Youngsters at Raith

Obua is a Hero

Obua is a Hero

Can only be good !

Dont know if it is a step up in ability from the 19s but they will certainly prosper

Also , does anyone know if Prychenko has played at all for Raith ?

It is good :) Gives them first team action at a different kind of competition.

Denys has played twice I think (and been booked twice :) )

southside1874

Can only be good !

Dont know if it is a step up in ability from the 19s but they will certainly prosper

A couple of months of first team football before they are brought back in January to play for us. I wonder if their positions tells a story of who we may offload??

Can only be good !

Have a little think before you post.

Prychenko has played for Raith . Two games, not impressing the Raith fans so far .

Raith fan at work asked what the fuss about Denys was, nothing better than they have he said, where are we if Holt Walker and Smith struggle at Raith too, its a very risky strategy , these lads are under big pressure to perform at Raith , if what we are led to believe they are being fast tracked to the Hearta first team squad within 6 weeks

Armadale Jambo

They can step up to the spl with no probs at all.

Our league is pish and full of overpaid english championship wannabes.

If we do get shot of the bigger earners, I'd have no issues letting the young boys loose on the rest of the dire teams.

Only problem........Paolo would need to sort the tactics out toot sweet

Raith fan at work asked what the fuss about Denys was, nothing better than they have he said, where are we if Holt Walker and Smith struggle at Raith too, its a very risky strategy , these lads are under big pressure to perform at Raith , if what we are led to believe they are being fast tracked to the Hearta first team squad within 6 weeks

That sounds as though you think there is a possibility they might not be the real deal. If that is the case we are better finding out at Raith than finding out in our first team - if they ever got there. It seems they will not get any better playing in the U19s so we have to do something.

The Old Tolbooth

Teams don't just 'happen', they need time to gel with the old players and get used to the new pressures of playing in the first team in front of large crowds every second week.

When Robbo, Mackay, Whittaker, Levein etc were brought through in the 80's the last time we had to do this, it took them a wee while to gel into a team, but look at the team we had once it all panned out (before anyone says it, I know it will be different this time around as that team stayed together, this team will be sold off as soon as one of them shows any ambition), I just think that it's not all doom and gloom bringing in the laddies.

to be fair to Denys the games at Raith are pretty much his first games of an injury-hit season, its going to take time for him to get up to speed.

to be fair to Denys the games at Raith are pretty much his first games of an injury-hit season, its going to take time for him to get up to speed.

Agreed, he hasn't played since end of last season when he got injured! Think having some familiar players round him will help

I think we're we are going down this road we, as a group of fans, need to realise this will be a 2-3 years process of bedding these younger players in. If you think in recent years the development of Jonsson, Wallace, Temps and Driver didn't take 5 or 6 games.

I would say its taken Jonsson around 80-100 games to really look the part and Wallace, Berra, Driver and many other have been the same.

I think there's a really strong chance it could be a real struggle for a few seasons, but will ultimately worth while if we give the youngsters a chance.

jamboinglasgow

Agreed, he hasn't played since end of last season when he got injured! Think having some familiar players round him will help

I was on Pie and Bovril last night, wrote up about the 3 they now have. But also made the point to them about Denis that he needs a few games to get up to speed. Something interesting though after speaking to them was the style of football they play, I listen to the Terrace Podcast, and they talked last week how Raith are still playing a style where they punt it up to the striker, last season they had Tade who could handle it, but they dont have that kind of striker any more. The Raith fans were in agreement that is how they play and they feel they need to change style. I do think with signing Holt, Walker, Smith on loan as well as having Thomson and Prychnenko on loan McGlynn will change his style to suit one played on a quicker passing style. Also knowing Denis, he will be working hard to make sure he gets up to speed.

People on here are asking why take our youngsters on loan, well having a look at the Raith fans it is obvious that the players they have taken is where they have been weak, at news of Jamie Walker being a winger they were delighted as they feel their wingers have been poor for a while. They have a problem scoring goals so having someone who likes to go forward and attack will benefit them. Holt and Prychnenko allows them (if they also play a third player in the middle) to help control the midfield while David Smith can be a winger or a striker, both something they need. Also the three also add pace to a side which Raith fans say has been too slow. Of course it may not work out as may find it hard to get up to pace in the first division, though I would caution people from thinking that means they will never make it, it could be the jump is too soon. But for a team like Raith Rovers it may be a risk that it may not work, but it provides Raith Rovers a chance to gain talented (if inexperenced) players cheaply to add something different when they are struggling in the league.

One thing that was interesting speaking to the Raith fans was their view on Danny Thomson. Now I had seen he has often come off the bench for Raith but doesn't often started so presumed that he hasn't been doing well, but the Raith fans seem to think he has done well everytime he has played in central midfield or on the right, but they dont understand why McGlynn doesn't rate or doesn't play him more.

jamboinglasgow

Possibly the most positive article about Hearts in the Evening News ever!!! We must have written this ourselves...

Hearts? faces of tomorrow

It is a positive article there.

Been asking the Cowdenbeath fans what their views on Jordan Morton have been. And having a conversation with one who said that Jordan started well but fell away, but his attitudes changed completely in recent weeks and he has been superb for them. He says his work rate and ability is second to none. Also said that he took a big huff once when he played poorly and was subbed off by Mickey, he reckons the manager must have had a chat with him as since then he has looked a different player. Said before about Morton that he is a skillful player but his mental side is where he falls down, if Colin Cameron has managed to sort that side of his game out then that he could be a prospect for us. Though I will be watching the message boards to see if he keeps this up with his remaining time at Cowdenbeath. Interestingly, he asked not to be played by Hearts in the Scottish cup game last weekend, just as Mark Ridgers was asked not to play for East Fife, though Robert Ogleby played (unsure about Matthew Park though, he did not play in the game either but that may be down to injury.) Balatoni played for Partick Thistle. So these may give a clue of the players Hearts will take back in January.

Teams don't just 'happen', they need time to gel with the old players and get used to the new pressures of playing in the first team in front of large crowds every second week.

When Robbo, Mackay, Whittaker, Levein etc were brought through in the 80's the last time we had to do this, it took them a wee while to gel into a team, but look at the team we had once it all panned out (before anyone says it, I know it will be different this time around as that team stayed together, this team will be sold off as soon as one of them shows any ambition), I just think that it's not all doom and gloom bringing in the laddies.

with apologies for pedantry, Whittaker???

surely Roger was one of the seasoned pro's Doddy co opted to tutor the youth referred to. i imagine the mighty tache is having a giggle up there, enjoying the suggestion he was one of the youngsters being brought through.

back on topic quite agree.

Goldstone Wonder

Prychenko has played for Raith . Two games, not impressing the Raith fans so far .

Very much this according to a couple of my mates who are Raith fans.

Very much this according to a couple of my mates who are Raith fans.

Think he'd admit as much himself, know he is frustrated with how he's played but think he has the right attitude towards that (& his football in general) to get it right

Thig Ar Latha

with apologies for pedantry, Whittaker???

surely Roger was one of the seasoned pro's Doddy co opted to tutor the youth referred to. i imagine the mighty tache is having a giggle up there, enjoying the suggestion he was one of the youngsters being brought through.

back on topic quite agree.

100% Right. I suspect the poster was thinking of Dave Bowman, who broke into the first Team at the same time as Gary MacKay.

100% Right. I suspect the poster was thinking of Dave Bowman, who broke into the first Team at the same time as Gary MacKay.

To be fair Davie Bowman was a man at 16, left school, and was a regular in the first team almost immediately, in fact had played 100'games for Hearts first team before he was 19

jamboinglasgow

Was just looking on the Raith Rovers forum (Raith Fans Talk) and they are saying that the loan deals have not been completed yet, Hearts and Raith have agreed a deal but Raith are awaiting confirmation from the SFA.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am already worried about Prychnenko's future due to the few posts about him on here. The taking time to settle and coming back from injury situations attached to his scenario are almost destined to be lost on those who have read about a a few Raith fans no being impressed with the boy after two games. :(

I genuinely fear for the progress of these laddies in front of some of the 'characters' they will be playing in front of when they get back to Tynie after their loans. There are already posters on here who have any prior experience watching these lads who have decided we will struggle and even get relegated. :(

We can't start writing-off players of this age after 2-3 games, in fact it will take closer to 2-3 seasons, eg jonsson, Wallace, driver, temps, berra, Webster, ect ect None of these players became fully comfortable at first team level for a season or two.

Archived