Worst or funniest attempt at a chant you've heard?

Locky

My mate was telling me he tried to start singing the diff'rent strokes theme tune but changed it to different stokes at a hobo's match couple of seasons ago. Nevertheless no-one joined in but when he told me it made me chuckle.

Anyone else able to share any good ones?

Some shite gets sung at the back of section g on match days. Think some of the lads must drink a pint of Acid before the games.

Some shite gets sung at the back of section g on match days. Think some of the lads must drink a pint of Acid before the games.

They don't half belt out a few tedious ones.

Captain Lithuania

They don't half belt out a few tedious ones.

That "We're from the capital," is one of the worst.. sometimes I think people haven't saw some areas of Edinburgh.

Mate was a player with Meadowbank a good few years ago when they were playing Rangers. Much to everyone's surprise they took the lead, and the Bears began chanting 'You're going to get your F*****g heads kicked in' to the usual 50 or so Meadowbank supporters.

They waited till the chant had died down, then replied with 'We're going to get our f*****g heads kicked in'. :lol:

id like to hear:>

Anthony Stokes is illegitimate,hes got a DODGY birth certificate

His aunt is his mom and his dads an IDIOT,Dirty ****** *******.

Captain Lithuania

id like to hear:>

Anthony Stokes is illegitimate,hes got a DODGY birth certificate

His aunt is his mom and his dads an IDIOT,Dirty ****** *******.

Try suggesting that on the Rangers forum. You'll get a better response.

I used to love the Wyness Wonderland song. One of the most fun was singing entire 12 Days of Christmas with Jean Louis Valois for all the gifts at Dens Park! Graham Weir got the winner in that game if memory serves...

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

The 'Gorgie Dancer' chanting DARREN JACKSON, DARREN JACKSON for about half an hour even though he wasn't playing.

I used to love the Wyness Wonderland song. One of the most fun was singing entire 12 Days of Christmas with Jean Louis Valois for all the gifts at Dens Park! Graham Weir got the winner in that game if memory serves...

I remember people singing the Valois one in section N at the new year derby last year :lol:

The 'Gorgie Dancer' chanting DARREN JACKSON, DARREN JACKSON for about half an hour even though he wasn't playing.

Was that back when he sat in the main stand? :lol:

Many moons ago about 4 or 5 of us attended a Hearts home game, for one of the guys it was his first game, we were all about 12/13

The shed started singing 'Jingle Bells' and when it came to the Hibs part on New Yrs Day this lad sang out loud 'oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open slay' :lol:

Midfield Dynamo

Two Neil McFarlanes.....there's only two Neil McFarlanes. At Caly Thistle a few years back. If you were at the game you will know what I mean.

An older guy who sits behind us in Section D is normally full of the drink and shouts nonsense throughout the match. He shouted to Mikey Stewart that he couldnae trap a ?

Everybody thought he was going to say a bag of cement or a medicine ball.....but to our surprise shouted a MOOSE. Brilliant!

Two Neil McFarlanes.....there's only two Neil McFarlanes. At Caly Thistle a few years back. If you were at the game you will know what I mean.

An older guy who sits behind us in Section D is normally full of the drink and shouts nonsense throughout the match. He shouted to Mikey Stewart that he couldnae trap a ?

Everybody thought he was going to say a bag of cement or a medicine ball.....but to our surprise shouted a MOOSE. Brilliant!

I remember hearing two Neil Macfarlane's at Tannadyce a few years ago - one of our number bears a striking resemblance!

scottish_chicP

I think I know the guy you mean in D. If it is the same one some of his shouts are rather non PC at times unsure.gif

Dens circa late 70's ,Tommy Gemmell was Dundee manager,a section of Hearts fans started abusing him about the size of his nose. Remember hearing "Looking through Tommy Gemmells nose" being sung to the tune Looking Through Gary Gilmours Eyes.

Midfield Dynamo

I think I know the guy you mean in D. If it is the same one some of his shouts are rather non PC at times unsure.gif

Could very well be the same guy.......but half the time he just shouts and the only clear words you can make out are swear words.

Jimmy McNulty

Mate was a player with Meadowbank a good few years ago when they were playing Rangers. Much to everyone's surprise they took the lead, and the Bears began chanting 'You're going to get your F*****g heads kicked in' to the usual 50 or so Meadowbank supporters.

They waited till the chant had died down, then replied with 'We're going to get our f*****g heads kicked in'. :lol:

Back in the 1980s the Meadowbank Thistle Brake Club had, literally, a song list of 50 songs. I used to travel with them now and again when Hearts were playing at Ibrox or Darkheid, or if our game was cancelled etc..

It was kinda surreal; maybe 35 guys making up songs, taunting the opposition and laughing at themselves. If I could find an old copy of AWOL (the Mbank fanzine at the time was one of the top models for football fanzines, even getting a mention on Saint and Greavsie) I'd post here.

PS -- At one game against Queeen's Park at Hampden, a Meadowbank fan broke into the empty "traditional" Celtic end and sang "God Save the Queen".

Our "There's only 2 Paul Gascoignes" was a funny reply to the unwashed's "1 Paul Gascoignes" version after his loony bin turn. :lol:

Shoes off if u hate hibbees.

First started in the square in prague then taken back for the hibs parade, brillaint.

That hibs parade and section n1 when we won 1-0 in '05 against gers were some of the best banter ive had at games. Abusing the shellsuit guy and his ma :pleasing:

I went to a Hearts Vs Dunfermline game at EEP, in amongst proper blokes seething at how bad we were playing when my dad shouted...........................

"sock it to em lads"! :vrface:

I was about 16 at the time, and my dad looks like Steve Martin.

scottish_chicP

Could very well be the same guy.......but half the time he just shouts and the only clear words you can make out are swear words.

laugh.gif Yep that's the guy, if you look at it him just after a particularly long shout his head looks like it's going to explode!

I was at a DunfermlineVRaith Game (don't ask )shortly after Pars captain Norrie McCathie was found dead in his flat due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Raith fans were singing. He's black he's white, his pilot light is S***e. Worst one I have heard you are likley to be lifted for that now.

At a Hearts game when that lorry driver was killing prostitutes in Ipswich Miko was having one of his off day's and a boy shouted. "Miko you're p**h..someone stick a dress on him and send him to Ipswich."

Anyone remember the guy in Section N against St Johnstone at the start of last season? He kept shouting "Duberry, yer a grass. Yer a ******* grass Duberry!".

He done this for the whole 90mins and got some weird looks. Still trying to figure out what he was on about.

I was at a DunfermlineVRaith Game (don't ask )shortly after Pars captain Norrie McCathie was found dead in his flat due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Raith fans were singing. He's black he's white, his pilot light is S***e. Worst one I have heard you are likley to be lifted for that now.

At a Hearts game when that lorry driver was killing prostitutes in Ipswich Miko was having one of his off day's and a boy shouted. "Miko you're p**h..someone stick a dress on him and send him to Ipswich."

Thats ******* amazing!

Souness Souness wheres your wife?

She's being shagged by a diago, Shagged by a diago

Long long time ago but it still makes me laugh

Fermit the Krog

Anyone remember the guy in Section N against St Johnstone at the start of last season? He kept shouting "Duberry, yer a grass. Yer a ******* grass Duberry!".

He done this for the whole 90mins and got some weird looks. Still trying to figure out what he was on about.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/67038/Duberry-ready-for-Leeds-taunts.html

MICHAEL DUBERRY was labelled a ?grass? five years ago for his part in the trial against his then Leeds team-mates Jonathan Woodgate and Lee Bowyer over an attack on a student.

In the initial court case Duberry said evidence by Woodgate was false. Those claims were denied by Woodgate's barrister, who suggested Duberry wanted to "shop" his friend to replace him in the team.

Duberry was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice but was found not guilty.

The trial eventually collapsed but at the retrial Woodgate was found guilty of affray, while Bowyer was cleared of all charges.

Duberry was blasted by supporters for his decision to testify against his friend.

When at uni, I used to go watch Preston north end. At one game away to blackpool, during the worst ever nil nil, a Preston fan came out with this chant, which was the highlight of the whole game.

"Meat pie, sausage roll, come on Preston give us a goal."

When at uni, I used to go watch Preston north end. At one game away to blackpool, during the worst ever nil nil, a Preston fan came out with this chant, which was the highlight of the whole game.

"Meat pie, sausage roll, come on Preston give us a goal."

Haha, think that was turned into a song sung for ENGERLANDS 2006 WC campaign.

I remember being in the London Road Tavern at parkhead before the cup final loss to the Gers, when the locals seemed to enjoy our rendition of :-

'Tomato Soup and Lentil

We're all f?ckin mental

Na naa Na Na '

But This prompted a still game lookalike from weegieland to pull out his glass eye and stick a bottle of holsten pils in his eye socket and say ' Na big man ... This is f?ckin mental '

Couldn't really argue !!

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

That "We're from the capital," is one of the worst.. sometimes I think people haven't saw some areas of Edinburgh.

How old are you, Second Row Jambo?

Problem Officer?

The "We're from the Capital" song is decent but when morons sing it against Hibs and also when we played Spurs I was genuinely cringing my face off. :vrface:

It's not funny or banter. It's just 100% retardation.

Problem Officer?

You shall not, you shall not be washed.

Not by soap, shampoo, or shower gel.

Great chant, wish we sang it more against the Old Firm. Most of our supporters are too boring though and I'm not sure if the prawn sandwich brigade in the Gorgie would approve.

Not by soap, shampoo, or shower gel.

Great chant, wish we sang it more against the Old Firm. Most of our supporters are too boring though and I'm not sure if the prawn sandwich brigade in the Gorgie would approve.

Prawn sandwiches are nice though. I happen to sit in the gorgie stand so I guess this applies to me.

Should I be offended?

What type of sandwiches are acceptable?

Problem Officer?

Prawn sandwiches are nice though. I happen to sit in the gorgie stand so I guess this applies to me.

Should I be offended?

What type of sandwiches are acceptable?

No you shouldn't be offended, as I love a good old fashined sweeping generalisation. Personally I'm not a fan of prawn though, I'm more a ham and cheese with some branston pickle or tuna and mayonnaise guy. :)

No you shouldn't be offended, as I love a good old fashined sweeping generalisation. Personally I'm not a fan of prawn though, I'm more a ham and cheese with some branston pickle or tuna and mayonnaise guy. :)

Aw you're not one of the ham and cheese with branston pickle sandwich, and sometimes the occasional tuna Mayo brigaders are you? :seething:

:teehee:

The "We're from the Capital" song is decent but when morons sing it against Hibs and also when we played Spurs I was genuinely cringing my face off. :vrface:

It's not funny or banter. It's just 100% retardation.

Each to their own, I actually thought singing it to Spurs fans was amusing. Fair enough Hibs..

Each to their own, I actually thought singing it to Spurs fans was amusing. Fair enough Hibs..

Acceptable against Dundee United too imo. Dundee is well and truly, a shithole.

Problem Officer?

Aw you're not one of the ham and cheese with branston pickle sandwich, and sometimes the occasional tuna Mayo brigaders are you? :seething:

:teehee:

:jjyay:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I've heard it sung against, to various degrees, every team in the league even I.C.T. I happen to like the Highland capital :down:

Problem Officer?

Personally I reckon it made us look really silly. :)

Of course it's acceptable to sing it against Dundee Utd - it's acceptable to sing it against every team in the SPL bar Hibs, because they're erm, from Edinburgh. :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Singing we're from the capital against hibs is ok as Leith was not part of the capital when they last won the big cup :thumbsup:

Archived