Pete Doherty banged up for 14 weeks

Nelly Terraces

John Findlay

He could die of a drug overdose tomorrow and I personally wouldnt give a Donald Duck.

John

I P Knightley
Funny thing is I reckon if the red tops were are around back in the day and as savage as they are now there would be a lot of old artists who we would see as just junkies.

Pete's lifes been ruined by drugs, probably, but the press has done nothing to help.

My view is he shouldnt be locked up, waste of money, he should be made to do endless community service and gve some thing back rather than go in to an organisation that will just mean he doesnt have to leave the building to get drugs.

Along the lines of what I was planning to write when sifting through the thread.

I'm sure that there's more than a modicum of talent there (I haven't been tempted to listen in detail) but he's been drawn to our attention in the crappy, sensationalist press due to his antics rather than his abilities.

A lot of artists in the '60s and '70s got up to a lot worse than Doherty but the press wasn't so desperate in those days.

I disagree on the locking up. He's continually flouted the law and it's right that he's banged up. Of course, there are thousands of others in the country who do the same thing but without the attention of press and wannabes with mobile phone cameras so they'll get away with it; but, tough. PD has a high profile life and needs to learn to cope with it.

Nelly Terraces
The Libertines aren't even the best band to come out of London in the last 20 years. He's a talentless twerp, who rode on Mick Jones' production skills and Peter Perets back catalogue.

I hope he gets rogered stupid in the nick.

Correct there Sir. I saw the Libertines twice early on as there was a buzz about them in London, and their pathetic desperation to become somehow 'rock'n'roll' and 'dangerous' was actually the most excruitiatingly embarrassing things I've witnessed.

Plus, to compare him to The Beatles or Stones in their drug taking habits is a bit like comparing yer Auntie who likes a sherry at Christmas to yer average Buckfast Jakeballwho can't duntion without getting smashed out their skulls and hanging rond town centres.

Naturally, due to his overhyped bands tour being sold out is evidence of this public schooll tossbags 'genius' and nothing to the festering cult of personality that pervades British culture these days. Something, from the evidence I witnessed around 5 or 6 years back Doherty would only be too ready to partake in.

I've just written his next tune:

I Love you Kate

Albion - man, it's so great

Watcha, cor blimey, I'm a plastic ******-er-nee

Awight mate!

**** mug of the highest order. Actually, no, leave that mantle for his followers.

Cheers.

Walter Kidd
Correct there Sir. I saw the Libertines twice early on as there was a buzz about them in London, and their pathetic desperation to become somehow 'rock'n'roll' and 'dangerous' was actually the most excruitiatingly embarrassing things I've witnessed.

Plus, to compare him to The Beatles or Stones in their drug taking habits is a bit like comparing yer Auntie who likes a sherry at Christmas to yer average Buckfast Jakeballwho can't duntion without getting smashed out their skulls and hanging rond town centres.

Naturally, due to his overhyped bands tour being sold out is evidence of this public schooll tossbags 'genius' and nothing to the festering cult of personality that pervades British culture these days. Something, from the evidence I witnessed around 5 or 6 years back Doherty would only be too ready to partake in.

I've just written his next tune:

I Love you Kate

Albion - man, it's so great

Watcha, cor blimey, I'm a plastic ******-er-nee

Awight mate!

**** mug of the highest order. Actually, no, leave that mantle for his followers.

Cheers.

Me as well mate, I got him and his band on the NME Miller tour back in the day. He was smashed out of his face on cheap speed and cider. Carl Barat was actually a lovely fella and apologised about his "mate".

3 Degrees East in Brick Lane bouncers were going to fill him in by the end of the night. Vowed never to get him another gig after that.

Nelly Terraces
Media hysteria ruins poor, talented songwriter's life.

He'll never get back on the straight and narrow but I really wish the papers would just leave him alone. Apparently that's what everybody wants anyway.

I feel for the guy. He doesn't stand a chance.

Mate, Doherty was fked up on scag well before the red tops started getting a whiff of him. He only has himself to blame for his problems, well, him and his fawning hangers on.

Nelly Terraces
Me as well mate, I got him and his band on the NME Miller tour back in the day. He was smashed out of his face on cheap speed and cider. Carl Barat was actually a lovely fella and apologised about his "mate".

3 Degrees East in Brick Lane bouncers were going to fill him in by the end of the night. Vowed never to get him another gig after that.

Thats one of the venues I saw them in. Have never met Barat but my mate Tam Ferguson who writes for Billboard (responsible for me attending the gigs) has and says he's a decent enough guy. Barat - the talented one.

eeeeeewww I'm guessing cheap speed is even worse than the normal shight!

I'm not saying the wee Junky waste of Skin hasn't got Talent, he's Just, well a wee Junky waste of skin...The picture in the Paper of him Injecting a Girl who was already so out of it she was unconciuos (sp?) and the MTV interview were he sprayed his blood from a syringe onto the interveiwer, well that shows what kind of P**** he is :mad:, Hope the Public Shoolboy, wannae be Bad boy enjoys his time in prison, Hope he's made to get the soap on a few occasions...He'll be used to that mind you, with his Public School upbringing!!

You didn't say it. However you said that he had performed gigs recently while out of his head by means of quoting others.

Not really tricky if you follow the flow of the thread.

So I didn't say it? So then I didn't admit he is always off his head?

Well thanks, but I think you're confusing yourself, first saying I did then backing me up.

:)

doctor jambo

Why get so het up over someone who pays for his own drugs?

If he can afford them through working (as he seems to be able to do) then where is the harm?

Seems to me that what he does with his own money is his business

He has no kids so there are no issues there, and his habit costs the tax payer nothing until we bang him up

Let him kill himself on drugs if he wants- its up to him

fair enough get your knickers in a twist if it was tax payers money being blown on smack, but it aint

Same for Winehouse

Why get so het up over someone who pays for his own drugs?

If he can afford them through working (as he seems to be able to do) then where is the harm?

Seems to me that what he does with his own money is his business

He has no kids so there are no issues there, and his habit costs the tax payer nothing until we bang him up

Let him kill himself on drugs if he wants- its up to him

fair enough get your knickers in a twist if it was tax payers money being blown on smack, but it aint

Same for Winehouse

I agree with the crux of what you are saying. Though he does have a child from an ex partner i believe.

Alot of red-top/dailymail readers on Kickback i see.

Docherty should have been banged up long ago. The man is a disgrace. He's more famous for being a junkie than for any songs he's written. Says it all really.

I agree with the crux of what you are saying. Though he does have a child from an ex partner i believe.

Alot of red-top/dailymail readers on Kickback i see.

Don't read red-tops or the Daily Mail but I do find him deeply boring. How could that have happened?

PsychocAndy

There's a 71 year old woman in jail for refusing to pay her council tax. 2 or 3 years ago she was jailed for the same thing, some misguided well wisher paid her bill and she was released the next day. Serial offender?

Talented oxygen thief caught while on bail for drugs offenses with drugs gets a slap on the legs and told not to do it again, something like 3 times. Thats why people don't like him.

What a waster, what a ******ing waster

You ****ed it all up the wall

Round the corner where they chased her

There's tears coming out from everywhere

The city's hard, the city's fair

Get back inside you've got nothing on

No you mind yer bleedin own you two bob cant

When she wakes up in the morning

She writes down all her dreams

Reads like the book of revelations

Or the Beano or the unabridged Ulysses

Oh I really wanna know

So tell me, where does all the money go?

where does all the money go?

Straight, straight up her nose

And I never really liked it any way

So much preferred it the other way yeah

What a divvy what a fu**ing div

Talking like a moron, walking like a spiv

I was laying in bed paying my rent

Knocking on the door for something

That she lent her brother

Meanwhile from under the covers she says

Save me from tomorrow now, save me from tomorrow now,

Oh no, Oh no not me

Never really liked it any way

The citys hard the citys fair

Anyone calling Peter Doherty talentless is, to be quite frank, a ****. NT is now calling him a plastic cockney? WTF Do me a favour.

Walter Kidd

The city's hard, the city's fair

When she wakes up in the morning

She writes down all her dreams

Reads like the book of revelations

Or the Beano or the unabridged Ulysses

Oh I really wanna know

So tell me, where does all the money go?

where does all the money go?

Straight, straight up her nose

What a divvy what a fu**ing div

Talking like a moron, walking like a spiv

I was laying in bed paying my rent

Knocking on the door for something

That she lent her brother

Meanwhile from under the covers she says

Save me from tomorrow now, save me from tomorrow now,

Oh no, Oh no not me

Never really liked it any way

The citys hard the citys fair

Anyone calling Peter Doherty talentless is, to be quite frank, a ****. NT is now calling him a plastic cockney? WTF Do me a favour.

It's hardly Jarvis Cocker or Ray Davies is it??

Waste of oxygen.

Some are hard to please, 'Likely Lads' is a definate Tune.

It's blasphemy to use the Likely Lads in such a manner.

Bob and Terry must be spinning in their graves. If they're deid.

He has a way with a lyric, but that makes him a decent lyricist, not a good songwriter. Big difference. His singing is appalling and his attempt to play a song on acoustic guitar on Jonathan Ross' TV show was fist-chewingly embarrassing.

Pure gold as a tabloid bad boy but an utter nobody musically.

Archived