolutely mystifying.

Jam Tarts 1874

Kello - 7 - one vital save

Hamill - 3 - I think he was involved in the build up to the winner and that was the first and only good thing he did

Webster - 4 - casual and careless, distribution appalling

Zaliukas - 4 - two terrible lapses of concentration, it's not good enough

McGowan - 8 - out of position but terrific attitude

Skacel - 6 - upped workrate in second half and another great finish

Jonsson - 6 - much better when more advanced

Obua - 6 - always on the fringes but did OK

Stevenson - 4 - anonymous, could do with a seat on the bench

Templeton - 5 - cuts inside and runs into a brick wall, hits the byeline and creates a goal - lesson to be learnt?

Sutton - 6 - better workrate than earlier in the season but lacked support

Mrowiec - 6 - has zero flair but knows how to play the defensive midfield role

Taouil - 5 - good sub to bring on when we need to keep the ball

Robinson - on for two minutes and nearly got an assist, I really like the wee man, in fact I think we all do

I saw him cut inside a few times, not always into a brick wall, on occassion he got a shot away as he always does every game. Only a matter of time before they start going in for him again.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I used to be a massive critic of Zaliukas, I genuinely hated him at one point, but I think he's progressed as a player.

There is no denying his concentration levels are absolutely ridiculous but he showed how important he is when he was dropped, we were all over the shop. From what I've heard he's a good captain as well.

He's off though so it's time to look to the future but he's a decent player who'll probably end up at a decent club.

The White Cockade

So you don't remember Steve Hamilton, or Colin More, or Stuart Gauld, or Brian McNiell?

My my!

Steve Hamilton was v good for most of his time with us

More and Mcneil were central defenders (crappy central defenders)

Agreed Gauld was mince

Johanes de Silentio

Steve Hamilton was v good for most of his time with us

More and Mcneil were central defenders (crappy central defenders)

Agreed Gauld was mince

Hamilton was very lightweight, was freed, and struggled at East Fife. Shame, as I had high hopes for him. The late Bobby Robinson played right back a lot in 80/81, while Moncur insisted on playing Kidd in midfield. :blink:

McNiell was a utility man who could play accross the back four, and in midfield - I'm sure that most of his games for us were at right-back, though - our centre-half pairing that season (81/82) was Roddie McDonald and Stuart McLaren.

More was a centre half, but he did play at right-back as well - my God, we were terrible in 80/81!

Gauld was a big streak of pishy water.

The Old Tolbooth

I know this won't be popular, but, Marius Zaliukas is one of the worst footballers I have seen appear in a Hearts jersey with any degree of regularity.

A truly awful football player that is ridiculously supported on here,

He is regularly supported on here.

Absolutely dreadful player, I seriously struggle to think of a centre back that has played more than the odd game for us that was worse. He isn't good enough for Hearts and isn't good enough to be a regular centre back for Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Bang on the money BH! :thumbsup:

Sutton cant win, lots of posters saying the Caley lads had their hands all over him yet complain that he cant head the ball, as anyone who has played football at any level will tell you only the slightest of challenges will spoil your contact to the extent of missing by metres rather than hitting the back of the net. Would be fairer to criticise misplaced free headers by him, his flick on for the goal was perfect and that was a free header.

Sutton cant win, lots of posters saying the Caley lads had their hands all over him yet complain that he cant head the ball, as anyone who has played football at any level will tell you only the slightest of challenges will spoil your contact to the extent of missing by metres rather than hitting the back of the net. Would be fairer to criticise misplaced free headers by him, his flick on for the goal was perfect and that was a free header.

His assist for the goal notwithstanding, Sutton doesn't look like a player with much aerial ability. Holds the ball in quite well though, and I think he'd finish quite well too, given half a chance to gain some sharpness.

Francis Albert

Complete and utter horseshit.

I'll respond to you in a similar fashion re Zaliukas. Our defensive record is down to team efforts, not any individual. I happen to believe we have been good defensively in spite of Zaliukas.

I will say it again, remembering the bits you left out, that Zaliukas is the worst defender I have seen play with any degree of regularity for Hearts.

So who are these defenders who are doing a superb job in maintaing close to the best defensive record in the league despite being effectively a man short (or having a ticking time bomb in their midst?)

And who are "Zal's supporters"? Anyone who doesn't join in when he is wrongly blamed for us conceding a goal? I can honestly never remember anyone suggesting Zal was more than an average centre back or naming him as one of their favourites.

So who are these defenders who are doing a superb job in maintaing close to the best defensive record in the league despite being effectively a man short (or having a ticking time bomb in their midst?)

And who are "Zal's supporters"? Anyone who doesn't join in when he is wrongly blamed for us conceding a goal? I can honestly never remember anyone suggesting Zal was more than an average centre back or naming him as one of their favourites.

Marian Kello

Jamie MacDonald

Danny Grainger

Ryan McGowan

Jamie Hamill

Andrew Webster

Eggert Jonsson

Adrian Mrowiec

Ian Black

Ta.

As for the the last bit, you don't honestly think I have some sort of list, do you? I will not apologise for you not seeing such comments. :)

FWIW Sutton was helper in the 2 goals :thumbsup:

Header on for Skacel for the 1st, and for the 2nd goal his shot was palmed out by the keeper leading to the resulting corner.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I know this won't be popular, but, Marius Zaliukas is one of the worst footballers I have seen appear in a Hearts jersey with any degree of regularity.

:down: There's so much wrong with this.

1. given the persistent downscoring of our captain on this thread, it has to win the "Crowd-Pleaser Dressed as Something Else" award of the week.
  2. Webster almost sold 2 penalties, was twice saved by Kello and couldn't judge the flight of a high ball all day, preferring to cause panic by letting the ball bounce first yet he has been consistently scored higher than Zal (I do like Webster though)
  3. Zal won every header that came within range and had one dodgy moment when he strode forward early in the game
  4. There's not a single centreback in the SPL that I would swop him for (even though Tokely had an outstanding game at centre half for Caley Thistle)

My dad begins, when talking about him, by saying 'After supporting Hearts for X number of years, he's one of the poorest players I've seen, and the worst candidate for Captain...' Which I agree with. He always pushes the ball too far in front of him, tries too hard at being a midfielder by driving forward and opening up space behind him for a quick counter when he looses the ball. I wasn't at the game but by all accounts it was another poor performance from him. Not surprised. Sooner he goes the better.

Seen Skacel's goal and his link up with Sutton, and I'm rather nervous about loosing him in January. Surely a reduced deal to see him through to May is in both parties best interests? No?

Seen Skacel's goal and his link up with Sutton, and I'm rather nervous about loosing him in January. Surely a reduced deal to see him through to May is in both parties best interests? No?

Will be gutted if/when Skacel leaves.

He could've had a 2nd goal near the end there (it's on the highlights) David Obua's shot went wide, and all he had to do was square it and Skacel had a tap in. Skacel's movement is fantastic, always in the right place at the right time. He's got another 2 or 3 years no bother at this level.

Does anybody know if we are going to keep him until May?

1. given the persistent downscoring of our captain on this thread, it has to win the "Crowd-Pleaser Dressed as Something Else" award of the week.
  2. Webster almost sold 2 penalties, was twice saved by Kello and couldn't judge the flight of a high ball all day, preferring to cause panic by letting the ball bounce first yet he has been consistently scored higher than Zal (I do like Webster though)
  3. Zal won every header that came within range and had one dodgy moment when he strode forward early in the game
  4. There's not a single centreback in the SPL that I would swop him for (even though Tokely had an outstanding game at centre half for Caley Thistle)

Point 4, you are either blind or never attend SPL football.

FRANCIS ALBERT- Please read the above post, most specifically point 4. Ta.

I wish for jason thomson to return in place Of hamill. Never thought that i would want to see the ging back - but he is decent in the air and can tackle. Timing is slightly better that hamill. Use of left peg - just as bad - what do they do in traning?????

Sorry,Hammil aint that bad. Jason Thomson, just naw!

I am reliably informed Jason Thomson has already been told he'll be released from his contract upon returning from his loan.

I am reliably informed Jason Thomson has already been told he'll be released from his contract upon returning from his loan.

Good :thumbsup:

Any more contract news?

Totally agree with all you say .

:thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Marian Kello

Jamie MacDonald

Danny Grainger

Ryan McGowan

Jamie Hamill

Andrew Webster

Eggert Jonsson

Adrian Mrowiec

Ian Black

Ta.

As for the the last bit, you don't honestly think I have some sort of list, do you? I will not apologise for you not seeing such comments. :)

You missed a few. Ismael Bouzid for one, who partnered Zal in our best run last season. Strangely, he got even more abuse than Zal, despite his efforts in coping with his bombscare partner.

Strange too that I've not seen many threads praising these giants for their superhuman efforts in overcoming the huge disadvantage of coping with the bombscare's presence. In fact Hamill, Mrowciek, Black and Jonsson (when in the back 4) have generally been not that far behind Zal in the abuse stakes. Yet we concede so few goals when Zal is playing, irrespective of who is playing with him.. It's a puzzle.

Oh, and congratulations on identifying one Zal supporter.

Thunderstruck

You missed a few. Ismael Bouzid for one, who partnered Zal in our best run last season. Strangely, he got even more abuse than Zal, despite his efforts in coping with his bombscare partner.

Strange too that I've not seen many threads praising these giants for their superhuman efforts in overcoming the huge disadvantage of coping with the bombscare's presence. In fact Hamill, Mrowciek, Black and Jonsson (when in the back 4) have generally been not that far behind Zal in the abuse stakes. Yet we concede so few goals when Zal is playing, irrespective of who is playing with him.. It's a puzzle.

Oh, and congratulations on identifying one Zal supporter.

This is bang on the money.

What is ridiculous and bordering on unhealthy obsession is the way that, win, lose or draw, Zaliukas is singled out for criticism by the same few posters. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. They alone know the reason for their obsessive need to criticise the player but I would suggest that their antipathy has a deeper and more sinister basis than a simple belief that he is a poor footballer.

For the avoidance of doubt, he is not the greatest centre half but he is far from the worst. Out of the current crop of Centre Backs in Scotland, I would only place the pair at Ibrox ahead of him and Webster. If anyone thinks that Majstorovic, Loovens, Tokley, Kenneth, Considine, Hogg or the current unfortunates at Easter Road would be an improvement, they need to have a word with themselves.

No he wasnt imo :)

He barely moved. People want him to be good so say that he was. He wasn't, he isn't the solution to our goal issues.

Archived