Do you know the rules of the game ?

Tams bird

9/10

Only one i got wrong was that i thought you couldnt score directly from kick-off. Apparently you can.

9/10. Ive done this a few times and usually do pretty well. I got the question about where do managers have to stand during a shoot-out. I put the technical area but its the technical area and touchline apparently.

It would be interesting to see how the refs do...:whistling:

9/10.

Only one I got wrong was max number of subs.

Answer was 3, I thought it was 6 as in 3 per team.

So really, 10/10.

One of my questions . can you play on a square pitch ? I said no, and I forgot to see what one's I got wrong :unsure:

Off to the match,Have a good afternoon all.

itsnomarooned
<br />9/10 only one I got wrong was that an abusive physio cant be shown a red card just subject to a report.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

But wasn't our Physio shown a red card after that match at Hamilton a couple of years ago? Presumably not but I seem to remember the press collectively creaming themselves.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.939217,-3.232712

8/10. I said shorts weren't compulsory because I've seen keepers wearing joggers in the past, and the same penalty shootout touchline/technical area one as someone got wrong above (I hadn't read the thread before I did it!

8/10 sub handling ball on pitch I thought dropped ball not indirect free kick and sub red carded before the game I thought he could be changed

Bloody stupid looking back but the logic made sense at the time

9/10 for me, got confused by one of the questions because there were two right answers. Turns out I should have chosen both. Ah.

Good quiz though.

10/10 for me!!! some silly questions but common sense sees you through id say. explains a lot about scottish refs tho :)

8/10, one genuine mistake and one stupid mistake.

Didn't know you can't be offside from a goal kick.

Said goalies can wear the same coloured top as the ref, thinking I've seen a goalie in a black top. Obviously forgetting the ref can change colours! :huh:

8/10

Didn't know that you can't gain a height advantage by climbing on a teammates back to win a header. :vrface:

why not? :blink:

9/10.

I put non-playing substitutes must stand in the technical area during a shootout, when they may stand there, or the touchline.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I got 4 :vrface:.

Genuinely thought you could be offside from a throw-in, pretty sure I've seen it happen before.

Tripped up on the goal kick questions. Can honestly say I had no clue that the kick had to be re-taken if it didn't make it outside the penalty area, resulted in me getting a few wrong.

I got 4 :vrface:.

Genuinely thought you could be offside from a throw-in, pretty sure I've seen it happen before.

Tripped up on the goal kick questions. Can honestly say I had no clue that the kick had to be re-taken if it didn't make it outside the penalty area, resulted in me getting a few wrong.

4/10 not good but probably better than an old firm fan would get, every one of thier answers would be "penalty to gers/celts or the opposition player has to be sent off"

9/10.

Knew there was a ban on jewellery, but didn't realise it was total. :unsure:

i got this one wrong as well, how come you can wear it as long as its taped up

9/10 didn't know you can't score an OG direct from a corner

Why on earth is this even a rule? Can anyone conceive of a circumstance under which this could apply?

Why on earth is this even a rule? Can anyone conceive of a circumstance under which this could apply?

The reason they gave on the quiz was 'keeper comes to halfway at a corner, guy taking corner hits it to him and it goes past him and into net

:Vlad-Stupid:

The reason they gave on the quiz was 'keeper comes to halfway at a corner, guy taking corner hits it to him and it goes past him and into net

:Vlad-Stupid:

if they are stupid enough to do that it should be a goal!

John Montgomery

7/10. I didn't think that if both keeper and out field player changed position they would both be booked. I thought it would only be if the outfield player handled the ball. I also thought if a linesman strayed on to the pitch and the ball struck him (as opposed to the referee) it would be a bounce ball and not play on. Probably seen it happen though.

JamboAberdeen

8/10

No idea maximum circumference of the ball.

Also kick-off goal cannot stand unless someone touched ball before the goal scored.

9/10! Had no idea that the team that wins the toss just gets to choose the end they attack, thought they could choose to kick off

One of the questions is worded wrong, 'maximum number of substitutes' should surely be 'maximum number of substitutions'?

7 substitutes

3 substitutions

A Boy Named Crow

9/10 only one I got wrong was that an abusive physio cant be shown a red card just subject to a report.

The only one I got wrong was that seemingly obtains can't be sent off for swearing at the ref while on treating a player. Physios are the untouchables of world football!

9/10

Only one i got wrong was that i thought you couldnt score directly from kick-off. Apparently you can.

That was my only wrong answer too :unsure:

9/10

never knew this 1

10. A player takes a corner kick and plays the ball towards his goalkeeper who has moved up field to join the attack. The goalkeeper misses the ball and the ball goes all the way through and ends up in his own goal without any player touching it. What should the referee award?

Your Answer:

Goal

Correct Answer:

Corner kick

Gregory House M.D.

9/10

never knew this 1

10. A player takes a corner kick and plays the ball towards his goalkeeper who has moved up field to join the attack. The goalkeeper misses the ball and the ball goes all the way through and ends up in his own goal without any player touching it. What should the referee award?

Your Answer:

Goal

Correct Answer:

Corner kick

That's quite a famous question. Like the Penalty crossbar offside rule.

One of the questions is worded wrong, 'maximum number of substitutes' should surely be 'maximum number of substitutions'?

7 substitutes

3 substitutions

Definite proof of corruption!

9/10

A player takes a corner kick and plays the ball towards his goalkeeper who has moved up field to join the attack. The goalkeeper misses the ball and the ball goes all the way through and ends up in his own goal without any player touching it. What should the referee award?

Archived