Napoli v Manchester City

Craigieboy

how bad is joe hart. he is the weak link in that city side. IMO should have saved both napoli goals

Shay Given is a far better keeper than Hart. Hart got the nod for one reason and one reason only - he's English.

Shay Given is a far better keeper than Hart. Hart got the nod for one reason and one reason only - he's English.

agree.

how many mistakes has hart made this season, must be close to double figures

Hmmm, I dunno ... they're both decent enough just not in the top tier, still you're probably right about the nationality thingy though.

funny that ... Napoli didn't do their homework there ... should have known on a cross like that Hart'd lay it on a plate for a savvy attacker.

City have been pretty poor in the CL this year compared to the Premiership and I can't quite decide if its because the standard is of a much higher standard in the CL or if its just the fact that they're novices in the CL and are struggling to get to grips with it.

It seems like sides in the EPL can't handle David Silva at all but that the European sides find it much easier.

Rudolf's Mate

City have been pretty poor in the CL this year compared to the Premiership and I can't quite decide if its because the standard is of a much higher standard in the CL or if its just the fact that they're novices in the CL and are struggling to get to grips with it.

It seems like sides in the EPL can't handle David Silva at all but that the European sides find it much easier.

I think you have a point or rather a couple however European football is totally different to club football. I can only think of two teams which possibly use the same formula in Europe as in the their league and that would be Barca & Real!

Personally I hope City get done over simply due to Mancini's comments re being as good as Barca.

I have said this before Le Chat. It's not the players who are undoubtably world class, but Man City as a club are showing a certain niavety about the CL. I reckon it may just take a couple of seasons for them to find their feet in it.

Too one paced for most of the game!

YaYa had just about his worst game for MC!

Final ball in the last third woeful!

I have said this before Le Chat. It's not the players who are undoubtably world class, but Man City as a club are showing a certain niavety about the CL. I reckon it may just take a couple of seasons for them to find their feet in it.

That's kinda how I'm looking at it.

I appreciate that there's a load of crap in the Premiership but City have taken supposed world-class Premiership sides apart this season.

The aim for City this season should be the Premiership so getting knocked out of the CL (Bayern will win at Eastlands) shouldn't be a bad thing for them at all really.

kingantti1874

Too one paced for most of the game!

YaYa had just about his worst game for MC!

Final ball in the last third woeful!

But but but - they're as good as barca ...

That's kinda how I'm looking at it.

I appreciate that there's a load of crap in the Premiership but City have taken supposed world-class Premiership sides apart this season.

The aim for City this season should be the Premiership so getting knocked out of the CL (Bayern will win at Eastlands) shouldn't be a bad thing for them at all really.

With the money spent by City in comparison to every side in the Champions League never mind Napoli it's a complete embarrassment for Manchester City to be eliminated in the Groups.

Take away the power and pace that is the theme that runs through the EPL and there's not an awful lot left. The current crop of EPL teams below City just aren't that good right now. In Bayern and Napoli you have two rather good teams to watch that hopefully go far in this competition.

Hart, as Souness just pointed out, did make some wonderful saves

Napoli were wonderful again, play football totally differently & it's exciting to watch. Crowd/stadium looked frightening!

Rudolf's Mate

Napoli were wonderful again, play football totally differently & it's exciting to watch. Crowd/stadium looked frightening!

Thing is when Hart does make mistakes it's generally in games which he's pulled some top drawer saves out the bag. Unfortunately for a keeper it's the mistakes which get highlighted.

Craig would be class at City

I'm genuinely struggling to think of any 'wonderful' saves. He made a few routine saves ... all of which were either straight at him (which is about positioning) and/or poor finishing ... the one on one where messed if the attacker knew what he was doing. He's good but well over-hyped ... for a so-called top class keeper he makes far too many errors.

Take away the power and pace that is the theme that runs through the EPL and there's not an awful lot left. The current crop of EPL teams below City just aren't that good right now. In Bayern and Napoli you have two rather good teams to watch that hopefully go far in this competition.

I agree with what you are saying to a certain extent, but City absolutely destroyed both United and Spurs in the Premiership and they're both good technical sides.

City are obviously a good side technically but I don't think they're very streetwise on a European level.

I agree with what you are saying to a certain extent, but City absolutely destroyed both United and Spurs in the Premiership and they're both good technical sides.

City are obviously a good side technically but I don't think they're very streetwise on a European level.

You might well be right on the streetwise front. In city I see a team with excellent finishers ... some of the best money can buy ... on their day they are indeed a team capable of destroying teams (vs Spurs they were playing the reserve team and vs Utd the stars aligned for them that day) but they're always liable to ship a few, especially against teams with a bit of smarts about them.

I still feel City are a couple of players short of challenging the best teams.

I was worried before hand about the quick breaks from Naomi,sadly proved correct in this case.NDJ is like playing with a man short in games like thisAdd in another couple of mistakes by Hart again and City will struggle to qualify.

Good 1st half,poor 2nd.Still hope they can keep their form going in the league.I would take the league over the Champions league before the season started.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1465849_manchester-city-fan-injured-ahead-of-champions-league-clash-in-naples

seems it was actually 6 bayern fans got stabbed general

and 4 scouse tims last year aswell

why the hell,do uefa still allow these scumbags to play in europe???.

Scumbags? If i hadn't managed to out run Liverpool fans after the Naples game at Anfield I might have been a statistic myself but I didnt call for Liverpool scum to be thrown out of Europe. Don't be so naive. Forza Napoli!

Anyone think the opening goal was an OG? I had mario first goal scorer and the opener looks dubious

Anyone think the opening goal was an OG? I had mario first goal scorer and the opener looks dubious

That's your wallet shouting for you ... camera angle from the corner taker's perspective shows Cavani got a wee headflick on it ... slight but a touch nonetheless.

That's your wallet shouting for you ... camera angle from the corner taker's perspective shows Cavani got a wee headflick on it ... slight but a touch nonetheless.

Ha aye your right, thought he got a touch but not goalwards, il just put it down as another conspiracy ;)

Ha aye your right, thought he got a touch but not goalwards, il just put it down as another conspiracy ;)

Seem to recall he may well have had a couple of chances to win you that dosh ...

all the english teams will go out before the semis, only chelsea will get to the quater finals. in the next round man united are going to draw bayern barcelona or real madrid and all 3 will beat them comfortably.

:pleasing:

What I find even more pleasing is the fact that Manchester United, despite being in the 2nd easiest group (and one that any of the top seeds would have ripped hands off for), still need to get a result in Basel to qualify against a team that pumped 3 goals past them at Old Trafford.

What I find even more pleasing is the fact that Manchester United, despite being in the 2nd easiest group (and one that any of the top seeds would have ripped hands off for), still need to get a result in Basel to qualify against a team that pumped 3 goals past them at Old Trafford.

At least they'll be able to take solace in the fact that they only had 3 pumped past them the last time at OT rather than SIX

:verysmug:

Mancini will win City the league title but they will need someone better to take them to the next step of winning the Champions League just as it was at Inter.

Mancini will win City the league title but they will need someone better to take them to the next step of winning the Champions League just as it was at Inter.

not many guys like that around

Fozzyonthefence

all the english teams will go out before the semis, only chelsea will get to the quater finals. in the next round man united are going to draw bayern barcelona or real madrid and all 3 will beat them comfortably.

Man Utd might not even be in the next round - lose their last game in Basel and they are out. Wonder if Fergie will chuck the toys out the pram and cut that post match interview short too?

Man Utd might not even be in the next round - lose their last game in Basel and they are out. Wonder if Fergie will chuck the toys out the pram and cut that post match interview short too?

Probably would be funny if basel beat them lol, imagine sky's outrage if the top 2 in England went out before the last 16.

At least they'll be able to take solace in the fact that they only had 3 pumped past them the last time at OT rather than SIX

Dont agree, this was said last season, Mancini will get top 4 and a trophy but someone new needs to take them to the league title - now its some new for the CL.

Mancini is going about this the right way - step by step, last years goal was top 4 and a trophy, this year will be the league and next year the champions league. The players are getting a taste of the CL this year but their focus is on the league.

We also, had Mancini is boring - now look what he's doing in the EPL, fully believe he will do the same in the CL next season.

Archived