Driver

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Just caught a glimpse of a headline in the Evening News - something about Andy Driver and a loan move being blocked or something?

Any gen?

Just caught a glimpse of a headline in the Evening News - something about Andy Driver and a loan move being blocked or something?

Any gen?

Sure it was the News as i can't see anything at a glance on the E.E.N page?

Johanes de Silentio

Sure it was the News as i can't see anything at a glance on the E.E.N page?

Sure it was! :blink:

The main headline was 'Silence of the Trams'! :lol:

Hearts have apparently demanded an up-front fee from any club wanting to loan him, which i think has pissed of him and his advisers as they were under the impression this wouldn't be the case. Other stuff about Sergio clearly not rating him as he's been fit for two months yet still never getting picked, etc.

Problem Officer?

Apparently an over 65's five-a-side team put in a short-term bid but Vlad was having none of it. ::troll:::'>

Hearts have apparently demanded an up-front fee from any club wanting to loan him, which i think has pissed of him and his advisers as they were under the impression this wouldn't be the case. Other stuff about Sergio clearly not rating him as he's been fit for two months yet still never getting picked, etc.

if this is true then... :cornette:

Paulo Sergio will forever be remembered as the manager that played Black, Mrowiec and Jonsson simultaneously but didn't rate Driver :yucky:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Maybe hearts are just wanting him fit long enough to be able to sell him, hence him not getting a game?

Seems likely to me. :(

mahgrassyshoes

I've said it before, I'll repeat it here.

Hearts cannot afford to play Driver.

I've seen this a few time, but I don't understand why he came on for 5 minutes against St Mirren?

Maybe hearts are just wanting him fit long enough to be able to sell him, hence him not getting a game?

Who is going to buy him for anything like the money hearts want when he has only appeared fleetingly in 2 years.

The truth is Hearts can not afford not to play him

The team averages 1.9 points per game that he plays

His scoring average is 3 per full game played

And more importantly his stock value is going down the toilet.

The truth is Hearts can not afford not to play him

The team averages 1.9 points per game that he plays

His scoring average is 3 per full game played

And more importantly his stock value is going down the toilet.

Would like to bring a player back in who scores 3 per game he plays! Can't remember any of his hat tricks though. :lol:

If Sergio really does not rate Driver highly enough to play him instead of some of the players he has chosen in the last 2 months then he should be removed from his post. :down:

I can only assume it is a money thing that Driver isn't playing because what we need right now is a player that can create and score goals.

I've seen this a few time, but I don't understand why he came on for 5 minutes against St Mirren?

Who is going to buy him for anything like the money hearts want when he has only appeared fleetingly in 2 years.

Got to agree with this.

jack D and coke

We operate like no other club I've ever known. Utter madness he's tossing it off on the sidelines and we're having to suffer the likes of mwrowiec who as long as he has a hole in his star won't ever offer anything worth a **** to man nor beast.

If Sergio doesn't rate Driver he should be removed forthwith.

stirlingshirejambo

Sergio is a moron for not picking Driver.

He should start every Hearts game with no exceptions.

Who should he start instead of. Templeton or Skacel?

Bearing in mind he has played so little football this season he will need time to get match fit

The Mighty Thor

Absolute madness. One of, if not the best player on our books.

He's clearly not doing it in training.

:blink:

Charlie-Brown

As much as he's a good player on his day and seems like a nice level headed young man I think it's clear that his days at Hearts are all but numbered and we will be lucky if he makes more than a handful of further appearance if he even makes any at all.

Bearing in mind he has played so little football this season he will need time to get match fit

I'd play Eggert, Skacel, Stevo, Driver and Templeton with Sutton up top on his own.

He played against Paksi when he clearly wasn't fit and managed to score and then he has rarely been seen since, very strange.

that doesn't explain coming on for the last 5 minutes against St Mirren though :huh:

John Gentleman

As much as he's a good player on his day and seems like a nice level headed young man I think it's clear that his days at Hearts are all but numbered and we will be lucky if he makes more than a handful of further appearance if he even makes any at all.

I agree Charlie, but that being the case why does the club put barriers on any loan deals by asking for a fee upfront? He's reputedly a high earner (if and when he gets paid) and is contracted to 2013.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the management people around Hearts are clueless, impotent and rudderless. That's their good points.

chester copperpot

He has been trying his hardest in training aswell, cant understand why Sergio isnt picking him!! :whistling:

fat-kid.jpg

:lol:

That looks like Driver anaw.

If Driver was half the player HE thinks he is, he would be average!

He has been trying his hardest in training aswell, cant understand why Sergio isnt picking him!! :whistling:

fat-kid.jpg

Is that him running to the bar at Lulus because it is close to last orders?

I agree Charlie, but that being the case why does the club put barriers on any loan deals by asking for a fee upfront? He's reputedly a high earner (if and when he gets paid) and is contracted to 2013.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the management people around Hearts are clueless, impotent and rudderless. That's their good points.

who would be paying his wages?

Loan fees are very, very common with players that have a decent market value. Hearts paid a loan fee for Skacel when we got him from Marseille on loan.

It is all about protecting your asset. If Driver goes out on loan it will be to a team with a view to buying him in the summer. Any loan fee paid is normally deducted from the transfer fee agreed. So for example if Hearts wanted ?2m for Driver and the loan fee was 200k then it would be agreed that the fee would be ?1.8m between those clubs. Hearts would want the ?2m from any other interested club.

I hope I have explained that well, been up most of the night writing a report. ;)

Loan fees are very, very common with players that have a decent market value. Hearts paid a loan fee for Skacel when we got him from Marseille on loan.

It is all about protecting your asset. If Driver goes out on loan it will be to a team with a view to buying him in the summer. Any loan fee paid is normally deducted from the transfer fee agreed. So for example if Hearts wanted ?2m for Driver and the loan fee was 200k then it would be agreed that the fee would be ?1.8m between those clubs. Hearts would want the ?2m from any other interested club.

I hope I have explained that well, been up most of the night writing a report. ;)

Shame we'll have to knock off a zero from each of those figures

Wait and see my friend.

Sounds promising, I hope you're right and we do ultimately still get that kind of money for him. By god do we need it.

When you don't play one of your best players, if not the best, it to me sums up how this club is being destroyed by 'The Mentalist'. Andy Driver is a great pro who has had a terrible time with injury, he only wants to repay the club that he loves for looking after him through the dark times, but no, we have a manager who was @ Sporting Lisbon as a manager ? did you know, the mentalist found him while playing champ manager 2011. I just wish we could get a buyer to remove this cancer(Vlad) from our club, once and for all.

MacDonald Jardine

We operate like no other club I've ever known. Utter madness he's tossing it off on the sidelines and we're having to suffer the likes of mwrowiec who as long as he has a hole in his star won't ever offer anything worth a **** to man nor beast.

If Sergio doesn't rate Driver he should be removed forthwith.

He's by no means the first player this has affected.

Rangers had a full back from Man City in that position a few years ago.

Because Templeton has been shite since this time last year.

He's by no means the first player this has affected.

Rangers had a full back from Man City in that position a few years ago.

They also refused to play Michael Ball, as one more appearance would have meant they owed Everton a wad of cash. He did not play again until a compromise with Everton was reached. So this, we are the only club to do this, is once again a crock of sh1te.

They also refused to play Michael Ball, as one more appearance would have meant they owed Everton a wad of cash. He did not play again until a compromise with Everton was reached. So this, we are the only club to do this, is once again a crock of sh1te.

As you say, Everton would have been owed money.

Where are the indications that anyone would be owed money (beyond the usual wages/bonuses etc) if Driver plays - offset of course by a reduction in that owed to the player who would drop out of the 14? If the club can't afford to pay Driver to play games for us - who authorised the contract? Why did Driver get 5 minutes the other week if it is all about appearance money? Another belter of an effort by the useless and ridiculous Board at Hearts.

That said, the comments in the press suggest that it is Sergio who does not rate Driver enough to play him.

I know it is only an example you are giving but the chances of Hearts getting ?2m for Driver are dead and buried now.

I'd play Eggert, Skacel, Stevo, Driver and Templeton with Sutton up top on his own.

:spoton:

Careful though, you run the risk of being chased out of Kickbackville with your hair on fire these days fer the mere mention of John Sutton in the starting XI.

I know it is only an example you are giving but the chances of Hearts getting ?2m for Driver are dead and buried now.

You may be surprised mate. Football people know that he is a good player and it's non footballing reasons that he is continually omitted from the team.

I will go on record and say that in my opinion Andy Driver is our best player and certainly our most potent attacking player.

You may be surprised mate. Football people know that he is a good player and it's non footballing reasons that he is continually omitted from the team.

I will go on record and say that in my opinion Andy Driver is our best player and certainly our most potent attacking player.

I also think we should be playing him as he is one of our better players and possibly the best on his game but don't see him as a ?2m player. I think most of the clubs who show any interest will be looking for a bargain as they know he is one of the highest paid players at the club and Hearts will want him off the payroll asap.

Is it true Driver and Sergio had a wee fall out ?

Yes, Dunfermline away if I remember correctly. 19 players travelled and he was the 1 left out. Same thing happened with Skacel in Inverness but he channeled the anger the right way and forced himself back into the team. :thumbsup:

Archived