LOWEST SCORERS IN SPL

rick witter

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

ONLY WAY IS DOWN FOR HEARTS IF WE CANT GET THE BALL IN THE NET. 13 LEAGUE GOALS ONLY SCORED. NOT GOOD

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

ONLY WAY IS DOWN FOR HEARTS IF WE CANT GET THE BALL IN THE NET. 13 LEAGUE GOALS ONLY SCORED. NOT GOOD

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!

Thank you! :)

kennyblack'sshot

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

At this moment would you rather have 19 points and a GD of +3 or, say, 14 points and a GD of -8?

Captain Lithuania

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

You're not even trying to blend in are you?

:hobofish:

I was actually going to start a thread on this as I just noticed it too. Is there still a media ban from hearts? If not I would love one of the monkeys to ask csaba sergio straight out how he can justify constantly playing one striker with wingers on the wrong wings when we are the lowest scorers in the league. We are currently the least entertaining team in the league which is pretty hard to take.

kingantti1874

Black, Jonson and more ice as the creative force and a midfielder up front and driver, touail, Elliott, Sutton generally no where near squad. You don't have to be Jose mourinho to work out we won't score many

The post may be in caps. It may even reek.

But...... the point is a valid one. One which we are all aware of and aside from all the "stop shouting" and "yer a hobo" deflections, we know is an issue.

We arent scoring enough goals.

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

2nd best defensive record :thumbsup: we could win all our games 1-0 for all I care.

Not like it's the first time it's ever happened is it? Funny that the last time we did have a half decent scoring record we had a half decent midfield. :rolleyes:

Tokyo Drifter

Things picked up under JJ in terms of scoring, but it's a problem we've had for years now. Even back in the "glory season" it was Hartley and Rudi banging in most of the goals.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

2nd best defensive record :thumbsup: we could win all our games 1-0 for all I care.

But we don't though? :unsure:

I agree inpart but we also really lack creativity in the middle of the park

mostly as a result of choosing to play 3 defensive midfielders in the middle of midfield.

We have Templeton, Skacel, Taouil, Novikovas, Robinson (whats happened to him), plus Stevenson who are all more creative.

In saying that, was good to see the manager at least try something different at the weekend even if we didn't get a result on the day.

It get?s worse

Out of the 42 league clubs only 3 teams have scored less.

Looks like Sergio is stamping his footballing philosophy on the team after all.

It get?s worse

Out of the 42 league clubs only 3 teams have scored less.

Also worth keeping in mind that there have been fewer lower leagues fixtures than there have been SPL. (12 or 13 games played to our 15)

:ninja:

In other words, do not go to Hearts games if you wish to be entertained.

I was very entertained at the recent game at Tannadice and v Rangers,thanks

In all my years we never really have been a free scoring team other than a handful of seasons.

A big part is the quality of shooting from outside of the box, Rudi is the only present player who seems capable.

Nelly Terraces

In other words, do not go to Hearts games if you wish to be entertained.

Thousands don't, as the multiple empty seats tomorrow will testify.

2nd best defensive record though

Just as well because scoring so few goals is usually a problem reserved for the relegation clubs.

Stevenson has been playing,his work rate is good but not creative imo,robinson is on the bench week in and week out,ive no problem playing 1 or 2 defensive midfielders but they have to be in the team to allow another midfielder to get foward and create/score whilst also contributing to attacks themselves at times,if he persists with the 3 defensive midfielders id like to see two wingers start

Stevenson has been playing yes, but as a striker. Says it all about our philosophy. 0-0 seems to be our aim.

Agree with most of the rest of what you say. I've no problem with 1 or 2 defensive midfielders. 3 is too much though, especially when it's 3 DM's plus a a midfielder up top.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I was actually going to start a thread on this as I just noticed it too. Is there still a media ban from hearts? If not I would love one of the monkeys to ask csaba sergio straight out how he can justify constantly playing one striker with wingers on the wrong wings when we are the lowest scorers in the league. We are currently the least entertaining team in the league which is pretty hard to take.

What's wrong with one up front? Templeton is better on the left than the right, hence why he plays there. When your full backs are pushing high up the pitch it makes sense for the wingers to cut inside, allowing the full backs to overlap and provide an extra attacking option. It's more of a European formation being used by a European manager, should be no surprise to anyone.

Radioactive Mince

I think we are gonna give someone a proper hiding soon. Hope it's Pat's Penises from down the road.

I was just gonna post this, albeit sarcastically :mellow:

You're for real, aren't you?

:stare:

I think we are gonna give someone a proper hiding soon. Hope it's Pat's Penises from down the road.

Not sure if i agree with that or ever believed in the theory that if you go a few games without scoring, despite creating many chances and playing well, that you are eventually going hammer someone using that basis.

Who`s to say we`ll not keep missing chances week after week? Obviously we are going to hit the net soon, but it`s how many?

We really need to give something a bit extra in the last third, be it more determination, more thought and cleverness and ultimately being more clinical. But until we show signs that we are improving on that front it`s very much in doubt as to how capable we are of hitting the net regularly.

Last season it was good to see Hearts back to being the one we all know, being dangerous in front of goal and scoring regularly, certainly in the early part.

For all his supposed faults JJ knew how to get out of players what they could give best and how to break teams down.

portobellojambo1

Not sure if i agree with that or ever believed in the theory that if you go a few games without scoring, despite creating many chances and playing well, that you are eventually going hammer someone using that basis.

Who`s to say we`ll not keep missing chances week after week? Obviously we are going to hit the net soon, but it`s how many?

We really need to give something a bit extra in the last third, be it more determination, more thought and cleverness and ultimately being more clinical. But until we show signs that we are improving on that front it`s very much in doubt as to how capable we are of hitting the net regularly.

Last season it was good to see Hearts back to being the one we all know, being dangerous in front of goal and scoring regularly, certainly in the early part.

For all his supposed faults JJ knew how to get out of players what they could give best and how to break teams down.

Think the problem is we aren't really creating enough chances to even miss a percentage (which even John Robertson did), although it depends on what you class as chances. I posted last week that I was very surprised when John Sutton came off, as he had been instrumental in bringing midfielders into the game. The problem was he was having to come slightly deeper to pick up the ball, which was often played to him at chest height, and he was having to lay it off into midfielders paths

I've never really understood any manager who, in a league game, fails to go more offensive when behind, whether you lose 1-0 or 10-0 you still get no points. Different in two legged European ties, you might expect the team to dig in away from home, and happily settle for a 1-0 loss, in the hope of turning the tie round at Tynecastle.

But once we were behind last week we needed to get an additional man up front, we needed to try and save the game, Stephen Elliott should have come on to play alongside John Sutton, not as a replacement for him.

Sydney from Sydney

AS THE THREAD TITLE SAYS

Players who can't get a game might make a difference. We're predictable and easy to play(defend)against. The coach either has his hands tied by the owner or he's total mince.

Think the problem is we aren't really creating enough chances to even miss a percentage (which even John Robertson did), although it depends on what you class as chances. I posted last week that I was very surprised when John Sutton came off, as he had been instrumental in bringing midfielders into the game. The problem was he was having to come slightly deeper to pick up the ball, which was often played to him at chest height, and he was having to lay it off into midfielders paths

I've never really understood any manager who, in a league game, fails to go more offensive when behind, whether you lose 1-0 or 10-0 you still get no points. Different in two legged European ties, you might expect the team to dig in away from home, and happily settle for a 1-0 loss, in the hope of turning the tie round at Tynecastle.

But once we were behind last week we needed to get an additional man up front, we needed to try and save the game, Stephen Elliott should have come on to play alongside John Sutton, not as a replacement for him.

Aye, PS really needs to let loose a little bit sometimes. Its the SPL ffs and i`ve never ever understood a Hearts team trying to play a cagey game, worrying about conceding. We are one of the clubs up here who should be leading the way and disposing of teams in a positive manner.

The poitn about JS is good. Despite it being given offside, Rudi`s goal came about from a lovely clever flick from JS in a tight situation. This is what we need, players getting in around him inside the box.

I think so too. :thumbsup:

We're playing well enough with no luck in front of goal. Its a confidence thing and an early goal will calm nerves and we'll give somebody a doing. :thumbsup:

Maybe today but as you say it'd be nice against Hibs. :thumbsup:

What's wrong with one up front? Templeton is better on the left than the right, hence why he plays there. When your full backs are pushing high up the pitch it makes sense for the wingers to cut inside, allowing the full backs to overlap and provide an extra attacking option. It's more of a European formation being used by a European manager, should be no surprise to anyone.

I hear what your saying about temps, however this thread is about us being the lowest scorers in the leagues which would suggest my comments are correct? What percentage do you reckon john colquhoun played on the wrong wing? What about Neil mccann? I'm not saying temps isn't contributing enough for himself it's just not enough for the team. Think I would like to see suso on the right and driver on the left for a few games and see what they can CREATE then maybe we won't be the lowest scorers anymore?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I hear what your saying about temps, however this thread is about us being the lowest scorers in the leagues which would suggest my comments are correct? What percentage do you reckon john colquhoun played on the wrong wing? What about Neil mccann? I'm not saying temps isn't contributing enough for himself it's just not enough for the team. Think I would like to see suso on the right and driver on the left for a few games and see what they can CREATE then maybe we won't be the lowest scorers anymore?

But Templeton isn't playing on the 'wrong wing' so to speak, its his strongest side (imo). Suso's not fit (going by several posts on here over the last few months), but I'm sure he'd be in the squad if he was. Driver I also agree with but there's something going behind the scenes in his case (again, imo), and he should be in the side every week when fit.

I do get what you're trying to say but we need to play to our strengths and Sergio is trying to set us up this way (one up front, pace out wide, well organised back line) so we need to keep persevering with it. Get one goal and there'll be no stopping us, something just needs to click.

Archived